Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

70s Shazam TV Show

3 posters

Go down

70s Shazam TV Show Empty 70s Shazam TV Show

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:05 pm

70s live action shazam/captain marvel show coming to dvd:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=66776
'70s SHAZAM! TV Series Coming To DVD; Cover Art Revealed

Filmation's 1970's live action Shazam! series is coming to DVD for the very first time,and if you pre-order the 3 disc set at WBshop.com you will also receive a variant cover featuring art by Jerry Ordway. Check it out past the jump.. Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 9/4/2012 70s Shazam TV Show Shaz-ord
Here's the official synopsis.

By uttering a single magic word young Billy Batson transforms himself into the world's mightiest mortal, Captain Marvel. The acronym of the first letters of the names of the six elders who train Billy with their respective special gifts: Solomon, wisdom; Hercules, strength; Atlas, stamina; Zeus, power; Achilles, courage; and Mercury, speed, in a word...SHAZAM! Now, the entire series is available in this 3-disc set featuring every exciting episode of this classic television show!

Shazam! comes to DVD October 23rd.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

70s Shazam TV Show Empty Re: 70s Shazam TV Show

Post  non_amos Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 pm

I really dug this show back then when I was a kid growing up in the 70's. I believe I was in about the 6th grade then. I also remember the show was popular with other guys my age too as well as the spin-off ISIS. Yeah, we guys liked to look at 'Isis' even then. Wink

I just hope it's affordable because I really want it! To tell you the truth, it wasn't a bad take especially for that time period. Sure, the whole 'Winnebago' thing was different & Captain Marvel's hair was different but I still really dug on this! I remember a few years back they were even showing reruns of this on cable. If only WB-related programming now was as good as that, with the exception of SMALLVILLE & SUPERNATURAL of course.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:15 am

70s Shazam TV Show Shazam-2-09

70s Shazam TV Show 1970s_shazam_01

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 am

I never saw the show when it first airred. Before I was born. But I have seen a few episodes/clips of it yrs ago. Don't really remember much from it. But would be fun to see whole series. So like non said if set is priced good might pick it up.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:55 pm

I guess for guys like me back then as a kid it gave you that Saturday morning 'Superman' kind of vibe only it wasn't Superman. However it was Captain Marvel who was also very popular in the 70's. I looked forward to seeing this on a weekly basis. Sure, I noticed the differences from the comics but at that age I really didn't care, I just enjoyed it for what it was. I guess it had a certain 'quality' about it that reached the fans without all the nitpicking that seems to go on today.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down