Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avengers offical review thread (spoilers ahead)

+3
BHoward
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Avengers offical review thread (spoilers ahead) - Page 3 Empty Re: Avengers offical review thread (spoilers ahead)

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Avengers is easily one of the most acclaimed superhero movies of all time (if not the most). It's got action, humor, real drama, believable conflicts, the whole thing.

So naturally the Apologists and the Nolanites, suffering from penile envy as they tend to do, bash on it.

Apologist dillhole wrote:#8 | Clarkie on May 30, 2012 5:26pm EST
Hey, Avengers! You got the action! Like no other! However, maybe, in the next film, you'll put aside the "cool" one-liners and obvious pandering and make room for things that fans DESERVE, not just what they think they want, like, say.....character development...and drama to care about......a story. That would be cool. If you wanna.

[snip]

Original URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=11415#comments
The conflicts and arcs in the Avengers are mostly parasitic of what the other movies set up. Thor has clearly grown from his experiences in his solo movie. Ditto Cap. Ditto Banner. And Stark makes a pretty self-sacrificial move with the nuke at the end of the film when, through out, he was accused constantly of being out for himself.

Mind you, the truly telling remarks are still to come.

[snip]

Man, I can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises to bring the whuppin' to this overrated film. In quality, I have no doubt. But, in box office, too. And, here's hoping for that Man Of Steel teaser!!

Kinda says it all, yes?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Avengers offical review thread (spoilers ahead) - Page 3 Empty Re: Avengers offical review thread (spoilers ahead)

Post  non_amos Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 am

Apologists: BITE ME!

Nolanites: Ditto. Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Just got out of seeing it once more. Which was my third time seeing it in theaters. And wanted to see it once more due to the rerelease. And just as the first two times I enjoyed it a lot. And still holds well with repeat viewings. And still loved all the fight scenes, and other things I mentioned in my past posts. Can't wait to end of the month to get it on blueray.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey, Avengers! You got the action! Like no other! However, maybe, in the next film, you'll put aside the "cool" one-liners and obvious pandering and make room for things that fans DESERVE, not just what they think they want, like, say.....character development...and drama to care about......a story. That would be cool. If you wanna.

Man, I can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises to bring the whuppin' to this overrated film. In quality, I have no doubt. But, in box office, too. And, here's hoping for that Man Of Steel teaser!!

No point opening up that link because it's already gone. I guess the Eunuch learned back in 2007 that it's bad business to leave this stuff on the record for too long. That's why I'm glad some of it gets archived over here.

So let's see. Avengers is a far better film. And in terms of box office... honestly, do I even have to go into that one?

The Apologists lose once again.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Surre there was great action and plently of one liners. But I so don't agree with development of characters. I thought there has been a lot in there. And we already had most of buildup in the solo films. So blah blah blah to that person.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3