Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teaser Trailer Thread

+2
non_amos
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Teaser Trailer Thread Empty Teaser Trailer Thread

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am

Don't know how long this will be up:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Teaser Trailer Thread Empty Re: Teaser Trailer Thread

Post  non_amos Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 pm

I watched that but could hardly understand what they were saying. However, looks like we're in for a real treat doesn't it?! Did you see Ray Mysterio.....er, I mean, 'Bane'?! Wasn't he friggin' HUMONGOUS?! Rolling Eyes

Ya know, Nolan may think that Bane in the comics ain't realistic. I mean, a guy who's a SOUPED-UP STERIOD FREAK?! How could there possible be such a thing?!

So Batman gets his back broken by Ray Mysterio after all huh?! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

EDIT TO ADD:

"The Dark Knigh..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc..
Sorry about that.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 pm

I found a webpage on Comicbookmovie.com that has a leak video of the trailer the quality however is abit low! For those who have missed it I got you covered but you'll have to access this link by clicking on it in order to see it... http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=41641

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 pm

non_amos wrote:I watched that but could hardly understand what they were saying. However, looks like we're in for a real treat doesn't it?! Did you see Ray Mysterio.....er, I mean, 'Bane'?! Wasn't he friggin' HUMONGOUS?! Rolling Eyes

I like they used an extreme camera angle to make Hardy look somehow taller than Bale.

Nope, wasn't obvious AT ALL.....

EDIT TO ADD:

"The Dark Knigh..."
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc..
Sorry about that.

You are correct, sir.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 pm

I realize that the entire point of a teaser is to tease... but this trailer was partly stuff we've already seen, a dude laying in around yammering and a quick shot of a Batman vs. sub-5'10" Bane. It failed to accomplish what any teaser is supposed to accomplish in building anticipation. All it did was convince me that the skepticism some of us have about this franchise is even more justified than I thought.

EDIT- I should add that since production only started, what, a month ago that maybe this teaser is coming a little too soon.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 am

What, no Adam West cameo?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Father Finian wrote:What, no Adam West cameo?

Not yet.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:55 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:All it did was convince me that the skepticism some of us have about this franchise is even more justified than I thought.

Yes, it's clear they're not pitching it to the "Green Lantern" audience......

Sorry mate, couldn't help it!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:48 am

Father Finian wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:All it did was convince me that the skepticism some of us have about this franchise is even more justified than I thought.

Yes, it's clear they're not pitching it to the "Green Lantern" audience......

Sorry mate, couldn't help it!

Teaser Trailer Thread I_like_that_ZING
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:08 am

LOL, Thanks

They reckon an official HD version should surface over the next few days

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:54 am

Saw the midnight premiere of HP 7.2. It's not like the teaser improves all that much in the upgraded audio and video quality. The dude in bed rasping into a breather is Gordon. I get the impression Bruce is in the same room with him. I forget the exact dialogue but it seemed to indicate Gordon now knows Bruce's true identity.

The last shot of Batman vs. "Bane" has "Bane" fairly close to the camera (as AP predicted) and Batman looking wearied and staggered just a bit.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Saw the midnight premiere of HP 7.2. It's not like the teaser improves all that much in the upgraded audio and video quality. The dude in bed rasping into a breather is Gordon. I get the impression Bruce is in the same room with him. I forget the exact dialogue but it seemed to indicate Gordon now knows Bruce's true identity.

The last shot of Batman vs. "Bane" has "Bane" fairly close to the camera (as AP predicted) and Batman looking wearied and staggered just a bit.

On another forum, I forget which one exactly but one of the comments sections of one of those links that has been posted and/or connected with this, one of their readers said that looked like CATWOMAN in that final scene. The thing is, when I looked at it again, it looked like Catwoman to me too! Could it have been Catwoman & due to the crap video we just thought it was Batman?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:39 am

It looked nothing like Catwoman in the teaser I saw. It was pretty clearly Batman. I don't see how I could possibly be mistaken about this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:10 pm

I've only seen the leaked version so maybe you're right, I don't know. It was so blurred & so fast that it's hard to tell online but I could see what they were saying. Shouldn't the official version be online any time now?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm

non_amos wrote:I've only seen the leaked version so maybe you're right, I don't know. It was so blurred & so fast that it's hard to tell online but I could see what they were saying. Shouldn't the official version be online any time now?
I'd expect it to be online (officially or otherwise) in pretty short order.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Saw the midnight premiere of HP 7.2. It's not like the teaser improves all that much in the upgraded audio and video quality. The dude in bed rasping into a breather is Gordon. I get the impression Bruce is in the same room with him. I forget the exact dialogue but it seemed to indicate Gordon now knows Bruce's true identity.

Nope. Remember in 'Batman Begins' when Bruce first "recruits" Gordon? How he never saw his face and only heard his voice? Same thing again.

He wasn't Batman then, and isn't Batman when Gordon is in the hospital. Count on it.

Hey, I am who I am....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 pm

A better quality version has been officially released. No cam stuff. I'd embed the video here but cannot find the code to do so. Anyhow, you can view it at-

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2054374751994

I've seen some people absolutely spraying their shorts over this teaser. I've long accepted that there's a target demographic for these Nolan Batman films and I'm simply not on it. But even on that basis, I just don't see what everyone else is seeing here. "Epic", "awesome", "amazing". Really? I thought more like "boring", "talky" and "premature". But there's no accounting for taste, I guess.

Anyway, the final shot is, again, CLEARLY "Bane" vs. Batman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:A better quality version has been officially released. No cam stuff. I'd embed the video here but cannot find the code to do so. Anyhow, you can view it at-

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2054374751994

I've seen some people absolutely spraying their shorts over this teaser. I've long accepted that there's a target demographic for these Nolan Batman films and I'm simply not on it. But even on that basis, I just don't see what everyone else is seeing here. "Epic", "awesome", "amazing". Really? I thought more like "boring", "talky" and "premature". But there's no accounting for taste, I guess.

Anyway, the final shot is, again, CLEARLY "Bane" vs. Batman.

Yeah, you're right. It is Batman. The problem is, that just as well not be Bane. No size at all! Thank you Nolan! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 pm

In some ways, I can appreciate that Bane is a pain in the ass to cast. I totally understand. Finding a huge dude who can act and is right for the part is a tall order. But you will NEVER convince me that Tom Hardy was the guy for the part.

Once again, Nolan's Euro-centric (or generally non-American) casting comes at the expense of what's appropriate for the character. Liam Neeson and the Scarecrow guy (his name escapes me) are previous offenders. Ra's al-Ghul is either Asian or Arab depending on who's drawing. I can fairly say it never occurred to me to cast an Irish giant in the role, but that could be because I've actually read the fucking comics, I dunno.

As for Scarecrow, Crane is supposed to be a fugly dude who amounted to little or nothing in life and gets his jollies by freaking out the same kind of people who made his life miserable when he was a kid, refused dates with him, etc. He's got the mother of all inferiority complexes. He's not the bright, good looking, accomplished young administrator with a solid future ahead of him that we saw in BB.

Yeah, for a part like Bane, you just might have to go outside traditional casting circles. So either do that or else use a different fucking character, it's not that hard!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Here's a YouTube version.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Well its nice to see a hq verison of the teaser.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Changed the thread title.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:

In some ways, I can appreciate that Bane is a pain in the ass to cast. I totally understand. Finding a huge dude who can act and is right for the part is a tall order. But you will NEVER convince me that Tom Hardy was the guy for the part.

And:

Yeah, for a part like Bane, you just might have to go outside traditional casting circles. So either do that or else use a different fucking character, it's not that hard!

Some observations here. In the debacle known as BATMAN AND ROBIN, they got this big 400-lb. wrestler/bodybuilder named 'Jeep' Swenson to play Bane. Yeah, maybe the guy couldn't act all that well but physically at least he was imposing. Tom Hardy is not, even if he has 'bulked up' to a whopping 200 POUNDS! But Hardy can act, so go figure. But do you see the problem here? The other dude was twice his size! Even though he couldn't act. So 'B&R' may have been a sham but at least they were trying to get the look right! And this Swenson guy died years ago at the age of 40! I could google it I suppose but just going on memory, apparently he died due to 'performance enhancing agents'. Or the side effects from using them. the point is, it killed him dead! Chances are the dude would've never been 400 lbs. if he'd been 'natural'. Ironically I knew a guy who died nearly 2 years ago whom I went to high school with. After high school he became a power lifter, bulked up to around 400 lbs. & was reputed to bench press over 600 lbs.! Yet he died at the age of 44! Allegedly from an 'enlarged heart', which I almost believe was the case with Swenson. But you & I know this comes from steriod use. Duh!

Now, since we're dealing with NOLAN, he's got to have 'top-notch' actors, preferably 'repeats' from his previous films, hence Tom Hardy. But what is Nolan thinking?! Did he not at least 'research' the source material?! Sure, get someone who can act but try to get the look right too! I know a lot of people don't want pro wrestlers in these roles because they feel like they can't act, but ain't they already acting? But yeah, some of them don't seem too bright to do a 'Nolan film', but suppose they'd hired 'The Rock' Duane Johnson? He's already a big guy & has proven he can act, even in action films, so why not?! And think about this. He could probably have bulked up even more if they wanted Bane to look really huge. What about Hardy? In all likelihood, no. His 'Bane' will probably look like a joke! Johnson would've been a better choice. Even Michael Clark Duncan would've been physically imposing for the role. I'm sure there's other guys too if I can think of some.

Now, duh apologists! Expect them left & right to approve of Nolan's reasoning, even after the new film is released! I can hear it now! Something like:
"Sure, Nolan's Bane isn't big but at least he gets the 'essence' of the character. Tom Hardy also plays the part perfectly & really gets inside Bane's psyche. And just because Bane is big in the comics, does that mean he should be in TDKR? The acting & character development is more important & besides, who wants a WWE wrestler playing the part?"
Now that's a made-up quote but you get the point? Only chances are it'd be filled with typos & general misspelling & punctuation errors. But duh apologists will feel like Nolan has hit a 'home run' with this!

Last but not least, as to your suggestion to use a different character, personally that's what they should've done! Since this is the last film in Nolan's trilogy, they should've brought out the 'big guns'. Namely RIDDLER & PENGUIN! CATWOMAN too maybe but definitely the other two! And I personally feel like Nolan made a mistake in killing off TWO-FACE! In TDK, Harvey Dent didn't become Two-Face until like, the 3rd act, right? Then Nolan kills him off! Stupidity at its' finest! So just what am I suggesting exactly? I'd have continued 'Batman on the run' like TDK ended but..........in his absence, the real evil that arose in Gotham would've been the likes of the characters I suggested. Not 'campy' like the Adam West TV show but rather like the comics. Maybe the JOKER could've been 'insinuated' to have been locked up in Arkham Asylum, thus not having to 'recast'. But the 'big guns' could've come out in Batman's absence & tried to take over Gotham. Ya know what, this plot idea may have even been a way for Batman to have regained the public's trust. Maybe the truth would've come out about Dent but since Batman could've put the others out of commission, then the public may have seen who the real villains were!

Final analysis without first seeing the film? I think Nolan is using the wrong villains, except for maybe Catwoman, & I think he's using the wrong storyline. Oh sure, he's coming 'full circle' all the way back to BATMAN BEGINS, so we get a real treat & get to see 'the League of Shadows' again! Probably headed by THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE! And in the last film we got the Joker, or at least what was supposed to be the Joker, but it certainly beats using a character that to Joe Public will be a 'NO-NAME!

Nolan, think you're gonna gross a cool billion this time? Think again! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 am

non_amos wrote:Some observations here. In the debacle known as BATMAN AND ROBIN, they got this big 400-lb. wrestler/bodybuilder named 'Jeep' Swenson to play Bane. Yeah, maybe the guy couldn't act all that well but physically at least he was imposing.
My only real beef with that version is how he was used. The grunting and all that. If he'd been played as a silent, pit bull type of character... well, even that wouldn't be comics-accurate but it's at least a step in the right direction.

People can poke fun at Swenson all they like but (A) he looked the part and (B) he was convincing enough in what he was given, both in voice and body.

non_amos wrote:Tom Hardy is not,
Someone, buy this man a beer!

non_amos wrote:even if he has 'bulked up' to a whopping 200 POUNDS!
People seem SO freaking impressed by that. If I'm not much mistaken, his basic weight is about the same as Bale's but Bale has him in height by at least four or five inches. Maybe more. How the hell could that ever sound right to ANYBODY?!?!

non_amos wrote:But Hardy can act, so go figure.
I'll give him that.

non_amos wrote:But do you see the problem here?
Trust me man, it was *NEVER* a mystery. I believe you and I were on the same page about this from day one. I can't specifically remember if Puncher or Finian ever chimed in but I tend to think they can at least see our argument here.

non_amos wrote:So 'B&R' may have been a sham
And it was most certainly that. But can I tell you something? B&R is a smirch on Batman's legacy. Yeah, it's nowhere near what it should've been but, push comes to shove, Batman fans got over it easily enough.

Singerman? Dude, I'm NEVER getting over that. WB could release nothing but kickass Superman films from now to Armageddon and I'll always hate them for foisting Singerman on me after a nearly twenty year wait. B&R? Small potatoes in the big scheme of things. Singerman? Unforgivable.

non_amos wrote:But what is Nolan thinking?! Did he not at least 'research' the source material?!
Part of me wonders that Goyer or his brother desperately wanted Bane in the movie so Nolan went with it. But whatever. He's the director, he has final say, he's the one who's going to be held responsible. Hardy as Bane is a retarded fucking idea, period, end of story.

Now. Lest I be accused of a double standard here, let's deal with something right now. When it comes to Batman in live action, for me all roads lead back to Michael Keaton. Other actors may be interesting in their own way but Keaton set the standard for me. He's about 5'10 or 5'11 and doesn't have the same heroic chin that Batman had in the comics for decades.

The difference though is that (A) Keaton brought his A-game in both of Burton's wonderful films and (B) he was in decent enough shape that you could buy him as Batman, esp as it's not like he had tons of gratuitous shirtless scenes. On top of all that, I'd argue that Batman is defined by his motivations primarily and by his physical appearances secondarily (if even that high).

Bane? Different story. He's a BRUTE. He's cunning, intelligent, a smart tactician and HE'S FUCKING MASSIVE. *THOSE* are his defining traits; anything else you care to impose upon the character is but a footnote.

non_amos wrote:I know a lot of people don't want pro wrestlers in these roles because they feel like they can't act, but ain't they already acting? But yeah, some of them don't seem too bright to do a 'Nolan film', but suppose they'd hired 'The Rock' Duane Johnson? He's already a big guy & has proven he can act, even in action films, so why not?! And think about this. He could probably have bulked up even more if they wanted Bane to look really huge. What about Hardy? In all likelihood, no. His 'Bane' will probably look like a joke! Johnson would've been a better choice.
If they *HAD* to cast Hardy as a heavy, why not invent a new character? Or hell, cast him as Philo Zeiss, there's an idea. Zeiss is a skilled marksman, one hell of a physical combatant (he could go toe-to-toe and trade punches with Batman, if he had to) and, body-wise, could probably match up closely enough with Hardy to get by. Zeiss' gimmicks of super-fast reflexes and the goggles could easily work well enough in Nolan's world of realism while still having a sci-fi edge to them. Plus, it sounds like Bane will be hired by someone to take care of Batman... which is hardly Bane's shtick in the comics... but it sure as fuck is right up Zeiss' alley.

Hardy should be playing Zeiss.

non_amos wrote:Now, duh apologists! Expect them left & right to approve of Nolan's reasoning,
"Expect them to"? Dude, most of them ALREADY DO.

Hypothetical Apologist derp wrote:"Sure, Nolan's Bane isn't big but at least he gets the 'essence' of the character. Tom Hardy also plays the part perfectly & really gets inside Bane's psyche. And just because Bane is big in the comics, does that mean he should be in TDKR? The acting & character development is more important & besides, who wants a WWE wrestler playing the part?"
non_amos wrote:Now that's a made-up quote but you get the point?
Absolutely. But consider the (hypothetical) source here. Anybody who'd accepted Blandon The Bartender in a pleather cape as Superman can't realistically be expected to see a problem with casting Hardy as Bane.

non_amos wrote:Final analysis without first seeing the film? I think Nolan is using the wrong villains, except for maybe Catwoman,
He may be right to use Catwoman but I'm a *LONG* way from being sold on Hathaway in the role. Guess we'll see but I'm not convinced yet.

non_amos wrote:Nolan, think you're gonna gross a cool billion this time? Think again! Mad
TDK was lightning in a bottle. You'll never be able to repeat that kind of performance. It was the perfect storm of a lot of factors that aren't easily replicated or repeated. I'm sure TDKR* will do good business (Batman's too big right now for any other outcome unless the movie is pure shit) but anybody who thinks it'll even TOUCH the last movie's numbers is dreaming.

* sigh There was a time when "TDKR" stood for "The Dark Knight Returns". But more and more, it'll come to mean "The Dark Knight Rises". And once the movie comes out, the acronym will likely be permanently changed as far as most people are concerned. sigh...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am

Guys, in none of the films are you going to find literal interpretations of a comic book. What may work in a comic doesn't always translate to the moving image on a big screen, or the narrative structure of what needs to be a crowd pleasing movie.

I can't see how one can criticize the Nolanverse for it's "liberties" when the Burtonverse, Donner, Smallville, etc, etc all have their own unique variations on the already many various comic interpretations. But you're willing to keep an open mind about the redesign comic Superman because of the people involved?? Like Nolan hasn't found success getting DC characters to resonate with the ticket buying public in critically applauded movies. WTF more do you want to qualify as a "pass"????

That's what we call down here "rusted on". I'd have thought that a defender of "Green Lantern" could buy into just about anything.... Very Happy

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next