Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My personal thoughts on the upcoming Superman film project!

2 posters

Go down

My personal thoughts on the upcoming Superman film project! Empty My personal thoughts on the upcoming Superman film project!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Okay, so far we have learn that Zack Snyder is officially the director of the next Superman film but before that we've learn the Christopher Nolan is halm the producer and is was first rumored that the film will take a page book from "The Man of Steel" mini series, no re-telling of the origin but will have some anthology of Krypton and Brainiac is the main villain. Then later it is rumored that the film will not have any connections to the previous films nor will it be based on comic book stories such as "The Man Of Steel" mini series and the "Birthright" mini series and that General Zod will be the main villain. But one factor still remains is that the title "The Man Of Steel" may be the title of the film.

Now for my thoughts...

I really don't mind Zack Synder being the director in all along with Christopher Nolan being the producer just as long a Superman film is green lighted and that is done right this time.

I think they should (Although I know other people won't agree) re-tell Superman's origin since this IS a reboot which means everything has to start from scratch since viewers who may not know about Superman might be watching this thus making this their first introduction to him. However that doesn't mean they have to spend a half an hour re-telling it like in the first film and just aleast do it the way they did it in "The Incredible Hulk" or in "Punisher: War Zone" since they're also comic book film reboots! Also I know for a fact that Superman's origin has been told countless of times but if they were to re-tell it again it'll only be the second time it was ever done on film.

Even though Zack Synder decided to not based the film from recent comic book stories nor does he have to but he can aleast borrowed some plots from comic book stories which is something that comic book based films are doing now-a-days. I'm still glad he decided not to have the film have any connections to the previous films though!

Even though I would like to see Brainiac on film I just don't think he should be featured as the main villain in the first installment, may be in a sequel/second installment but just not in the first film since he's just too big of a villain to be presented for a first starter. I also think putting General Zod as the main villain would just be a rehash of "Superman II" since he's already been used on film and the last thing we need to see is another stunt being pulled just like how "Superman Returns" was done! This is a perfect opportunity to use villains from the comics since Superman does have a rogue of villains and my perfect choice would be John Corban a.k.a. Metallo since he's an android who is powered by Kryptonite (Superman's weakness). Plus, I wouldn't mind seeing Lex Luthor again since he's known for being Superman's greatest enemy and should be featured in every Superman film along with villains with him only this time we got the Lex that we all waited & wanted to see... A corrupted billionare tycoon who practically owns Metropolis.

And as for the title "The Man Of Steel" I think that should also be saved for a sequel/second installment and should be given a different film title like... "Superman Begins" or "Superman (Insert second title here)", just like "The Dark Knight" was the film title for the sequel of "Batman Begins".

And those are my thoughts on the matter!!!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

My personal thoughts on the upcoming Superman film project! Empty Re: My personal thoughts on the upcoming Superman film project!

Post  webhead2006 Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I don't mind the title. But I am sure it will probably change from now to film release. I def agree we need to have some origins to help define this film being different. but just don't take to long to do it. Sure the basics are known by most of the public, but it needs to be there. We need to know why/how this clark is different. As for villains, def hold off zod to a later film, he like darkseid/doomsday should be end game foes. Start with guys like toyman, metallo, heck even mr. Mxy. But I disagree with brainiac I think he would be a fitting first film villain. If they wanted to hold off on kryptonite in the film. I do hope goyer and the nolans found the right story. Then with nolan and snyder directing and filming done well. The key factor is cast and them working with each other and making us believe they are the character.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down