Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys'

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys' - Page 2 Empty Re: TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys'

Post  non_amos Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 am

thecolorsblend wrote:For whatever reason, part of me is desperate to like the Terminator reboot. So maybe there's potential here that I'm just not seeing.

Since I'm obviously a fan of this franchise I too hope it succeeds but I guess the 'skeptic' in me has concerns. Besides casting issues, how exactly is it a reboot again if Ahnuld is the main star? Stealing ideas here from JJ perhaps?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys' - Page 2 Empty Re: TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys'

Post  James Stocks Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 am

Every time I see news of this reboot, I think "I don't fucking care" and just scroll further down the webpage. I'm not sure what the point of this reboot will be, at least not with this franchise. If they can do to this what FOX (yeah, them) done to PLANET OF THE APES, I'll be surprised. Until I hear good word of mouth, I'm really not interested in this one. I have the DVDs of the first two films, and as far as I'm concerned that's where it began and ended.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 am

The problem is, if they steal a page from JJ Abrams book like he did with the STAR TREK reboot & I suspect they will, then we further confuse the Terminator canon/storyline. As if it wasn't already convoluted enough after the 3rd & 4th films. And with Ahnuld as the star, he'd have to be heavily CGI'd to be believable. He's not a 'spring chicken' anymore & no longer in Mr. Olympia shape. So there you go.

At least the TV series attempted to explain some things. For example, in T3 we saw that Linda Hamilton was noticeably absent so they killed off her character with cancer. But in the TV series, due to a time travel plot point, they were trying to 'cheat death' by preventing whatever led to the cancer in the first place. Problem is though is that Sarah was still exposed to radiation in a tricky situation & therefore was worried about herself for the remainder of the series, getting tested & such for cancer. It was a plot point that was never resolved because they cancelled the series & even left it on a cliffhanger! AARRGGHH!!!!!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 am

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=94825

Jai Courtney Will Play 'Kyle Reese' In TERMINATOR: GENESIS

It seems Jai Courtney (Jack Reacher, A Good Day to Die Hard) has beaten other front-runner Boyd Holbrook (Gone Girl) to the final major role to be cast in the upcoming Terminator reboot; Kyle Reese. Read on for more details.
By Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 2/19/2014

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys' - Page 2 Jai1

Last week we found out that casting for the key role of Kyle Reese in Alan Taylor's Terminator flick had come down to two front-runners, and now Variety report that Jai Courtney will be the one to take a crack at the machines alongside Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) as Sara Connor and Jason Clarke (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) as her their son John. Yes, the character's ages definitely imply we're in for quite a bit of time hopping, but aside from that, specific plot details are still under wraps. Skydance and Annapurna will co-finance along with the studio, with David Ellison producing for Skydance. Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier penned the script. Terminator: Genesis will be released July 1, 2015.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 am

Everything I know about that dude is contained in your post but he at least looks the part. I have to give him that much.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:51 am

I'm still wondering why they didn't go with the guy who looked like a clone of Michael Biehn? And apparently this really is some sort of reboot rather than a sequel to Terminator: Salvation but how then is Ahnuld even in it?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:53 am

non_amos wrote:I'm still wondering why they didn't go with the guy who looked like a clone of Michael Biehn? And apparently this really is some sort of reboot rather than a sequel to Terminator: Salvation but how then is Ahnuld even in it?

That's not the only question. Look at the story.

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor protecting THEIR son, John Connor.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:I'm still wondering why they didn't go with the guy who looked like a clone of Michael Biehn? And apparently this really is some sort of reboot rather than a sequel to Terminator: Salvation but how then is Ahnuld even in it?

That's not the only question. Look at the story.

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor protecting THEIR son, John Connor.

What is the story exactly? I've read this, I've read that. One time it was gonna take place in World War 2. Now I don't think so. And Kyle and Sarah protecting their son?! So what happens then to their one-night stand in the original film that left Reese dead at the end of the film? Is all that jettisoned now?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am

non_amos wrote:What is the story exactly? I've read this, I've read that. One time it was gonna take place in World War 2. Now I don't think so. And Kyle and Sarah protecting their son?! So what happens then to their one-night stand in the original film that left Reese dead at the end of the film? Is all that jettisoned now?

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys' - Page 2 Funny-pictures-auto-demotivation-time-travel-365208
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:37 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=101418

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys' - Page 2 10155710

TERMINATOR REBOOT?! AKA 'Terminator Genisys' - Page 2 10450910
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:56 pm

My interest? Yeah, it just got stoked a little.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Gotta tell you, that's one hell of a promising trailer. It's like the producers knew how many naysayers are out here and they intentionally threw in major plot points to say "don't worry guys, we've got this shit under control".

Mind you, they're getting crucified now for doing that by the very same people who bitched and complained about the mere existence of this movie. But you can't have everything, I guess.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:57 pm

As you guys know I'm obviously a big fan of the Terminator. However, with that being said, I have mixed feelings about this reboot, namely the plot. I mean, we know the 1st 2 films are canon. So..........how does this go to Sarah being raised by a Terminator & calling him 'Pops'?! I mean, she was a waitress/college student basically whose mother was still living, that is, until 'Big Bear' anyway but I assume her father was either dead or just divorced or something. Yeah, time travel, I know but this reeks of Star Trek 2009 in a way.

Other concerns are the cast. Maybe they'll surprise me but I recall there were others being considered who actually looked more like Linda Hamilton & Michael Biehn. And a point I remember being made over at SHH is that Kyle Reece was a small scrappy guy who spent his life fighting & starving yet surviving. But ain't this Jai Courtney a bigger 'buff' guy? And Emilia Clarke is hot & all but Sarah Connor wasn't necessarily hot.

So I dunno. I'm sure I'll see this hopefully but I do have concerns. The trailer looks killer but the convoluted timeline has me well, concerned LOL.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2