Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadman Tv Series In the Works!!

3 posters

Go down

Deadman Tv Series In the Works!! Empty Deadman Tv Series In the Works!!

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Looks like we have our next potential DC series from the CW:
http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/cw-developing-series-adaptation-of-comic-deadman-with-supernatural-creator/
CW Developing Series Adaptation Of Comic ‘Deadman’ With ‘Supernatural’ Creator
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday August 25, 2011 @ 6:31pm PDT
Tags: CW, DC Comics, Deadman, Eric Kripke, Supernatural

Comments (5) EXCLUSIVE: With Smallville ending its 10-season run this past May, the CW has made launching a new superhero franchise based on a DC property a priority. The network’s first effort this development season is Deadman, a drama based on the DC Comics books by Arnold Drake and Carmine Infantino, which will be written and executive produced by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke. The project is about the spirit of a murdered man, Boston Brand, who lives on as he inhabits other people’s bodies and helps them solve crises in their own lives. It is produced by Warner Bros. TV, which handles the mining of the DC catalog for TV series.

“We’re looking next year to do a superhero show if the right superhero comes to be,” CW president Mark Pedowitz said at TCA last month, noting the advantage of having Time Warner-owned DC Comics in the family. (CW is a joint venture of Warner Bros. Entertainment and CBS). Getting Kripke to develop Deadman seems like a no-brainer as he is the man behind CW’s longest running scripted series on the air. Sci-fi drama Supernatural enters its seventh season this fall and Pedowitz recently indicated that it is not intended to be the show’s last. While no longer a hands-on showrunner (Supernatural is co-run by Sera Gamble and Robert Singer), Kripke continues to serve as an executive producer.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Deadman Tv Series In the Works!! Empty Re: Deadman Tv Series In the Works!!

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Not sure if I'll watch, but it does sound like the perfect show to crossover with 'Supernatural'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:25 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Not sure if I'll watch, but it does sound like the perfect show to crossover with 'Supernatural'.

And by Eric Kripke! I wonder though. If this show is made & joins up with SUPERNATURAL, do you suppose they'll really cross-over? I was let down by the 'never-happened-but-rumored' event with SMALLVILLE. That should've happened! I mean, both shows were based out of Kansas & on the same network. I'm pretty sure I even heard 'Lawrence, Kansas' mentioned on ONE TREE HILL one time but Sam & Dean weren't mentioned. Anyway, maybe 'Deadman' will happen?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 am

non_amos wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Not sure if I'll watch, but it does sound like the perfect show to crossover with 'Supernatural'.

And by Eric Kripke! I wonder though. If this show is made & joins up with SUPERNATURAL, do you suppose they'll really cross-over? I was let down by the 'never-happened-but-rumored' event with SMALLVILLE. That should've happened! I mean, both shows were based out of Kansas & on the same network. I'm pretty sure I even heard 'Lawrence, Kansas' mentioned on ONE TREE HILL one time but Sam & Dean weren't mentioned. Anyway, maybe 'Deadman' will happen?

Would be neat if they did cross over. But probably wouldnt. Though kripke is a perfect producer/showrunner for this character in my book. If it makes it to series, and if supernatural gets a 8th season. Would be perfect to pair them together on friday's. If not probably would end up paired with Vampire dairies if that gets another season next yr.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down