Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel'

4 posters

Go down

Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Empty Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel'

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:49 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/cigarettebreathmoviehater/news/?a=35150

Sean Penn Opted Out of The Man of Steel
Deadline reports that Sean Penn is in talks to join a war thriller produced by Zack Snyder. The article also mentions Penn turned down a role in Warner Brothers upcoming Superman film...

That's right, who knows if it was Zod or a yet to be announced role, but Sean Penn turned down a spot in Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman film The Man of Steel. Warner Brothers has been looking to put Penn into a major film and this news arrives with the announcement that Penn is circling a role in WB’s The Last Photograph. The Last Photograph is an Afghanistan war kidnap thriller and has been a long running side project of none other than Zack Snyder. The Last Photograph already has one member cast in the starring role, another tie-in, none other than the Dark Knight himself, Christian Bale. Unfortunate that Sean Penn (and fans) missed out on a role in the Man of Steel, perhaps Kevin Costner or Michael Shannon or Lindsay Lohan have taken his place.

Here's the report from Deadline on Penn circling The Last Photograph:
"Penn had been courted by Warner Bros for both the Superman pic Man of Steel and the Ruben Fleischer-directed Gangster Squad. He has turned down both films, I'm told."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Empty Re: Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel'

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 am

Best news I've heard all day! I hate the prick. Thanks for posting, AP!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Empty Re: Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel'

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:11 pm

Didn't even hear this rumor at all. If he was looked at probably was jorel as the latino review rumor was going at day lewis for jorel. But oh well lol.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Empty RE: Sean Penn "Opted Out" of 'Man Of Steel'

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Whew! Good! That's all we'd need is SPICCOLI as Jor-El. "AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!" But if you ask me, I sense a 'detest' for the Superman character on Penn's part, without really having any proof to go on. Call it a hunch, but just like you've heard actors like Josh Hartnett basically ridicule the character at one time or another, & even directors like Robert Zemeckis, I 'sense' this same 'vibe' just from what I read about Penn. I wouldn't be surprised if my 'gut instinct' is correct here either.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm

non_amos wrote:Whew! Good! That's all we'd need is SPICCOLI as Jor-El. "AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!" But if you ask me, I sense a 'detest' for the Superman character on Penn's part, without really having any proof to go on. Call it a hunch, but just like you've heard actors like Josh Hartnett basically ridicule the character at one time or another, & even directors like Robert Zemeckis, I 'sense' this same 'vibe' just from what I read about Penn. I wouldn't be surprised if my 'gut instinct' is correct here either.

Don't forget, Jon Peters wanted Penn to play Superman back in '95-96 because he "Had the eyes of a caged animal, a f*cking killer", and THAT was important to who Superman is....
Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Cartoon-dog-puking
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Empty RE: Sean Penn "Opted Out" of 'Man Of Steel'

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:33 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:Whew! Good! That's all we'd need is SPICCOLI as Jor-El. "AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!" But if you ask me, I sense a 'detest' for the Superman character on Penn's part, without really having any proof to go on. Call it a hunch, but just like you've heard actors like Josh Hartnett basically ridicule the character at one time or another, & even directors like Robert Zemeckis, I 'sense' this same 'vibe' just from what I read about Penn. I wouldn't be surprised if my 'gut instinct' is correct here either.

Don't forget, Jon Peters wanted Penn to play Superman back in '95-96 because he "Had the eyes of a caged animal, a f*cking killer", and THAT was important to who Superman is....
Sean Penn "Opted Out" Of 'Man Of Steel' Cartoon-dog-puking

You're right! I heard Kevin Smith say that very thing on his 'infamous' 'Night with Kevin Smith' or whatever it was called. But remember, Mr. Peter-Dick also wanted polar bears & gay robots! He also wanted giant spiders.

Yeah, keep that guy far away from anything called Superman! What a Face
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down