Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand'

3 posters

Go down

Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand' Empty Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand'

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Aint It Someone Else's News

I really, really dig this book, but I think it would work better as an HBO or Starz "maxi-series" rather than films. There is a LOT of heavy shit that happens, and 2-3 POSSIBLE films just isn't enough.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand' Empty Re: Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand'

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:58 pm

What I know of the story told me that the TV miniseries from the 90's was the better play. Not everything needs to be a big screen film...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand' Empty Re: Steve Kloves & David Yates To Write Big-Screen Adaption Of 'The Stand'

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 am

thecolorsblend wrote:What I know of the story told me that the TV miniseries from the 90's was the better play. Not everything needs to be a big screen film...

Crack the book open one of these days. It's worth it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:What I know of the story told me that the TV miniseries from the 90's was the better play. Not everything needs to be a big screen film...

Crack the book open one of these days. It's worth it.

As usual, I've never read the book but I have the DVD in more than one collection & I simply love the DVD! I've watched it more than once in recent memory. I was about to watch it again a while back but got side-tracked. Actually I have a number of Stephen King's films on DVD and/or VHS, including several of the mini-series. Is the TV mini-series pretty close to the book?

As for the big screen treatment for THE STAND, I can see it working if they give it the HARRY POTTER or THE LORD OF THE RINGS treatment. LOTR may be a better illustration since it's a trilogy. Film all 3 Stand films at the same time & then release them 6 months to a year apart or whatever, but no longer apart than this, because they'd need to keep the ball rolling on this thing. Release them 3 years apart like the typical superhero film & it probably wouldn't work. I can also see a big budget actually helping this story because, even as much as I love the series, it does have it's slow-moving parts. M-O-O-N, that spells parts! Wink

I'd have to find the links again but I've read articles over at www.shocktillyoudrop.com where Stephen King was asked how he felt about them doing a remake of his work for the theater. He basically stated that YOU CAN'T DO IT IN A 2-HR. MOVIE! I wondered if they'd simply 'leave out' a lot of the more mundane stuff but then I began to read articles like the one posted here, about stretching it out over 3 films.

And I've just got to do this! Not only did Anthax record a song about JUDGE DREDD (see other forum) but they also recorded one about, believe it or not, THE STAND! It's called AMONG THE LIVING:

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down