Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

+4
thecolorsblend
Comicbookfan-V2
Apologist Puncher
lib
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Empty Ben

Post  Rduce Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:38 pm

https://i.imgur.com/I3DC4NM.jpgFIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 I3DC4NM

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Empty Re: FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:20 am

Heh, I love how this has played out. MOS debuted and the sequel was announced at SDCC just a few weeks later. Now we're a year past that and we're getting photos of the sequel and it's starting to generate a lot of buzz.

I guess sequels to successful films get fast-tracked and taken seriously when the original actually makes money and interests wide audiences. And, oh yeah, outgrosses Johnny Depp and Spider-Man. Times are changing there, eh?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Empty Re: FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 pm

I love it. THAT is a Batman chin.

I just hope the Bros. Warner drop something tomorrow. Like the full pic, because look at the bottom right. That is either hair, or a hand. They have a chance to steal ALL the thunder from SDCC if they do.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:21 pm

Blurry shots of Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Buogu810
FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Buoghr10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:25 pm

And it looks like Bruce is having a pretty rough day.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Someone mentioned this somewhere online, but I think it would make sense if it happened:

That's Bruce Wayne in Metropolis during the invasion/Zod fight.

It gives him a personal connection to the destruction in Metropolis, as well as a firsthand look at Superman in action.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Empty Ben To the Rescue

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:46 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=105768

Michael Uslan served as an executive producer on Tim Burton's Batman and then each of the subsequent movies right through to Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy. He will return in that role for 2016's Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, and spoke to app.com recently about the reaction to Ben Affleck being case as the Caped Crusader. "We’ve been through this I don’t know how many times already. Every time a director makes a creative, out-of-the-box-thinking decision on casting, it tends to get this. I remember even the ‘Iron Man’ (2008) guys got it on Robert Downey Jr. initially. Of course, we got it intensely when another genius, Chris Nolan, chose Heath Ledger to play the Joker (in 2008’s ‘The Dark Knight’). And it was a huge outcry: ‘How can a guy who just played a gay cowboy (in 2005’s ‘Brokeback Mountain’) play the Joker? You’re going to destroy the greatest villain ever, this is going to be a laugh.’ “So, this has happened time and again, and it happened with Affleck. To go back to the original thought of Bruce Wayne in his mid-40s, I think he’s going to be extraordinary."

This pretty much debunks those recent reports that Batman will be in his 50s, though many fans were already sceptical that the movie would portray Bruce Wayne at that age anyway (especially as Affleck doesn't look like a man of that age, grey templed be damned). Uslan makes a great point when it comes to the way the Argo star and director's casting was received, especially as those same people were likely just as doubtful about the other actors he mentions and more besides.

Anyone who thought Affleck was playing a 50 year old Batman is a fucking idiot, and hopefully sterile.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:48 pm

The thing that works best for me here is that it breaks away from the trend of casting young pretty 20-somethings as superheroes. Cavill and Affleck "ought" to be out of the running for their respective roles because they're over 27. But clearly Snyder doesn't see their age as an impediment.

This is a good thing, people.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:15 am

The Batmobile:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=107378

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Bmbl10

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Bmbl210
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:09 am

From Zack Snyder

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Nbzu3c10

And yes, he's calling it the "Batmobile". None of that pretentious "Tumbler" shit.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:26 am

Some are calling it the Bumbler because they say it looks like a hybrid of Burton's version & Nolan's. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:44 pm

non_amos wrote:Some are calling it the Bumbler because they say it looks like a hybrid of Burton's version & Nolan's. Suspect

Well, especially today, "some" are fucking mouth-breathing morons....

It's actually more like the Batmobile from the upcoming Arkham Knights video game:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Batman11
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:44 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:Some are calling it the Bumbler because they say it looks like a hybrid of Burton's version & Nolan's. Suspect

Well, especially today, "some" are fucking mouth-breathing morons....

It's actually more like the Batmobile from the upcoming Arkham Knights video game:

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Batman11

You've got a point LOL. Laughing

Ya know, I still don't get all the HATE this film is getting! Yeah, I know, Batfleck, Snyder, yada yada yada. MOS was a disappointment, blah, blah, blah!

Don't really feel like writing an essay right now but in a nutshell, a Superman/Batman film should be any fan's dream come true. Hey, in MY lifetime! But NOOOOOOO! Instead they want to derail this project before it even begins. I find that really sickening!

But offer to replace Cavill & Affleck with BJ & Bale & they'll ALL be on board! Anger
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:10 pm

non_amos wrote:Don't really feel like writing an essay right now but in a nutshell, a Superman/Batman film should be any fan's dream come true. Hey, in MY lifetime! But NOOOOOOO! Instead they want to derail this project before it even begins. I find that really sickening!
This goes to my theory that most people don't actually want this. Prima Donners rather enjoy the immaculate universe Reeve inhabited, that same is absolutely essential to Nolan's Batman and I don't think anybody gives a damn about the Apologists anymore.

Maybe it's just a matter of perspective but I remember a time in the 90's when WB was regularly burned in effigy because they wanted to "make Superman dark" and "make Batman silly". It took forever but it sure looks like WB finally got the message. MOS featured a Superman who was relevant rather than a punchline. For everything else I could say about the Nolan films, they didn't intentionally set out to turn Batman into a cartoon character and WB clearly wants to keep to that trend.

On top of all that, as you say, they're finally teaming up.

I mean, what's the problem here? We won! We're getting what we (supposedly) want! When I was a kid (A) I would've given just about ANYTHING for a Batman/Superman teamup movie and (B) I spent my entire adolescence (and a good bit of my adult life, actually) truly believing it would never happen. But here it is!

There's so much misery and contempt in the world today that I just can't bring myself to piss on a dream I had since before my age hit double digits finally coming true. It's happening! What is there to complain about?

But then you remember that these aren't Superman fans; they're Donner fans. They're not Batman fans; they're Nolan fans.

They're not comic book fans; they're hipsters.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:44 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=107786

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Gc0luu10

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 C3zhn910

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Tyy7qo10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 C3zhn910
Dude, that car looks MEAN in that picture. Badass!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Here's a photo of a full body shot of the Bat-suit and it's glory...

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 L6fhpe10

I think we can all now get a full-fledged idea of what the suit looks like and easily imagine Ben Affleck in it.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Nice to finally get a good look at it. I like how it really does look like it came from the film universe that produced the MOS Superman outfit. There's a common denominator there design-wise but it doesn't look like they hacked up a Superman suit and added a cowl to it. But very similar aesthetic flavors. Really cool, love it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Man, I really miss you guy's input and opinions around here.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:35 pm

BHoward wrote:Man, I really miss you guy's input and opinions around here.

I hear ya. Been dead as dogshit around here for months.

I should be seeing 'Batman V. Superman' a week early, so I will definitely be posting up to, and after, I see it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:38 pm

FIRST LOOK AT BEN AFFLECK AS BATMAN - Page 2 Bvsmem10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:03 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
BHoward wrote:Man, I really miss you guy's input and opinions around here.

I hear ya. Been dead as dogshit around here for months.

I should be seeing 'Batman V. Superman' a week early, so I will definitely be posting up to, and after, I see it.

Yeah me and my youngest are supposed to be seeing it early too. We went to the Imax trailer last year and we're supposed to get early screening passes. Can't wait.

Everything with BvS is looking amazing although the portrayal of Lex has me concerned. I'm holding out hope that there is some misdirection.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:48 am

BHoward wrote:

Yeah me and my youngest are supposed to be seeing it early too.  We went to the Imax trailer last year and we're supposed to get early screening passes.  Can't wait.

Same here. Made a friend go with me, and he bitched up a storm because of the long line. But when I reminded him we get to see it early and for free, he has changed his tune.

BHoward wrote:Everything with BvS is looking amazing although the portrayal of Lex has me concerned.  I'm holding out hope that there is some misdirection.  

I have a feeling they WANT people to think Eisenberg's Lex is how that trailer portrayed him. So they can make the people dead set against the film eat crow.

Even though they'll never admit it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:35 am

I admire your theory... and I hope you're right but (A) I'm not sure marketing wonks think in those terms and (B) the naysayers will never admit they're wrong. Ever.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next