Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warner Bros. moves Superman to 2013

+3
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
superman1938
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warner Bros. moves Superman to 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Warner Bros. moves Superman to 2013

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:06 am

Ya cavill looks great, he is a far better actor then br. As for suit can't wait to see it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. moves Superman to 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: Warner Bros. moves Superman to 2013

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:44 am

non_amos wrote:Since it's not Youtube I don't know how to embed it properly.
I only glanced at the page but I don't think there is an easy way to embed the video.

I get the impression we don't have to worry about Cavill. Or the suit!
Not to rain on your parade but as far as The Suit is concerned, I'm not sure what about that video gives you such confidence.

If you'd asked me before Comicon, I'd have told you that it would be the logical place to debut pics of The Suit. Since that didn't happen, I officially have no freakin idea when it will.

So much for seeing The Suit well ahead of production...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 am

Ya comic con would have been great spot to release a still of the suit. But if shooting doesn't start for another week or two. And if suit filming doesn't happen for another few weeks after plano stuff. There is time for a still be be release via the studio online or ew or some other magazine.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

Not to rain on your parade but as far as The Suit is concerned, I'm not sure what about that video gives you such confidence.

It's the 2nd video, the one where he looks like he's with Kumar. Eunuch was 'kind' enough to point out that the comments about the suit are at the end of the video. Actually that's the only part of that video that I've watched yet. When asked about the suit, Cavill plays a little coy but then says, "It's fantastic!" This starts just prior to the 9-minute mark. That's what gave me that impression. Also, since Cavill is actually trying to read any past Superman comics that he can get his hands on, I'm confident that he's intelligent enough to discern between that & the upcoming garbage that DC will shortly be producing. 'Fantastic' to me signifies that it looks like Superman, classic. I'm not expecting any 'Nic Cage' suits or anything like that. I'd also like to believe that WB learned their lesson from Singerman. That last one, however, I don't have utmost confidence in though.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:55 am

non_amos wrote:It's the 2nd video, the one where he looks like he's with Kumar. Eunuch was 'kind' enough to point out that the comments about the suit are at the end of the video. Actually that's the only part of that video that I've watched yet. When asked about the suit, Cavill plays a little coy but then says, "It's fantastic!" This starts just prior to the 9-minute mark. That's what gave me that impression. Also, since Cavill is actually trying to read any past Superman comics that he can get his hands on, I'm confident that he's intelligent enough to discern between that & the upcoming garbage that DC will shortly be producing. 'Fantastic' to me signifies that it looks like Superman, classic. I'm not expecting any 'Nic Cage' suits or anything like that. I'd also like to believe that WB learned their lesson from Singerman. That last one, however, I don't have utmost confidence in though.
I don't see the spit curl as a non-negotiable. At the end of the day, an actor who's otherwise good in the role may not have the right kind of hair for that (John Haymes-Newton, for example).

Because of the fact that The Suit is the easiest thing to get wrong (even though it shouldn't be), I'm not prepared to be too optimistic just yet. But then again... Cavill auditioned in a Reeve replica outfit. It could've been anything; a redesigned outfit, a thrown together "suit" of a plain blue shirt with a towel around his neck, regular clothes, etc. Someone had to make that decision and I just have to cross my fingers.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2