Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie

2 posters

Go down

MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie Empty MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Well just saw this story:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60133
EXCLUSIVE: Barry Sonnenfeld In Talks With Warner Bros. To Helm A Comic Book Movie

Barry Sonnenfeld has helmed all three instalments of the Men in Black franchise (the third is released this Friday) and in a brief excerpt from from my interview with the director, he reveals that he's in talks with Warner Bros. to helm a comic book movie. Josh Wilding - 5/21/2012

Last week, I got the chance to put my questions to Men in Black 3 director Barry Sonnenfeld. While there has already been talk of a fourth instalment, it sounds as if he may have a very different project to tackle before that happens. When asked about what he thinks of the recent trend of successful superhero movies and whether there are any characters in particular he'd like to bring to the big screen, the filmmaker revealed the following.

"You know, I'm talking to Warner Bros. about doing a franchise based on a comic that hasn't been around since the 60s. But it's too early to talk about it. But possibly, yes."

So, nothing concrete just yet, but this is very interesting indeed. While it's seemingly not a a big name DC superhero, the adaptation is obviously a character that the studio holds the rights to, so whether or not it's some sort of obscure superhero remains unknown. Any ideas? Stay tuned to CBM this week for the rest of my interview with Barry Sonnenfeld in which he discusses Men in Black 3 in great detail and also comments on the chances of the rumoured fourth movie mentioned above. You can find my 4* review of the threequel by clicking HERE, and don't forget to check out Men in Black 3 when it's released this Friday.
What are your guesses. Personally I don't think he wouldn't be bad for flash/shazam. But the article said it isn't a character who been around since the 60s. Or maybe it could be on one of those graphic novels books.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie Empty Re: MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 22, 2012 12:29 am

That covers a lot of ground. The Fourth World (WB will want something to compete with Thor, I'd wager), Booster Gold (WB will want something to compete with Iron Man, I'd wager), Guy Gardner (a halfass Green Lantern reboot) and a lot of others could all accurately be said to have been created after the 1960's.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie Empty Re: MIB director in talks to direct another comic movie

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm

So it looks like we now know what film Sonnenfeld is up for:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/171237-barry-sonnenfeld-attached-to-the-metal-men-film
Barry Sonnenfeld Attached to The Metal Men Film by Spencer Perry June 21, 2012 Share this story

MIB director to helm another comic book franchise

"Men in Black" director Barry Sonnenfeld has been looking to adapt another comic book property for the big screen and it turns out he's going way back for the picture.

According to Vulture , he is attached to direct an adaptation of DC's The Metal Men. For those unaware, the series centers on Dr. William Magnus and the six cyborgs that he creates all from a different element - Gold, Tin, Iron, Lead, Mercury, and Platinum. The six robots each have powers corresponing to their namesake too.

No word on a screenwriter or any other details, but keep an eye open here for more info.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:43 am

Huh. The Metal Men. Well, I'll give WB their due for thinking outside the box. And if you're going to make a Metal Men movie, Sonnenfeld ain't a bad choice for the job. Plays to the same whimsical-but-sci-fi vibe Men In Black has going for it.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:22 pm

Ya he is a ideal choice for this bunch. Hopefully it does happen and sonnenfeld creates a fun, zany film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down