Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars angst

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Star Wars angst - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars angst

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Here's something good to add here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54603

Lucas On STAR WARS VII, VIII, And IX: 'Never!'
Published at: Mar 29, 2012 3:22:14 PM CDT

Merrick here...

With so much recent activity on the STAR WARS front...the release of Episodes I-VI on Blu-ray late last year, the ongoing STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series on Cartoon Network, the upcoming issuance of KINECT STAR WARS for XBOX 360, and persistent chatter about the looming STAR WARS: UNDERWORLD live action television series...it's hard to wrap one's brain around the possibility of never again seeing fresh STAR WARS movies on the big screen.

Nonetheless, George Lucas seems to be sticking to his recently stated intent to more or less step aside from big-project filmmaking (not sure how the exceedingly complex UNDERWORLD doesn't qualify, but whatever) - a notion newly validated by the TMZ embed below.

A cameraman asks Lucas when we'd see the legendary STAR WARS VII, VIII, and IX... rumored to return some of the original trilogy's cast for adventures set far after RETURN OF THE JEDI. Lucas' answer was quite concise: "never."

See for yourself...

*VIDEO AT LINK*

Does he mean it? If Lucas is calling himself "retired," how does this impact a possible INDIANA JONES 5 - which as recently as February he'd said he needed to start working on? My suspicion is that Lucas will never be able to fully divorce himself from creative enterprises , and may (** at most **) merely step back to take more of a supervisory capacity on future endeavors. Whether this means he'll never, evvvvveeerrr let ANYONE make more STAR WARS movies but him? That certainly looks to be the case. Although, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if some other film set in the STAR WARS universe came down the pipeline at some point. Whether our of irresistibility, or necessity.

More as we know more.

I guarantee when he kicks, his kids will give the go-ahead for sequels.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 pm

With absolutely no due respect to AICN, um, this isn't exactly breaking news. If this is the shit they're posting regularly nowadays... man, that site has fallen even further than I thought.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:08 am

Personally for me it would have been cool if we did see those films and not have done the prequels. That probably would have turned out better then how the prequels did to the fandom. As for it never happening its no big lose to me something i would like to see. But ya we probably would see it some day a long time from now. I actually like to see the live action show happen. I never got into the clone wars too. Wanted to just never got around to seeing it and since it into what 3rd/4rd season. I would have to find the time to catch up on the whole series/the movie they had on it. I hope to some day. So i can see more star wars.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2