Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Earth-2 "Batman"

4 posters

Go down

"Earth-2 "Batman" Empty "Earth-2 "Batman"

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Damn, Jim Lee has a freaky "collar fetish", doesn't he??

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=55373

"Earth-2 "Batman" Batman-Earth-2
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

"Earth-2 "Batman" Empty Re: "Earth-2 "Batman"

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:24 am

He sure does, personally i dont like high collars. That is more suited for military dress/characters i say like take star trek that i am ok with for high collars in there starfleet uniforms. But on super heroes, more so the ones that wear suits under normal clothing or what not it just takes the believability out that they can hide costume under normal cloths. Also whats up with the weird design stripe down the middle.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Earth-2 Robin:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/02/28/earth-2-character-designs-robin/?utm_source=ComicsInsider-via-twitter
Coming in May, DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 “Second Wave” will literally expand the world-building efforts of the comprehensive publishing initiative. With the addition of a parallel Earth that features prominently into both EARTH 2 and WORLDS’ FINEST, the developing narrative will encompass new heroes from distinctly different backgrounds, building on the shared universe in some surprising ways.

“Helena Wayne has been taught how to be the perfect Robin,” said James Robinson, writer of EARTH 2. “Assured as a detective, fighter, scientist, pilot and all around crime-fighter she’s been groomed by Batman to be the perfect caped manhunter (or should we say manHuntress) when she grows up.”

“Before coming to the main DCU Earth and taking up the mantle of Huntress, Helena Wayne fought crime alongside her father as the Robin to his Batman on Earth-2!” said WORLDS’ FINEST editor Wil Moss. “But how did she come to be on this Earth? And why did she decide to become Huntress? You’ll get some clues in next week’s HUNTRESS #6, but for the real scoop, pick up WORLDS’ FINEST #1!”

Here’s a first look at the Robin of Earth 2, designed by Kevin Maguire.
"Earth-2 "Batman" Earth210
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Looks to me like DC is gonna cut their own throat. Wrists too. Hence this garbage. No, DC, 'Earth-2' was like what I grew up on with it's classic designs & continuity, not this garbage! Gimme a break! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 pm

non_amos wrote:Looks to me like DC is gonna cut their own throat. Wrists too. Hence this garbage. No, DC, 'Earth-2' was like what I grew up on with it's classic designs & continuity, not this garbage! Gimme a break! Mad
I've got a different reference point. For starters, I don't think it's really possible to re-establish Earth-2 as it was. Too many of those concepts are or have become integrated into the mainstream DCU/Earth-1. So inventing a new Earth-2 that more or less runs with the same essential concepts while still being a new thing works okay for me. Sure, I'd prefer Helena Wayne go back to being the Huntress (because Batman having a kid with a supposed adversary and then taking him/her on as Robin is sorta already covered in the mainstream continuity) but, in and of itself, not much about this newfangled Earth-2 bothers me too much.

Keep in mind though, I'm a Post-Crisis/Byrne baby so I don't have the same attachment to the original Earth-2 that you do. So hmm.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 pm

It looks like total ass.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down