Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Is It That Batman...

5 posters

Go down

Why Is It That Batman... Empty Why Is It That Batman...

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:19 am

Never throws Batarangs in ANY of his movies? Seriously?

I think you can count on one hand the amount of times he has so far.

It's really perplexing when it comes to Nolan's Bat-flicks too. They had that whole sequence where he is grinding them into their Bat-shapes, and even tossing one as they transitioned scenes. But in the movie, he throws a couple to knock-out the lights in the ship yard, then don't show up again until he holds a couple on Ras Al Ghul at the end. Why??

There is nothing "unrealistic" about Batarangs, or Batman being "precise" with them. He was trained by NINJA'S, for crying out-loud, and what is one of their "trademark" weapons? Why the ninja star, of course!
Why Is It That Batman... Ninja-star

I think it's about time that they had Batman actually use the "gadgets" in his Utility Belt more often, starting with the Batarangs.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Why Is It That Batman... Empty RE: Why IS It That Batman...

Post  non_amos Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:34 am

You DO remember WHO were talking about here, right?

NOLAN!

Heaven forbid that he make HIS Batman look like a cartoon or *GULP* a.....COMIC BOOK CHARACTER?! Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Why Is It That Batman... Empty Re: Why Is It That Batman...

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 am

non_amos wrote:You DO remember WHO were talking about here, right?

NOLAN!

Heaven forbid that he make HIS Batman look like a cartoon or *GULP* a.....COMIC BOOK CHARACTER?! Shocked
Of course, Nolan abides by STRICT rules of realism and believability, which gives his films a higher degree of credibility than previous cartoons and movies.

Speaking of which, I sure hope Batman uses that same nifty "sonar technology applied to cell phones so that he can find anybody anywhere at any time" in TDKR. That thing is swell!!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:18 am

Will be nice if we see some more cool gadgets I the next film. As for batarangs I see nothing to fantaiscal of them. More or less they are like a throwing star. Which where real weapons. As for why they didn't use them much who knows.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Why Is It That Batman... Empty RE: Why IS It That Batman...

Post  non_amos Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:29 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:You DO remember WHO were talking about here, right?

NOLAN!

Of course, Nolan abides by STRICT rules of realism and believability, which gives his films a higher degree of credibility than previous cartoons and movies.

Speaking of which, I sure hope Batman uses that same nifty "sonar technology applied to cell phones so that he can find anybody anywhere at any time" in TDKR. That thing is swell!!

Interesting thing about that. Wasn't THAT idea adapted from the comics of RECENT past?! What I mean is, although I haven't read it, I AM aware that before the DC comic series 'Infinite Crisis' there was one called 'IDENTITY CRISIS'. Wasn't THAT storyline something like Batman was in the Justice League satellite using a technology code-named 'Brother Eye'? Where HE could spy on all the goings-on around, including SUPERMAN? Wasn't THAT supposed to have been a controversial storyline in the comics? I also understand that in the FAILED attempt at a JLA film that it was supposed to be the PLOT for said film! A rogue Batman using that technology!

Now we ALL know that Nolan didn't approve of the JLA film while he was doing HIS version of Batman & it wouldn't surprise me if there's not MORE to the story than we even are aware of?! But lo & behold! The 1st time I went to see TDK in the theater, what did I SEE?! It's like Nolan ripped-off the idea for himself & did HIS version! Albeit on a smaller scale. Gotham City & NOT the entire planet, AND for the expressed purpose of Batman stopping the Joker instead of being his OWN 'big brother'. But you tell me. Coincidence, or NOT?! Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:37 pm

non_amos wrote:Interesting thing about that. Wasn't THAT idea adapted from the comics of RECENT past?! What I mean is, although I haven't read it, I AM aware that before the DC comic series 'Infinite Crisis' there was one called 'IDENTITY CRISIS'. Wasn't THAT storyline something like Batman was in the Justice League satellite using a technology code-named 'Brother Eye'? Where HE could spy on all the goings-on around, including SUPERMAN? Wasn't THAT supposed to have been a controversial storyline in the comics? I also understand that in the FAILED attempt at a JLA film that it was supposed to be the PLOT for said film! A rogue Batman using that technology!

Now we ALL know that Nolan didn't approve of the JLA film while he was doing HIS version of Batman & it wouldn't surprise me if there's not MORE to the story than we even are aware of?! But lo & behold! The 1st time I went to see TDK in the theater, what did I SEE?! It's like Nolan ripped-off the idea for himself & did HIS version! Albeit on a smaller scale. Gotham City & NOT the entire planet, AND for the expressed purpose of Batman stopping the Joker instead of being his OWN 'big brother'. But you tell me. Coincidence, or NOT?! Question
It's been a pretty long time since I read those issues but what you're saying sounds about right to me.

It's funny. When the JLA stuff started making the rounds, someone reported on the Brother Eye angle. I forget who, but someone made (what was considered at the time) a leap in logic that one reason Nolan was pissed off about the JLA movie was because he was planning to use the Brother Eye concept in TDK. The idea was scoffed at by at least a few people at time who (correctly) said that such an idea would be a bit too high concept for the Nolanverse. I forget who suggested or scoffed at what but I remember that idea lurking around like Singerman in a tree back in those days.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Of course, Nolan abides by STRICT rules of realism and believability, which gives his films a higher degree of credibility than previous cartoons and movies.

Which is why I said THIS:

Apologist Puncher wrote:There is nothing "unrealistic" about Batarangs, or Batman being "precise" with them. He was trained by NINJA'S, for crying out-loud, and what is one of their "trademark" weapons? Why the ninja star, of course!

It IS "realistic" when you put it into that context.

I had no problems with it, but it really didn't make much sense.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Which is why I said THIS:
I was being sarcastic. The sonar shit made absolutely no sense. None.

And yes, you are right, a batarang is no less realistic or credible than the concept of Batman itself; in for a penny, in for a pound, eh?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:50 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I was being sarcastic. The sonar shit made absolutely no sense. None.

Agreed, but it wasn't something I focused on.

And yes, you are right, a batarang is no less realistic or credible than the concept of Batman itself; in for a penny, in for a pound, eh?

Or the concept of, say, NINJA'S. Seeing as they were REAL and all....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 am

I don't mean to bring up an old topic but... Yeah I too notice Bats haven't uses his signature Baterangs in any recent "Batman" film including the ones directed by Nolan however aside from Bats actually using Baterangs in "Batman Begins" there were some moments that Bats actually did uses Baterangs during the Burton/Schumacher era like in "Batman Returns" Bats uses a Baterang that sort of has a targeting system and hits everyone of its target except for one due to being caught by a poodle and later in "Batman Forever" Bats uses a sharp looking Baterang and hurl at the Riddler's brain wave machine.

Also I like to point out that in BB the Baterangs are suppose to serve as Bat shaped shurikens since, you know... Bruce Wayne was trained by ninjas! And since shurikens were design to attack & pierce opponents from a distance Bats basicly uses these Baterangs as distractions since he's oppose to killing his enemies!

But we can all hope that Bats will use them again in the next film installment but prohaps more effectively this time!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down