Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit

5 posters

Go down

'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit Empty 'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 pm

A new marvel live action show in works to tie into MCU:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/abc-marvel-avengers-themed-tv-series/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
ABC And Marvel Eying ‘Avengers’-Themed TV Series BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday July 27, 2012 @ 5:07pm PDT Email This EXCLUSIVE: After scoring huge at the box-office with its Avengers movie, Marvel is looking to explore the mythology on the small screen too. I’ve learned that Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios explored, including a high-concept cop show. Marvel has already given the Avengers the animated treatment with Disney XD’s The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes and the upcoming Avengers Assemble. Related: Comic-Con: Marvel TV Previews New ‘Avengers Assemble’ Establishing a primetime foothold has been a priority for Disney-owned Marvel. The company has developed several projects for ABC Studios over the last couple of years, one of which, a Hulk series, is still in the works. Search is under way for a new writer to pen the project.
If a show happens I could easily maybe see a shield like show happen or maybe that idea awhile ago of mockingbird. So we grow the group more. Then maybe even get coblie smulders to pop in once in awhile as maria hill.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit Empty Re: 'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Was over on shh boards and a user there brought up a group that could work for this potential marvel show what ever it may be. Here is group he mentioned:
http://marvel.com/universe/Code%3A_Blue
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit Empty Re: 'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 pm

http://latino-review.com/2012/08/28/s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot-greenlit-abc-co-written-maybe-directed-joss-whedon/

‘S.H.I.E.L.D’ Pilot Greenlit By ABC, Co-Written And (Maybe) Directed By Joss Whedon
Posted on 8.28.12 by Matt Granados

'S.H.I.E.L.D' Live Action Show Greenlit Joss-WhedonCropped

Joss Whedon is returning to television, and it is simultaneously surprising and expected to hear that he is piggybacking on the mammoth success of Marvel’s The Avengers.

ABC Studios in conjunction with Marvel TV have greenlit a live-action pilot based on S.H.I.E.L.D — the high-tech shadow organization responsible for monitoring all threats to the world and assembling Earth’s Mightiest Heroes: The Avengers.

As if the man was not busy enough with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Whedon is now taking over the reins of a S.H.I.E.L.D series, the first in what is presumed to be a slate of live-action Marvel TV shows.

Whedon has signed on to co-write the series and, if his schedule works out, to direct the pilot.

Since its theatrical release in May and subsequent shattering of box office records, The Avengers has been nothing short of a pop culture megaquake. Now we are starting to feel its aftershocks in entirely different mediums.

A TV show based on S.H.I.E.L.D that will be executed with the care and precision afforded The Avengers movie? Sensational.

Are you excited, guys?

Source: Deadline Hollywood
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:13 am

I'm not sure I understand. Am I supposed to believe that making a comic book movie that is unapologetically a comic book movie that embraces being a comic book movie could result in a gravy train that leaks over into live action big screen sequels, animated TV series and live action shows like this SHIELD thing?

Oy...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Totally figurred it be shield show. I do hope we can see occasional appearances off slj or probably more likely colbie smulders maria hill in the show.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I'm not sure I understand. Am I supposed to believe that making a comic book movie that is unapologetically a comic book movie that embraces being a comic book movie could result in a gravy train that leaks over into live action big screen sequels, animated TV series and live action shows like this SHIELD thing?

Oy...

Indeed. I mean, why haven't we heard how they are going to take all the fun out, so it can be all "realistic" and "not funny-bookish"?

Yeah, I'm looking at you "Arrow".....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:02 am

This sounds like a great idea. Whedon's really at his best when it comes to TV production as one of his greatest strengths were story arcs than span much longer than a two hour film. One of the weaknesses of AVENGERS was that it felt more like TV than cinematic because of the way Whedon directs (really though, over a hundred things make up for that anyway). Whedon doing a Marvel TV show would be the best thing he could do and I really look forward to that. Best thing that could happen is that he would focus on this TV show, let someone with a better understanding of cinema direct the next AVENGERS to but still have the final say in production and the final script. His writing is his true strength and as long as whoever sticks with that and doesn't deviate from it (cough ALIEN RESURRECTION cough) then we should get an even better film than the first.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:55 pm

James Stocks wrote:This sounds like a great idea. Whedon's really at his best when it comes to TV production as one of his greatest strengths were story arcs than span much longer than a two hour film. One of the weaknesses of AVENGERS was that it felt more like TV than cinematic because of the way Whedon directs (really though, over a hundred things make up for that anyway).

Care to clarify with some examples?

Whedon doing a Marvel TV show would be the best thing he could do and I really look forward to that. Best thing that could happen is that he would focus on this TV show, let someone with a better understanding of cinema direct the next AVENGERS to but still have the final say in production and the final script. His writing is his true strength and as long as whoever sticks with that and doesn't deviate from it (cough ALIEN RESURRECTION cough) then we should get an even better film than the first.

Are you fucking kidding me? I mean, you have to be with stuff like this.

The "best" thing would be for SOMEONE ELSE to direct? Was the almost $1.6 BILLION DOLLARS not proof enough that he was the "best" person for the job? Did I miss something in the two times I saw it in theaters, and the additional three I have seen it at home?

Hey, let me take a wild guess here:

You liked 'Rises' more than 'The Avengers', right?

I'll hold off with any more until I get the answer I'm expecting to get.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
James Stocks wrote:This sounds like a great idea. Whedon's really at his best when it comes to TV production as one of his greatest strengths were story arcs than span much longer than a two hour film. One of the weaknesses of AVENGERS was that it felt more like TV than cinematic because of the way Whedon directs (really though, over a hundred things make up for that anyway).

Care to clarify with some examples?
I'll need to see it again if you want me to get specific. But the general impression I got was that it was a TV movie with a 200 million dollar budget. Not because it was filmed in 1:85 but there wasn't so much of that cinematic vibe to it like there was with THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA. Maybe when I get it on blu I'll get more into it. But as I said earlier, this a microcosm.

Whedon doing a Marvel TV show would be the best thing he could do and I really look forward to that. Best thing that could happen is that he would focus on this TV show, let someone with a better understanding of cinema direct the next AVENGERS to but still have the final say in production and the final script. His writing is his true strength and as long as whoever sticks with that and doesn't deviate from it (cough ALIEN RESURRECTION cough) then we should get an even better film than the first.

Are you fucking kidding me? I mean, you have to be with stuff like this.

The "best" thing would be for SOMEONE ELSE to direct? Was the almost $1.6 BILLION DOLLARS not proof enough that he was the "best" person for the job? Did I miss something in the two times I saw it in theaters, and the additional three I have seen it at home?

My point is that Whedon's strengths has always been in TV and I will bet my money that what he could cook up for SHIELD has the potential to be THE best live action MARVEL project ever. As a fan of BUFFY, ANGEL and FIREFLY, I truly believe we're gonna get something special.

Hey, let me take a wild guess here:

You liked 'Rises' more than 'The Avengers', right?

https://youtu.be/NIgfiSzCy1o
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 am

I don't see how you felt it was a tv movie quality. To me whedon did fine and felt very cinematic to me. Now for the show what shield agents do you guys want to see as the leads, and villains to go against?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 pm

Marvel's The Avengers a 200 million budget TV movie?!

lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:56 am

Fair enough.

Farewell.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:37 am

James Stocks wrote:Fair enough.

Farewell.

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Joss whedon on the shield show:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/172645-joss-whedon-says-shield-show-will-star-all-new-characters
Joss Whedon Says the S.H.I.E.L.D. Show Will Star 'All New Characters' by Spencer Perry September 12, 2012 Share this story

Will the MCU Heroes appear at all?

The good news is that Joss Whedon and company are 'very far' into creating the framework for the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show that was announced just a few weeks ago, but the bad news is that it will feature an all-new cast of characters. Whedon confirmed this detail in an interview with MTV.

"It's new characters. It needs to be its own thing," said Whedon. "It needs to be adjacent [to the movies] but you don't want to do a show where you're constantly going, 'Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.' You want them to do their own thing."

Whedon also clarified what exactly 'their thing' is, "Well, what does S.H.I.E.L.D. have that the other superheroes don't? And that, to me, is that they're not superheroes. But they live in that universe. Even though they're a big organization, that [lack of powers] makes them underdogs, and that's interesting to me."

The S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series is now in the pilot stage at ABC. Whedon will write the pilot alongside his brother, Jed Whedon, and Maurissa Tancharoen (who previously worked with Whedon on "Dollhouse" and "Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"). All three will also join Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb as executive producers.

I would hope its not all created for show characters. Be a waste not to use a few key shield agents from the comics like clay quatermain, johnny woo, carol danvers, mockingbird, jasper sitwell, and others. So hopefully we will see comic shield agents in the show too.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Titus Welliver talks item 47 and shield show:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67255
Titus Welliver Talks ITEM 47; And If He Will Be A Part Of The S.H.I.E.L.D TV Series

The Lost actor,and self professed comic geek,describes his experiences working for Marvel on short film Item 47. He also responds to the question on everyone's lips - will he pop up in Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D series?.. Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 9/15/2012

In an interview with SFX, actor Titus Welliver - who plays Agent Blake in Item 47 - discusses his work on that short film. Welliver, who has been a big comic fan for many years, says that he didn't spend that much time shooting, but that it was a "a tremendous amount of work" because the black lacquered floor in the room they were filming in made it very difficult to block reflections. But he also says he had great fun, which leads to the question - will he return as Agent Blake in the recently announced S.H.I.E.L.D tv series? Unfortunately he doesn't know much - or if he does he's keeping schtum about it - but he definitely sounds like he's interested..

“I don’t know, I literally, you know, that press release was just done last week, and that was the first that I’ve heard of it. I would certainly be more than happy to participate in that, although I have no information, no insider information. But I would love to do it because I’ve thoroughly enjoyed myself on Item 47 and I think if you’re gonna be part of a fictional universe, this is the one to be a part of.”

Would you guys like to see Welliver back for the new tv show? Sound off in the usual place, and click the link below to check out the full interview.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down