Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New S shield for "Man of Steel"

+3
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Empty New S shield for "Man of Steel"

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri May 20, 2011 6:01 am

I guess it's fitting that since the film is going to be a complete reboot there's a possiblilty that a newly design S shield is in order! So far the previous films has a particular S shield the represent the Donnerverse and even "Superman Returns" has a S Shield representing it. So there's no doubt that they should have a S shield representing "Supeman: Man of Steel" and here's an example of what it should look like...

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  S-shie10

I was going for something more rather simple yet traditional in the process! Since it's suppose to be an S inside a shaped diamond I figure it should look that way while still maintaining the iconic red & yellow S shield design that has been around and recognize for decades.

Ideas anyone?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Empty Re: New S shield for "Man of Steel"

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I don't know design wise what I like. But how do you guys want it on the suit. Screen printed into the "tights " materials, sewed on patch, or other(specify)?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I guess it's fitting that since the film is going to be a complete reboot there's a possiblilty that a newly design S shield is in order! So far the previous films has a particular S shield the represent the Donnerverse and even "Superman Returns" has a S Shield representing it. So there's no doubt that they should have a S shield representing "Supeman: Man of Steel" and here's an example of what it should look like...

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  S-shie10

I was going for something more rather simple yet traditional in the process! Since it's suppose to be an S inside a shaped diamond I figure it should look that way while still maintaining the iconic red & yellow S shield design that has been around and recognize for decades.

Ideas anyone?

I DEFINITELY hope they don't go with something that feminine in the reboot.

Even though I know how much you hate everything about how Superman looks, how about they try something like THIS?:
New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Superman_Symbol

Since, you know, that symbol has NEVER been used in a film before?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 am

Here's my second suggestion on what the S Shield for "Man of Steel" should look like although I don't see how my first suggestion qualify as Feminine! But this one should be anything but feminine and like my first one this one is also done through simplicity mix with tradition.

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  S-shie11
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon May 23, 2011 11:26 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Here's my second suggestion on what the S Shield for "Man of Steel" should look like although I don't see how my first suggestion qualify as Feminine! But this one should be anything but feminine and like my first one this one is also done through simplicity mix with tradition.

Change the yellow to black & we have a take on.........................

KINGDOM COME SUPERMAN! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Here's my second suggestion on what the S Shield for "Man of Steel" should look like although I don't see how my first suggestion qualify as Feminine!

Obviously not.

Here's a tip: When things are too "curvy", they come across as FEMININE. Why? Because the female form is typically curvy compared to men, so it's a connection MOST PEOPLE would make.

Get it now, chuckles?

But this one should be anything but feminine and like my first one this one is also done through simplicity mix with tradition.

Man, you don't have to try so hard to convince us that you don't like how Superman has looked for the last 50-60 years.

We get it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Man, you don't have to try so hard to convince us that you don't like how Superman has looked for the last 50-60 years.

We get it.

This has nothing to do with me not liking Supes's image for the past 73 years it's all about a certain pacific word called UPDATE! And a slight update on his suit won't defile nor kill his image and I'm pretty sure alot people would agree with me!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:This has nothing to do with me not liking Supes's image for the past the 73 years it's all about a certain pacific word called UPDATE!

It has EVERYTHING to do with that, Gump.

Fuck-off with your "UPDATE!" bullshit too. No one here agrees with you.

And a slate update on his suit won't defile nor kill his image and I'm pretty sure alot people would agree with me!

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Epic_Fail_Guy_by_Madvillan
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue May 24, 2011 12:05 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Man, you don't have to try so hard to convince us that you don't like how Superman has looked for the last 50-60 years.

We get it.

This has nothing to do with me not liking Supes's image for the past 73 years it's all about a certain pacific word called UPDATE! And a slight update on his suit won't defile nor kill his image and I'm pretty sure alot people would agree with me!

Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we 'drop the underwear' while we're at it also? Wink

Due to duh heirs lawsuit, we might also wanna consider doing the 'S' shield like in Action Comics #1. You know, the yellow 'shield' that seemed to change size and shape and general appearance depending on what frame you were reading, sometimes even looking like a police badge. Yeah, to appease duh heirs, let's go that route. Besides, duh apologists will even buy that 'hook, line, & sinker'. Basketball
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 24, 2011 12:35 am

non_amos wrote:[Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we 'drop the underwear' while we're at it also? Wink

Due to duh heirs lawsuit, we might also wanna consider doing the 'S' shield like in Action Comics #1. You know, the yellow 'shield' that seemed to change size and shape and general appearance depending on what frame you were reading, sometimes even looking like a police badge. Yeah, to appease duh heirs, let's go that route. Besides, duh apologists will even buy that 'hook, line, & sinker'. Basketball

Definitely. Let's go for something like this:
New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Superman-lives3

It's "updated", right??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 24, 2011 12:36 am

*sigh*

It's sort of a toss up at this point as to whether I would sooner with the heirs or the ass-hat Apologists to fall off the face of the Earth first.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 am

Don't mean to bring up an old thread but after finally seeing Cavill in the suit I think we now have a pretty good idea on how the new S shield for the film will look like and I assume it should look something like this...

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  S-symb17

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 am

Just curious Comicbookfan, how long have you been a fan of Superman? And no disrespect intended when I say' "No you are not!" To my way of thinking you just do not get the character of Superman. You update a computer, or a smart phone, you do not update a mythic icon that has been around for as long as Superman has. Do you see any updating of Vishnu or Jesus and you know why, because they do not need to be updated. Their message is a constant, just like the character of Superman is a constant and if you do not understand that then you really aren't a fan!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:19 am

Somethings are meant to be updated just as long as the results are good! I know for a fact that not all things need to be updated but just somethings maybe, depending on what it is! I can tell people here are fond on tradition (Myself included) perhaps maybe too much but one thing people here (Including you) need to understand is that just bcause somethings work well in the past dosen't mean the results will be the same in present or future times which is why it's a good idea to mix tradition with modernization to make it work in the present and future times.

Now in this case, Superman's appearance in which I'm willing to admit has indeed stand the test of time but thats only because comic book artists over the years has tweaked with his appearance alittle bit and the same can be said in the media. Which is why Supe's appearance in the film need to be tweaked but also be modernize for the present/current times so that it will appeal to the modern mases as well as the old mases just as long he is still recongnizable. If it work for other comic book based films it should work the same with Supes!

And if it's any consolation no, I don't approve of Jim Lee's redesigning but we can all be greatful that Synder didn't go that route!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Somethings are meant to be updated just as long as the results are good! I know for a fact that not all things need to be updated but just somethings maybe, depending on what it is!

Not Superman. Anyone who says he DOES was NEVER a fan of the character. Maybe a fan of what he could do, and the "S" shield, but not of who and what he is.

Period.

I can tell people here are fond on tradition (Myself included) perhaps maybe too much but one thing people here (Including you) need to understand is that just bcause somethings work well in the past dosen't mean the results will be the same in present or future times which is why it's a good idea to mix tradition with modernization to make it work in the present and future times.

We don't have to "understand" bullshit like that. You are spouting an ignorant OPINION and nothing more.

Now in this case, Superman's appearance in which I'm willing to admit has indeed stand the test of time but thats only because comic book artists over the years has tweaked with his appearance alittle bit and the same can be said in the media.

And that is the end of the line, as far as YOU go, dickhead. The "only" reason he has lasted 70+ years is because artists have made tiny little alterations to his costume? Really?

You are a sad, moronic individual, and you belong over at WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com with the rest of the excrement that post there.

This forum is for SUPERMAN FANS.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Clearly, CBF, you are of the mindset of a throw away society, one who cannot comprehend when something is made to last. Superman’s origins are not of planned obsolescence. Superman became a cult icon by his distinctive red, blue and yellow costume, with the big S shield. Because he is known for the virtue of his character and his capacity to always, act honorably. To be an inspiration of hope in a world full of hopelessness. The single person that can be counted on in any situation to act in a positive and proper manner.

Many people try to hang the term “God like” on him, hell Singer even crucified him, but he would be the first one to tell you that this is mistaken. The simple fact is Siegel more than likely came up with the concept of a bulletproof strongman after his own father had been killed in a robbery. Seeing the desperate need for a depression era hero who could fight for truth, justice and the American way!

I see that you are originally from New York, so perhaps in terms you might better understand; “The Empire State Building” and “The Brooklyn Bridge” both were built before Superman was born. Each has had a nip and tuck here and there, but essentially both still look as they did in 1931 and 1883 respectively. Why don’t you clamor for their updating, surely, after all these years they should be made to look more “modern!”

No CBF, I have no interest in my heroes being updated! Because, I understand their origins and I want my Superman with the same costume he has worn for 70+ years, I want my Superman an Alex Ross styled Superman. One with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men…

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:50 am

Well you guys definitly prove my point about how members here take tradition too seriously which of course I don't have a problem with since I happen to be a traditional type myself but however I'm still sticking to my beliefs like it or not! Alittle update/modernization dosen't do alot of harm, too much of it yes, but alittle bit not so much but like I said... I'm sticking to my beliefs! Anyone who agrees with me great, anyone who dosen't fine by me but for anyone who is against my opinions & beliefs then I can only sum it down to three words... KISS MY ASS!!! tongue

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:54 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well you guys definitly prove my point about how members here take tradition too seriously which of course I don't have a problem with since I happen to be a traditional type myself but however I'm still sticking to my beliefs like it or not! Alittle update/modernization dosen't do alot of harm, too much of it yes, but alittle bit not so much but like I said... I'm sticking to my beliefs! Anyone who agrees with me great, anyone who dosen't fine by me but for anyone who is against my opinions & beliefs then I can only sum it down to three words... KICK MY ASS!!! tongue

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Bullshit
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well you guys definitly prove my point about how members here take tradition too seriously which of course I don't have a problem with since I happen to be a traditional type myself but however I'm still sticking to my beliefs like it or not! Alittle update/modernization dosen't do alot of harm, too much of it yes, but alittle bit not so much but like I said... I'm sticking to my beliefs! Anyone who agrees with me great, anyone who dosen't fine by me but for anyone who is against my opinions & beliefs then I can only sum it down to three words... KISS MY ASS!!! tongue
The problem with this incremental "modernization" is that it tends to become a slippery slope. "Does Superman REALLY need an emblem on the back of his cape?" You "compromise" a little bit on one thing and before you know it you've given it all away. Any aspect of the uniform is ultimately up for grabs- the cape, the trunks, the skin tight body suit, the red boots, whatever.

It's one thing to pull something like that on SV, the entire mission statement of which was avoiding The Suit. Go on, give Clark an all black ensemble, who cares? All well and good.

But in a make-it-or-break-it feature film that will likely be viewed by tens of millions... dude, THAT is the time to put your best foot forward. The Suit is an iconic piece of Americana, it's a famous global brand unto itself. It doesn't need to be "modernized", it needs to be CELEBRATED.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:25 am

What you said about compromise reminds me of what I read over at duh Homopage but amazingly, not limited to them but actually widespread. Even on Facebook I see the comments like 'the trunks are gone. YAY! and I'm glad!' Eunuch makes statements like 'I prefer the trunks but if they're gone, it's not a 'deal-breaker'. I see similar comments about the 'S' shield on the cape as well. And what gets me is how there seems to be a 'grassroots movement' of sorts to really alter Superman like this!

My fear is that the trunks are gone for the new film! I base this on something I saw online the other night. I didn't save the exact link but it was at www.dailymotion.com & I found it when I visited the site after something AP posted the other night but I can't quite remember what that was but he posted it on these forums. It may have been Batman-related but I don't feel like looking it up now. Anyway, the point is that they had a little clip on Cavill's 1st pic as Superman & in the close-up they showed. the trunk area was not darkened out at all & was completely blue like the DCnU SUperman! However, I can't confirm if this was indeed 'real' or if they did their own photo manip? Nevertheless that's what was depicted. And it made me feel bad!

I tell you the truth, I really want to get on board for this film. I have confidence in Snyder & all of that & although I like the 'Earth-2' shield, I don't feel on board for no trunks! I just hope that Snyder sides with tradition! This may not be a 'deal-breaker' for the likes of Eunuch but as for me? Like I said, I really want to like this film but.......... Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:08 am

Ya I still hope trunks are there. But like someone esle said if they aren't and with the release date not to 2013 they could always make some digital edits to the costume. But the perfered route would be to have them just there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:01 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they digitally removed the trunks in the initial picture, to gauge people's reaction to it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:10 am

Due to recent releases of some scene photos I finally was able to design an exact replica of the new S Shield for the MOS film!

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  S-symb10

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

New S shield for "Man of Steel"  Empty Re: New S Shield...

Post  Krypto The SuperDog Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:54 pm

That's getting closer... Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Krypto The SuperDog on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Krypto The SuperDog
Krypto The SuperDog
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

User Reputation : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Welcome Krypto.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend