Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question......

+4
alonzo
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
Apologist Puncher
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question......

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question......

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:14 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Are we done with the nitpicking for today??!
No, we're not, because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like your choice in neckties. cheers
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question......

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote: Mad Mad Mad Ugh!!! For the last fucking time I don't AND I REPEAT I don't have a problem OR have anything against Superman wearing red trunks outside his suit I'm only pointing out that other people may have a problem with it maybe not hardcore fans but other kinds of fans... And no not the type of fans you maybe thinking about! I for one don't give a damn if he does wears trunks or not!

When you call them "underwear, you have a problem.

I'm also saying that the idea for a red design scheme below the belt may avoid some backlash that may follow! Plus he'll just look weird without any red underneath the waist!

"Backlash" from WHO, exactly?

No one with a brain, that much is clear.

And another thing... Your saying that I don't respect Superman? I wouldn't be making suggestions on how he should be portrayed nor be a member of this site if I didn't! Hell, I wouldn't be a former member of Savesuperman.com or sign a petition for a new Superman reboot film to be green lighted if what you say about me is true! Haven't you heard the stuff that people are saying about Superman lately? Cause I certainly have but I also never agree with them!!!

Now tell me again that I don't respect Superman? Aleast I'm trying to avoid seeing another Superman film being Singered if you get my drift!

When you call the trunks "underwear" or "panties", you DON'T respect Superman.

Period.

P.S. For christ sake, are we done with the nitpicking for today??!

Since YOU were the one nit-picking about the trunks, you tell us......
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 pm

I wouldn't mind if the trunks were replaced with a red belt. That could be the best way to break up the blue.

Though If they wanted to change the costume, it really should have happened years ago.

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:40 pm

kivara wrote:I wouldn't mind if the trunks were replaced with a red belt. That could be the best way to break up the blue.

Though If they wanted to change the costume, it really should have happened years ago.
Disagree with you man, but, either way, welcome aboard.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 pm

kivara wrote:I wouldn't mind if the trunks were replaced with a red belt. That could be the best way to break up the blue.

So, you are saying "replace" the red trunks with a red belt that makes you picture the red trunks that were there in the first place?

O-kay.......

And they won't be replaced in the new movie.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kivara Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

Disagree with you man, but, either way, welcome aboard.

Thanks. Great to be here.

If the trunks were dropped, here's some costume designs that could possibly make it work? Opinions?

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 4353-superman

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Newduds

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Cavill

kivara
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Not really crazy about any of them. Those designs unintentionally emphasize how important the trunks are in the graphic design scheme of things. None of them really scream "Superman" to me without the trunks.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:16 pm

kivara wrote:Thanks. Great to be here.

If the trunks were dropped, here's some costume designs that could possibly make it work? Opinions?

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 4353-superman

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Newduds

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Cavill

God no.

Hell no.

N-O.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gadhero Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 pm

The trunks stay.

There is no need to change ANYTHING about Superman. Singer tried changing the costume into a wierd fetish outfit and also his personality by turning him into a stalker/homewrecker/irresponsible moron and look what happened.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 pm

Here's part of an e-mail I sent to one of the members of this board. Should say it all:

And why have actors screen test in a Reeve replica if the trunks weren't going to be used? I think the fact they used them, and said Cavill didn't look "ridiculous", means it was a test to see how he looked WITH the trunks. If EVERYONE who tested looked bad with the trunks, they would have been ditched. I promise you that. Cavill didn't.

Trunks stay.

Trunks Or No Trunks? THAT Is The Question...... - Page 2 Gameover-web-final
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:02 am

trunks should stay. the suit like the crest is iconic.

once people start tinkering with the costume we get the abomination that could have been the tim burton movie.... people's ego get in the way and start putting their "signature" to the costume.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  alonzo Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:05 am

Still praying that they get rid of those trunks. I sorta like this. http://comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/14935/SUPERMAN_Suit02.jpg

alonzo
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:03 pm

alonzo wrote:Still praying that they get rid of those trunks. I sorta like this. http://comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/14935/SUPERMAN_Suit02.jpg

That suit is horrid. Superman should NEVER wear "armor". Leave that for the weaklings like Iron Man and Batman.

Trunks are stayin'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2