Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting - Page 2 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 am

Jon Hamm was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon tonight & Fallon asked him point-blank about the Internet rumors about him playing Superman. Hamm was like, no one has let HIM know. He also joked about his age, like if Superman had a power to get 'really old' & talked about 'power-walking' at the mall. He did sound receptive to doing a skit though for Fallon on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

Is this true? Is Hamm NOT really gonna seriously consider the role? Or is this a typical Hollywood ruse to throw us off? Thoughts? Do you suppose 'STEVE' knows? Rolling Eyes

Also over at duh Homopage some guy keeps pushing for Victor Webster to get the role. The guy looks like he may have the physique to play the part but I believe even he's about 37. I hate to say much about his acting but someone said he played that gay character on the NEWER version of MELROSE PLACE that got canceled after one season. I remember that character on that program but didn't know it was him until now but PUH_LEAZZZEEE! Does EVERY actor that plays Superman also have to do gay roles?! And don't just say ol' BJ. Even Christopher Reeve did one called DEATHTRAP with Michael Caine!

Hey! Here's a thought! THIS time, let's just try & STEER CLEAR of all of that controversy, 'K?! Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 2 Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:25 am

Sure its nice to have some rumors to talk about for the film. But it would be even nicer to have solid news on casting. But we are probably still going to be waiting for awhile. I will like once we got real names testing so we can actually have a feel in direction casting will go and possible age range they are going for. I do really hope they cast clark/supes ASAP before the end of the yr. More so if filming is scheduled for june/july/aug next yr(which to make winter 2012 release) they need too. So he has alot of time to bulk up, costume fittings, and all other prep work needed for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:54 pm

The idea of 35/40 year old Superman doesn't really match up with the alleged storyline of a Clark who's travelling the world and is unsure if he event wants to be Superman. I'm not sure I believe this.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Yea colors that is the issue when we just have a few comments from nolan/snyder and more rumors then real details. still a mature supes is fine, if this was a one an done film. But of course we all know wb will want to have a series if this one is the hit it needs to be. But with all the issues with the copyriught and not knowing were things will go is a big problem.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 pm

HEY! WHO butchered my post?! I didn't write all of the above! Someone took quotes from me, put my 'name' on it (IF that is indeed my real name), & the REST is their OWN words! What happened to my post?! I can't even get it back now! Score one for FREE SPEECH, huh?! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:12 pm

non_amos wrote:HEY! WHO butchered my post?! I didn't write all of the above! Someone took quotes from me, put my 'name' on it (IF that is indeed my real name), & the REST is their OWN words! What happened to my post?! I can't even get it back now! Score one for FREE SPEECH, huh?! Evil or Very Mad

I think one of the Moderators here hit "Edit" by mistake.

Calm down, PM me with what you actually said, and I'll fix it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 pm

yea probably was a mistake, like ap said just have him fix it for ya.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:HEY! WHO butchered my post?! I didn't write all of the above! Someone took quotes from me, put my 'name' on it (IF that is indeed my real name), & the REST is their OWN words! What happened to my post?! I can't even get it back now! Score one for FREE SPEECH, huh?! Evil or Very Mad

I think one of the Moderators here hit "Edit" by mistake.

Calm down, PM me with what you actually said, and I'll fix it.
Oops. Was it me? I thought I clicked "quote", not "edit". Sorry non_amos (if that is your real name).

Last edited by thec0l0rsblend on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:02 am

Hey, it's as real as your name, right? Wink

I mean, who ELSE could I be, correct? Cool
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:06 am

Glad you're taking it in stride. But seriously dude, we don't censor opinions around here. I personally am perfectly willing to bash the absolute shit out of someone else's opinion but I DO NOT believe in censoring those opinions. Really man, sorry about that. I apologize. I think what happened was that I clicked on "Edit" instead of "Quote" on your post. Won't happen again, okay?

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:20 am

That's fine.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 am

HEY! Check out this link for ONE specific comment that hits the nail right on the head:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8739#comments

Read comment #19 by Ultimate Deathstar. I'm not sure if I'm SUPPOSED to be able to 'copy & paste' from duh Homopage. AP, is that allowed, or would EUNUCH put his secret gestapo on us due to copyrights? Please clarify.

Anyway, THIS guy is obviously a realist who took his 2 boys to see SINGERMAN when it was released. He was stunned into silence when his youngest son told him that the film SUCKED! And the older boy agreed. What's more, this guy blames Brandon 'BJ' Routhman for DERAILING the Superman film franchise!

Maybe that guy needs to be posting over HERE?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:34 am

Hopefully we will hear some good things once a casting list of potentialsbare out. So we really seebwhat they are going for and what type of look/type of actor. First they need the right height and size/giving enough time to bulk up. Hair and eyes not really an issue there. Though natural dark brown/black hair and blue eyes would be nice. I made this comment before for both lois and clark I think they should look into folis with a good comedic background, also for clark take a stab at looking at guys with stage/theater backgrounds.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 pm

non_amos wrote:HEY! Check out this link for ONE specific comment that hits the nail right on the head:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8739#comments

Read comment #19 by Ultimate Deathstar. I'm not sure if I'm SUPPOSED to be able to 'copy & paste' from duh Homopage. AP, is that allowed, or would EUNUCH put his secret gestapo on us due to copyrights? Please clarify.

Anyway, THIS guy is obviously a realist who took his 2 boys to see SINGERMAN when it was released. He was stunned into silence when his youngest son told him that the film SUCKED! And the older boy agreed. What's more, this guy blames Brandon 'BJ' Routhman for DERAILING the Superman film franchise!

Maybe that guy needs to be posting over HERE?

Yes he should. And it won't take too many more of those posts to get Eunuch, Fagley or asswright to ban him.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Yes he should. And it won't take too many more of those posts to get Eunuch, Fagley or asswright to ban him.
It may be worth sending one of our own over there as a sacrificial lamb to let that dude know there are other places he can post; a forum perhaps more friendly to his views.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:28 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Yes he should. And it won't take too many more of those posts to get Eunuch, Fagley or asswright to ban him.
It may be worth sending one of our own over there as a sacrificial lamb to let that dude know there are other places he can post; a forum perhaps more friendly to his views.

I would, but I despise that place.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:39 pm

There's been a lot of talk about Armie Hammer for Superman. I am not familiar with his work at all, and only remember his name from the failed JLA film. But his look isn't that bad, and he's a pretty big guy:

Superman Casting - Page 2 Allstarphotos131005-armie-hammer-gossip-girl-newscom

Anyone have any opinions on him?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:12 pm

yea didnt care for him as batman for jlm crap. Plus he was only 23 at the time. So i thought that was just wrong. Though he does have dark hair, very tall and a deep voice. So bulking up he would probably make a better superman then batman. So if we ultimatly get a young superman i def wouldnt mind him testing/landing the role. As for his other work, i havent seen him yet in the social network. And i heard that billy grahmn film. Only thing i saw him in was the second season of reaper. Which i thought he was ok in.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:08 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:There's been a lot of talk about Armie Hammer for Superman. I am not familiar with his work at all, and only remember his name from the failed JLA film. But his look isn't that bad, and he's a pretty big guy:
Guy's a friggin giant.

Back when the JLA thing was going around, everybody bashed on the guy. I remembered him from an episode of Veronica Mars though from just before the JLA stuff broke.

In one scene, he basically has to bust into somebody's room and intimidate this other guy, a la Batman. His voice, his build, his overall presence... yeah, you buy it. You could believe he could probably make someone crap their pants. He doesn't scream Batman but I could buy that aspect of him. In other scenes, he brought other qualities across.

Bottom line, on the strength of that one episode of Veronica Mars, I'd at least give the dude a screen test. (A) He can act (which puts him miles ahead of Blandon Routh, as you well know) and (B) as I've said, sooner or later the dude's going to end up in a superhero movie. It can only be a matter of time. So why the hell not cast him as Superman?

As for his age... give me a break. That's so not even an excuse anymore to pass over otherwise qualified actors for superhero roles. There's no good reason at all why Hammer shouldn't be considered for Superman at age 24, esp when he could easily pass for being older. Hell, I'd give Hammer a screen test sooner than I would Tom Welling (and I love Welling)!

EDIT/UPDATE- And let's talk about that chin. He's got a pretty solid chin and jawline. Nothing obnoxious but there is a heroic quality to it. Little things like that make a difference in the overall picture. When all's said and done, it's just another argument for giving the dude a screen test.

Last edited by thec0l0rsblend on Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:37 am

I am now more open for him and I would be ok if he did test. And if they wanted the character to be late 20s he would fit it well. And having him young like reeve was we can hold on to him for a few yrs and he wouldn't age up to much. If he did end up getting the role I would be ok, and hope he does the best possible in the role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Have to say that pic above of Hammer is pretty impressive for Supes, especially considering what Colors says.

Had a mate tell me about the upcoming film during the week and he was curious as to why Welling just doesn't step up to the big screen.....and he doesn't watch Smallville.....I just think, whilst there is undoubted support for Welling, they'll want to do their own thing anyway, which is understandable.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:59 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Guy's a friggin giant.

He's got about two inches on me.

Height wise anyway......Cool

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Back when the JLA thing was going around, everybody bashed on the guy. I remembered him from an episode of Veronica Mars though from just before the JLA stuff broke.

In one scene, he basically has to bust into somebody's room and intimidate this other guy, a la Batman. His voice, his build, his overall presence... yeah, you buy it. You could believe he could probably make someone crap their pants. He doesn't scream Batman but I could buy that aspect of him. In other scenes, he brought other qualities across.

The only thing that bothered me was him being cast as Batman. Batman should NOT dwarf Superman by a good 7 inches.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Bottom line, on the strength of that one episode of Veronica Mars, I'd at least give the dude a screen test. (A) He can act (which puts him miles ahead of Blandon Routh, as you well know) and (B) as I've said, sooner or later the dude's going to end up in a superhero movie. It can only be a matter of time. So why the hell not cast him as Superman?

I agree. I have no qualms with the guy playing Supes if he can act.

thec0l0rsblend wrote:As for his age... give me a break. That's so not even an excuse anymore to pass over otherwise qualified actors for superhero roles. There's no good reason at all why Hammer shouldn't be considered for Superman at age 24, esp when he could easily pass for being older. Hell, I'd give Hammer a screen test sooner than I would Tom Welling (and I love Welling)!

EDIT/UPDATE- And let's talk about that chin. He's got a pretty solid chin and jawline. Nothing obnoxious but there is a heroic quality to it. Little things like that make a difference in the overall picture. When all's said and done, it's just another argument for giving the dude a screen test.

Age is a non-factor. Christopher Reeve was 26.

End-o-story.

Superman Casting - Page 2 Dodgeball
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 2 Empty RE:Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:25 pm

My own computer problems are resolved with this site & I've found a couple of other nuggets:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29185

I haven't read all of this but I found this link at duh Homopage. According to Mark Waid, he WANTS to see ol' BJ reprise the role because, according to him, he 'really nailed it.' I'm sure that 'BJ' nailed 'something but it wasn't SUPERMAN! Waid also wants BIRTHRIGHT to be the story that Zack Snyder does. I have to go to work shortly but ponder these things. Thoughts?

Here's another little nugget. It seems Robert Zemeckis turned down Superman:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8788#comments

Debate!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:02 pm

non_amos wrote:My own computer problems are resolved with this site & I've found a couple of other nuggets:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29185

I haven't read all of this but I found this link at duh Homopage. According to Mark Waid, he WANTS to see ol' BJ reprise the role because, according to him, he 'really nailed it.' I'm sure that 'BJ' nailed 'something but it wasn't SUPERMAN! Waid also wants BIRTHRIGHT to be the story that Zack Snyder does. I have to go to work shortly but ponder these things. Thoughts?

Debate!

Mark Waid has been on the Peeps "bandwagon" from the beginning. Just because he is a decent writer, I guess?, doesn't mean he has good TASTE.

BJ ain't coming back.

I hate repeating myself...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:11 am

non_amos wrote:I haven't read all of this but I found this link at duh Homopage. According to Mark Waid, he WANTS to see ol' BJ reprise the role because, according to him, he 'really nailed it.' I'm sure that 'BJ' nailed 'something but it wasn't SUPERMAN! Waid also wants BIRTHRIGHT to be the story that Zack Snyder does. I have to go to work shortly but ponder these things. Thoughts?
Birthright was surely a dream come true for Waid. I don't doubt he wants that codified into a movie. More on this in a sec.

Debate!
That's just heartbreaking... if true. Which I can't be sure of since I can't open the Younis page. What, was he told he couldn't mo-cap the thing and so he lost interest? I love the guy but I hate the guy.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Mark Waid has been on the Peeps "bandwagon" from the beginning.
Mmm. Yes and no. For reasons which utterly elude me, he drinks the same Blandon Routh kool-aid as everyone else but as far as Singerman itself goes, I believe he went on record bashing on it. I think he later "clarified" his thoughts but even so I think it says a lot that his first instinct was to go for the jugular like he did.

Just because he is a decent writer, I guess?, doesn't mean he has good TASTE.
Gotta say, he's more than a decent writer in my book. His Flash is my Flash. His first time out on the Flash remains one of the greatest runs any writer has ever had on any book. Ever. Period. I'll fight anybody to the death over that one. People can say whatever the hell they want about Peter David's Hulk, Frank Miller's Daredevil, James Robinson's Starman, whatever, for me Waid EASILY takes the prize with the Flash. He took Wally West and believably transitioned the guy from a complete asshole into one of DC's best characters. I defy anybody on this forum to show me a writer facing a tougher uphill battle. It just can't be done.

As far as Birthright is concerned, if I read it just as a Superman story, it's good. I've got some quibbles with it (did we really need a vegetarian Superman? Sure, Mark "I love me some fast food" Waid justifies it but still!) but when all's said and done, it's a nice little story arc.

If I read it as "the new origin" it was intended to be, it's an absolute, unmitigated, epic failure. It destroys the very continuity it was designed to fit into and redefine. There's simply no defending it on those grounds.

BJ ain't coming back.

I hate repeating myself...
Geeze, I hope you're right. At the very least, WB has taken a SERIOUS risk in hiring Nolan to produce the reboot. They then took another serious risk in hiring Snyder to direct it. This movie is one more questionable decision away from "full on panic" mode.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next