Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain Marvel/Shazam movie

3 posters

Go down

Captain Marvel/Shazam movie Empty Captain Marvel/Shazam movie

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:32 am

No idea where things stand here and I'm too lazy to check. But of all the potential comic book franchises DC has access to, I've always thought that Captain Marvel has the best chance of replacing Harry Potter as the film series that can spark a kid's imagination. The wonder, the magic, the heroism; there's a lot to recommend a Captain Marvel movie. Tons of potential.

For those of you who've read the Jeff Smith Captain Marvel & The Monster Society of Evil miniseries, I think you've got some of the raw ingredients behind a successful Captain Marvel movie.

Best of all, this is a property that easily fits into a universe unto itself without need for interaction with a wider DC universe. Of all properties, there's precedent to spare for setting the Captain in his own universe.

There are marketing difficulties though. WB would have to get an epic Mother May I just to do a proper marketing push. The "Shazam" shit works for the comics because we all know what we're getting but for the movie, the movie trailer needs to prominently say (and repeat) "Captain Marvel". And that's not to speak of the tie-in video games, action figures, etc.

And of all times, it'd make sense for Marvel to say "we have a property called 'Captain America' from Marvel Studios. We don't want you to confuzzle the audience so our answer is NO!" I'd hate that decision but this is one of those times where it could very well be true.

Anyway. Just thinking out loud here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Captain Marvel/Shazam movie Empty Re: Captain Marvel/Shazam movie

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:41 am

He definately would be a good one to work with. Last I recall there is/was a script going for it but it was at various different stages, I forgot who was up for or rumored as director. The last thing I also remember the rock was up for black adam at one point.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 pm

I do believe that the Bros. Warner have the ability to use the 'Captain Marvel' name. Just NOT as the main title.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Ya i believe like how it is in comics merch/film title has to be shazam but the character itself within book/film can be called captain marvel.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down