Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'X-men: Days Of Future Past' News and Rumors thread

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

'X-men: Days Of Future Past' News and Rumors thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 'X-men: Days Of Future Past' News and Rumors thread

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Haven't seen it. Probably won't until my toe rents it....
You'll want to keep your expectations in check. Even by Singer's standards.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

'X-men: Days Of Future Past' News and Rumors thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 'X-men: Days Of Future Past' News and Rumors thread

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:10 am

thecolorsblend wrote:You'll want to keep your expectations in check. Even by Singer's standards.

Trust me, I couldn't lower my expectations much more than they already are. It could be the greatest movie ever, and I'll still only focus on the plot-holes and inconsistencies.

Singer deserves nothing more from me.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:31 pm

Saw this recently. Pretty much what I expected.

First off, how many times did we have to see "Blink" and tomahwak dude, who doesn't appear to have ANY mutant abilities, fight the Sentinels? The teleportation "holes" were cool the first time, but by the THIRD it was overkill. Seriously, those two were involved in most of the action sequences.

Secondly, the writers weren't very fond of the Mystique character's brain-pan, were they? She's a FUCKING SHAPE SHIFTER. If she wanted to kill Trask, why didn't she pretend to be his assistant, walk into his office when he's alone, fucking kill him and frame the assistant? ESPECIALLY after Magneto and Xavier TOLD HER killing him would fuck them ALL over? Did she want to kill him for what he did to mutants, or kill him so the world knew it was a mutant? Because she was an idiot either way.

Not So Original "Bulk" was exactly what I expected, down to the "attempt at suppressing rage fails" copycat. I mean, how fucking unoriginal can you be? I said it in the other thread, but BS watched 'The Avengers', saw the reception Hulk got, and said "Do that". Asshole.

I'll admit the "QuicksilverClothes" bit was funny, if very 'Smallville-ish'. Probably the only part I actually can say I enjoyed.  But, what if Xavier or Magneto jerked their heads to the wrong side?

All-in-all, I'm glad I didn't supports a rapists film at the theater. Or at all, actually. It wouldn't have cracked the Top 10 movies I've seen this year so far, and I saw two movies that were a combined 100 years old. That I've also seen countless times each.

Oh, and what was up with Wolverine's reaction to Storm in the "new" timeline? As far as HE knew, she was alive and well in the future. She died AFTER Ellen "Seven Head" Page sent him back.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The midget dude who plays the baddie in the film... can't remember if I said so before but it was actually kinda cool to see a midget play a serious character. Don't want to sound like Mr. PC or anything but they're often used to comedic effect in media. This is a real and serious performance by an actor who happens to be a midget. And the audience I saw the movie with mostly bought it. They didn't laugh at that guy.

Anyway. It doesn't amount to much either way but it's probably the one classy decision Singer made in the entire film.

Dude. You need to watch 'Game of Thrones'. You'll see why the "midget dude" is NEVER laughed at.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:12 am

Oh, and just like with Singerman Peeps, 'DoFP' had a plot VERY similar to one of the previous films:

The very first 'X-Men' movie.

A small group of the "X-Men" have to try and stop another mutant from going after a politician/politically-connected individual. In the first film it was Senator Kelly, then all the world leaders. 'DoFP' was Bolivar Trask, then the President of the United States. Every other tacked on plot point doesn't discount the fact that if you boil 'DoFP' down, THAT is what the film is about.

Just like Singer did with Singerman....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:14 am

Well, I'll say this much... at least Singer was smart enough to steal ideas for a GOOD movie when he made Singerman. Yeah, Singerman sucked, no two ways about it... but the source material for it is pretty solid.

The first X-Men movie? I never saw what the hype was all about. It's decent but mostly I don't get into it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:57 pm

I just love seeing some idiots creaming their pants over this movie. BS is so full of himself that he felt HE had to "fix" X-3, a film he had a hand in the story told, but didn't feel he had to "fix" the shitty leather get-up he stuck the characters in? Marvel has shit ALL OVER BS' stupid "yellow spandex" line from the first film, but the Boy Rapist will NEVER admit he's wrong.

Boy, can't wait for Wolverine, Prof. X and Magneto Part 6.......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:00 am

I'm definitely not condoning Bryan Singerman's actions by any means. With that being said though, I actually enjoyed DOFP as well as FIRST CLASS.

Like I've said before, growing up I was never really an X-Men fan even of the comics even though I did read some stories here & there. I just didn't get what all the fuss was back then with mutants. I mean, a team to me was the likes of JLA, F4 & Avengers. Heroes were the likes of Superman, Batman, Spiderman & Hulk. And also interestingly was that while I preferred JLA & Avengers, my brother's crowd seemed to prefer X-Men & Teen Titans. Musically I preferred the likes of KISS, Queen & Aerosmith. My brother's crowd preferred Boston, Styx & Foreigner.

But is anyone really wrong? Those latter groups were good too, just not my faves. And vice versa. And with the comics I guess it was a matter of taste also. Still didn't get mutants but whatever.

Nevertheless I first saw the films on DVD & liked them anyway. Didn't have a clue at first who Bryan Singerman was. But let me stress, one reason I probably did enjoy them was because I really didn't have a great knowledge of the mythos so I just enjoyed them at face value so to speak. Still do I guess & since I'm not an apologist I don't apologize for that.

And I guess one thing that got me with the first film is that people used to think it'd be impossible to have a superhero team-up film. The cost would be astronomical! I even remember people claiming after the X-films that something like JLA would have a budget of $750,000,000.00! Uh, no. And if anything it proved to me that it could be done.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:21 am

That was Hilarious with a capital H! Hadn't even thought of that T-2 connection. And I didn't know Ultron was in it either LOL. Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3