Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Casting

+8
darwin76
TomWelling4Superman
non_amos
Belltown213
lib
webhead2006
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
12 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Superman Casting - Page 7 Empty Re: Superman Casting

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 pm

webhead2006 wrote:wait is cavill gay? if so didnt know that. unless someone over there was getting cavill and boomer mixed up.

Read my post and click the link. Should tell you all you need to know.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:13 pm

I can't help thinking yet again that Singer's folly blew up in EVERYONE'S face.

For example, the best person may get ruled out because he is gay thanks to Singer "gaying" up the Superman franchise and the fall out from that.

All Singer had to do was keep Superman and his world true to the characters and not try and enforce his personal take on them. Not to mention filling the screen with so much gay imagery and innuendo.

I'll bet all the beer in Darwin that there's probably some truth to Warners' mindset on the issue. Congrats again Bryan. You set your own cause back years. What a jackass. I only just read how Singer wants the next X Men film to be about even younger characters (boys). Stay away from the boys Bryan, it's not a good look whatever your sexual orientation.

Last edited by Father Finian on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Ah my mistake there. Reading some posts I see some are claiming cavill is gay. I doubt its true but who knows. For me I just have been out of the supes section of shh for a few months now with all the drama. So I haven't know what stuff been going omn in that area.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Ah my mistake there. Reading some posts I see some are claiming cavill is gay. I doubt its true but who knows. For me I just have been out of the supes section of shh for a few months now with all the drama. So I haven't know what stuff been going omn in that area.

Care to elaborate on why you "doubt its true"? Or just being contrary to be contrary as usual?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Father Finian wrote:I can't help thinking yet again that Singer's folly blew up in EVERYONE'S face.

For example, the best person may get ruled out because he is gay thanks to Singer "gaying" up the Superman franchise and the fall out from that.

All Singer had to do was keep Superman and his world true to the characters and not try and enforce his personal take on them. Not to mention filling the screen with so much gay imagery and innuendo.

I'll bet all the beer in Darwin that there's probably some truth to Warners' mindset on the issue. Congrats again Bryan. You set your own cause back years. What a jackass. I only just read how Singer wants the next X Men film to be about even younger characters (boys). Stay away from the boys Bryan, it's not a good look whatever your sexual orientation.

Pretty much.

And Bryan Singer has a "thing" for boys. Gotten him into trouble in the past:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,287669,00.html

According to St. Albin, a 17-year-old plaintiff named Ryan Glomboske, and Peter Gordon, the attorney for a third minor, 16-year-old David Stockdale, the boys — local high school athletes recruited by the production — were asked to bring bathrobes to the set to film a nightmare sequence in which shower stalls turn into gas chambers. While the parents of the minors sat in the gym, the extras — who ranged in age from adolescents to geriatrics — were led into a locker room and instructed to change into sheer peach-colored G-strings provided by the wardrobe department. ''Nobody really said anything, but we looked at each other. We were uncomfortable,'' says St. Albin. ''You could hear everyone saying 'What the heck is that?''' Glomboske remembers. ''People were nervous.''

According to St. Albin and Glomboske (who is joining his suit), the extras, wearing their robes over the G-strings, were ushered past the parents into the shower-room set, where they were told to take off their bathrobes. Then, say St. Albin and Glomboske, they were asked by assistant directors Fernando Altschul and Tom DeSantos to remove their G-strings.

A lawsuit was brought, but you know how it's done in HollyWeird. Pay some "hush money" and pretend like nothing happened.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Lovely stuff.....and no doubt Mr Singer learned from that lesson.......

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Ap I was just saying doubt it. Since the posters there didn't bring out any facts to prove there claim. Plus I never read anything online about cavill being gay or anything compared to boomer who is gay or other famous actors/singers who are gay.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:32 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Pretty much.

And Bryan Singer has a "thing" for boys. Gotten him into trouble in the past:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,287669,00.html
Holy shit! You hear innuendo and rumors and stuff but HOLY SHIT! If HALF of that was actually true, I'm sorry, but that's BULLSHIT!

A lawsuit was brought, but you know how it's done in HollyWeird. Pay some "hush money" and pretend like nothing happened.
That's probably EXACTLY what happened. The studio pays out so that the people responsible can go on about their business. It's a fucking disgrace...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Honestly, I believe it. After the stink Singer and BJ caused, and WB seeing reactions like OURS, don't expect a homosexual male to play Superman anytime soon.

Nothing wrong with being gay, but it's just not appropriate for a character like Superman.
There's no PC way to say what I'm about to say. But then, I've got no use for PC brainwashing and thought-control in the first place so there you go.

01- Whether or not Cavill is gay, what I object to is Superman being forced into homosexual themes. I don't care what anybody says, it simply. Doesn't. Work. Period.

02- That said, there are/were several homosexual cast and crew members involved with SV. Major creative forces in the show, in fact. So what's the difference between Singerman and SV? The "creative" personnel from Singerman were determined to force a certain type of ethic onto Superman that doesn't fit. By contrast, the SV people understood that they are retelling one of the great myths of all time and so they put aside their personal biases and agendas, and simply focused on making the show the best they possibly could.

03- True, not every single SV episode is a gem but when the series comes up short, it does so because of problems with the writing or the direction, not because of flaws on the conceptual level of who Superman is and what these stories are all about.

04- If this is the reason Cavill won't even be considered (and I could believe it), I'm starting to think that Joe Manganiello is a very realistic option now. No metrosexual bullshit there, plus the guy's engaged to a model.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 am

Father Finian wrote:Lovely stuff.....and no doubt Mr Singer learned from that lesson.......

Oh, you betcha!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Holy shit! You hear innuendo and rumors and stuff but HOLY SHIT! If HALF of that was actually true, I'm sorry, but that's BULLSHIT!

I heard about it when it happened. Some people just CAN'T separate their personal desires and their profession, especially in the entertainment industry.

It's carte blanche for them.

That's probably EXACTLY what happened. The studio pays out so that the people responsible can go on about their business. It's a fucking disgrace...

No doubt. But hey! HE WON AN OSCAR! Suspect
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:28 am

webhead2006 wrote:Ap I was just saying doubt it. Since the posters there didn't bring out any facts to prove there claim. Plus I never read anything online about cavill being gay or anything compared to boomer who is gay or other famous actors/singers who are gay.

Can you find rumors about Cavill dating this actress, or that female? Anything to give you cause to "doubt" it? I bet you CAN'T.

Oh, and FYI, Kevin Spacey has never "come out", but it's common-knowledge that he is gay.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 am

Well I did try a search on cavill dating history. Only things I did find were three things. No clue if true or false. But through google searchs the things a found where he dated some unnamed nz person, possibly was dating a fellow female cast member from his show during its 2nd season sarah something I believe name was, and the biggest loser host/trainer jillian m.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Well I did try a search on cavill dating history. Only things I did find were three things. No clue if true or false. But through google searchs the things a found where he dated some unnamed nz person, possibly was dating a fellow female cast member from his show during its 2nd season sarah something I believe name was, and the biggest loser host/trainer jillian m.

But no "hot gossip", huh? Nothing CONCRETE? Interesting....

Oh, and Jillian Michaels is VERY "butch", so that might explain why she was linked to him.

Superman Casting - Page 7 Biggest-loser2-jillian21
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Superman Casting - Page 7 Empty RE: Superman Casting

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:41 pm

In reference to Jillian Michaels, I recall reading somewhere, probably online, but don't remember where. For all I know I may have seen it on TV. Anyway, the point is, Jillian Michaels 'supposedly' stated that she'd NEVER have children because HEY! She DIDN'T want to mess up such a 'perfect body'. I mean, that diet would be blown forever! Of course when she's 70 years old she's gonna probably regret then being ALONE?! Sad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Well I did try a search on cavill dating history. Only things I did find were three things. No clue if true or false. But through google searchs the things a found where he dated some unnamed nz person, possibly was dating a fellow female cast member from his show during its 2nd season sarah something I believe name was, and the biggest loser host/trainer jillian m.

But no "hot gossip", huh? Nothing CONCRETE? Interesting....

Oh, and Jillian Michaels is VERY "butch", so that might explain why she was linked to him.

Superman Casting - Page 7 Biggest-loser2-jillian21
Why do I feel like Apologists would love a chick like that? Fucking hell...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:27 pm

The bare mid riff might put them off. What was the term? "Animalistic"?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Why do I feel like Apologists would love a chick like that? Fucking hell...

Because she looks VERY "manly", without that pesky problem of a pretty face to get in the way.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Why do I feel like Apologists would love a chick like that? Fucking hell...

Because she looks VERY "manly", without that pesky problem of a pretty face to get in the way.
Oh yes, of course. Hell, she's probably their choice for Wonder Woman.

Actually... how sure are we that she isn't a dude who's had some surgery?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Oh yes, of course. Hell, she's probably their choice for Wonder Woman.

Only if Wonder Woman looked like a horse-faced tranny...

Not sure AT ALL.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:43 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

"manly"? Shit, Brandon Ruth never looked that manly!

In fact, if anyone turned up on the Singerman set looking like that ("Real muscles? What are they? We sew them into the costumes here") they would've been shown the door!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

Not sure AT ALL.

Jillian Michaels??? Hmmmmm

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 am

Father Finian wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:

Not sure AT ALL.

Jillian Michaels??? Hmmmmm
Well, an optimistic person just might think "oh, that crazy AP, he just posted the worst pic of her that he could find just to build a strawman argument."

But then again...

Superman Casting - Page 7 Alg_jillian_michaels

Superman Casting - Page 7 Jillian-michaels-diet-logo

Superman Casting - Page 7 Jillian-michaels

Superman Casting - Page 7 Jillian-michaels-losing-it

And so on. So what have we learned? AP actually found the most feminine picture out there and posted that.

Y'know, it's funny. SSS once jokingly asked "has [BJ] ever taken a manly-looking picture?". Checking these Jillian Michaels results, I have to ask if she's ever taken a picture looking feminine.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:04 am

Jesus.....buy this electric toothbrush or I'll punch your head in!

She's more even more butch than "Aunty Jack"!!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Well, an optimistic person just might think "oh, that crazy AP, he just posted the worst pic of her that he could find just to build a strawman argument."

But then again...

Superman Casting - Page 7 Alg_jillian_michaels

Superman Casting - Page 7 Jillian-michaels-diet-logo

Superman Casting - Page 7 Jillian-michaels

Superman Casting - Page 7 Jillian-michaels-losing-it

Yikes. Someone bust out the hay and sugar cubes!

Y'know, it's funny. SSS once jokingly asked "has [BJ] ever taken a manly-looking picture?". Checking these Jillian Michaels results, I have to ask if she's ever taken a picture looking feminine.

HELL NO and NO.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next