Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie Star Activism

2 posters

Go down

Movie Star Activism Empty Movie Star Activism

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:12 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/fracking-lawmaker-accidentally-votes-legalize-carolina-183007231.html

Movie Star Activism Mark-ruffalo-fracking

What is it about becoming a liberal wackadoo activist the minute you get one hit movie under your belt?

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADMIN - Thread title capitalization.... ;))
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Movie Star Activism Empty Re: Movie Star Activism

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:58 pm

You could have just as easily titled this thread "Movie Star Arrogance".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:20 pm

www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/10/ben-affleck-has-hard-time-watching-republican-actors

10:1 Affleck The College Dropout doesn't see the disconnect about his own activism vs. his brand viability.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:22 am

thecolorsblend wrote:www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/10/ben-affleck-has-hard-time-watching-republican-actors

10:1 Affleck The College Dropout doesn't see the disconnect about his own activism vs. his brand viability.

Dude, his best buddy Matt Damon made a movie about "fracking", was proven by SCIENCE that the claims regarding said practice were BULLSHIT, and he STILL tried claiming his shitty little film was "accurate".

I don't live my life "Republican/Democrat", but I will say I won't bother watching Sean Penn or George Clooney movies anymore. Streisand either, but that should go without saying...

Movie Star Activism Team_a10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:43 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Dude, his best buddy Matt Damon made a movie about "fracking", was proven by SCIENCE that the claims regarding said practice were BULLSHIT, and he STILL tried claiming his shitty little film was "accurate".
Clooney said the same thing about Good Night and Good Luck. He "triple-sourced everything". Really? Could've fooled me (and, more importantly, actual fucking history).

Apologist Puncher wrote:I don't live my life "Republican/Democrat", but I will say I won't bother watching Sean Penn or George Clooney movies anymore. Streisand either, but that should go without saying...
And that's something else, I identify primarily as a Libertarian (and the reason for that is because they're not quite as bad about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as the GOP). Very honestly I don't give two damns what other people do or with whom they do it as long as it doesn't become my problem. I just don't understand wtf is so complicated about that or why other people can't abide by a similar philosophy. It works literally everywhere else in society. "You leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. Deal?" But somehow the minute it becomes about national politics, we have a bunch of Democrats who think they can legislate financial prosperity or Republicans who think they can legislate personal morality and both are uniformly shocked when they fail.

Normally I wouldn't talk this much about my politics but this is sort of the thread for it.

"Leave me alone. You will be left alone." The simplest, more desirable political philosophy that anybody America would agree with yet nobody seems willing to practice it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down