Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern'

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern' Empty Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern'

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 pm

And those "people" are freaking retarded:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=52679

Ryan Reynolds Wins People's Choice Award For Favorite Movie Superhero

Green Lantern may have under performed at the box office, but it still looks like people love them some Ryan Reynolds after the actor took home the People's Choice Award for Favorite Movie Superhero.

The People's Choice Awards aired last night and Ryan Reynolds upset the masses to take home the Favorite Movie Superhero award. Reynolds defied the odds and won the award in a category that was stacked with Marvel Superheroes. The nominees also included Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, James McAvoy as Professor X, and Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique.

There has been some buzz that Warner Brother's is still planning on doing a sequel to Green Lantern despite its lackluster box office showing. Do you think with the character and Ryan Reynolds pulling in the People's Choice award that it will add fuel to that fire to give the franchise another shot? As usual leave your comments in the comment boxes below. To see a run down of all of last night's winners click HERE.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern' Empty Re: Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern'

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Well since its a fan vote, folks do like ryan. So that is probably why he won.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern' Empty Re: Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern'

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Still retarded shit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Why didn't the other guys from the other films win? They did better and their films were better. I mean, c'mon! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 pm

non_amos wrote:Why didn't the other guys from the other films win? They did better and their films were better. I mean, c'mon! Rolling Eyes

Honestly, I think it's because Ryan Reynolds was the only one who was going to be there.

Never, ever, ever-ever-ever, assume these things are legit.

They're not.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 am

I tried watching it for the first time ever last night.

I then turned it off and watched South Park instead.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 14, 2012 12:53 am

Stockslivevan wrote:I tried watching it for the first time ever last night.

I then turned it off and watched South Park instead.

Ryan Reynolds Wins 'People's Choice Award' For 'Green Lantern' Thumbs-up-borat1

"Great success!"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Seems the only thing DC has that's as good as the MARVEL UNIVERSE are the Bruce Timm animated features. Perhaps it's time for him to start pulling a Brad Bird and focus on live action DC projects cuz he seems to be the only guy that actually GETS it.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 14, 2012 11:10 pm

I made that comment before too. They get there animated films, tv shows right. Where does it go so wrong for them in live action film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 11:18 pm

No clue. Bruce Timm makes it look so easy too.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:No clue. Bruce Timm makes it look so easy too.
The greats have a funny way of doing that...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Seems the only thing DC has that's as good as the MARVEL UNIVERSE are the Bruce Timm animated features. Perhaps it's time for him to start pulling a Brad Bird and focus on live action DC projects cuz he seems to be the only guy that actually GETS it.

Well, I would say their animated TV shows are far superior too. Especially 'Young Justice'.

But Brad Bird should direct Justice League, if the Bros. Warner ever decide to get serious.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 14, 2012 11:39 pm

I agree about the TV shows. The second season of JUSTICE LEAGUE was probably the best DC live action film never made. Fucking incredible that was. THE AVENGERS really reminded me of that.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Trying to finish it. It's so odd. It's got everything it needs to work as a Green Lantern movie, but at the same time everything is just lifeless. There's no energy to this flick. There's no spark. It's not a disaster like JONAH HEX, but it's so unremarkable. Everything is dull.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu May 17, 2012 12:26 am

Stockslivevan wrote:Trying to finish it. It's so odd. It's got everything it needs to work as a Green Lantern movie, but at the same time everything is just lifeless. There's no energy to this flick. There's no spark. It's not a disaster like JONAH HEX, but it's so unremarkable. Everything is dull.

And it's not produced by MARVEL STUDIOS, that's why too. Smile

But seriously, this should've been WB's answer to IRON MAN & it just wasn't. Like you say, it's like the film had a formula to follow but then dropped the ball. I mean, in the comics, both GL and Batman are so popular that reboots ain't necessary, even if everyone else is. Had the right team been behind this, the outcome may have been different but now we'll probably have to wait for years just to get a decent reboot.

Ya know, it's funny. When the GL DVDs first came out, they were widely available at Walmart. Then they pulled them in hardly no time. Then a few weeks back they brought back the DVD for $9.96 & the 'Extended Cut' Blu-Ray for $19.96 & had them until recently. Then I noticed the other day I could only find the DVD. Well, guess what? I went to Walmart today before work & found the Blu-Ray for only $7.50! So I bought it. And this is that extended version too. Why did they just suddenly price this so dirt cheap? However, to be fair, they also had the extended cut of SUCKER PUNCH for only 5 bucks so I bought that too. There were also other older films like 300 but they've been out for years but these 2 films seem to be getting the 'heave-ho' so to speak. Incidentally the Sucker Punch Blu-Ray was priced at 15 bucks a few days ago.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 10:39 am

SUCKER PUNCH. Man, I saw that one in the theater and boy did that blow. Snyder should just stick to directing and let someone else write the scripts. The best I can say of that flick is that Snyder does a great job at telling a story on a visual level, particularly the beginning of the flick. WATCHMEN is an even better example, I look forward to how he helms MAN OF STEEL and given his writing team hopefully it'll turn out alright.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:SUCKER PUNCH. Man, I saw that one in the theater and boy did that blow. Snyder should just stick to directing and let someone else write the scripts. The best I can say of that flick is that Snyder does a great job at telling a story on a visual level, particularly the beginning of the flick. WATCHMEN is an even better example, I look forward to how he helms MAN OF STEEL and given his writing team hopefully it'll turn out alright.

What exactly "blew" about 'Sucker Punch'? And please, no generalized internet hyperbole. Be specific.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Trying to finish it. It's so odd. It's got everything it needs to work as a Green Lantern movie, but at the same time everything is just lifeless. There's no energy to this flick. There's no spark. It's not a disaster like JONAH HEX, but it's so unremarkable. Everything is dull.

And this was my exact criticism of the film too.

It was just boring.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Stockslivevan wrote:SUCKER PUNCH. Man, I saw that one in the theater and boy did that blow. Snyder should just stick to directing and let someone else write the scripts. The best I can say of that flick is that Snyder does a great job at telling a story on a visual level, particularly the beginning of the flick. WATCHMEN is an even better example, I look forward to how he helms MAN OF STEEL and given his writing team hopefully it'll turn out alright.

What exactly "blew" about 'Sucker Punch'? And please, no generalized internet hyperbole. Be specific.

Stockslivevan wrote:Snyder should just stick to directing and let someone else write the scripts.

Pretty much the script. I like everything else going for it, except for Tyler Bates (gawd I hope he doesn't score Supes), but it all collapses on the misguded script.

The Half in the Bag review actually summed it best for me. I'd post a link to it, but I'm still on that newbie probation thing. Mad
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:Pretty much the script. I like everything else going for it, except for Tyler Bates (gawd I hope he doesn't score Supes), but it all collapses on the misguded script.

The Half in the Bag review actually summed it best for me. I'd post a link to it, but I'm still on that newbie probation thing. Mad

Send me a PM with just the link c&p'd the the body. Don't use any of the "buttons", and it should work. If not, throw a few spaces in and it will.

I want to read it and dissect it for it's inaccuracies.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 2:39 pm

It's a video review. Googling "redlettermedia", "half in the bag", and "sucker punch" should get you to it.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Ah. I have no patience for those.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 2:52 pm

You should give it a shot. They're great at biting criticism and wit.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Stockslivevan wrote:You should give it a shot. They're great at biting criticism and wit.

That's what I don't have patience for...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Well, basically they call it an admirable failure. Admirable because they note that Zach Snyder has a real gift for visual storytelling which is something a lot of his Hollywood peers lack. Why it fails is because most of the sequences take place in their heads, as they dance their mind goes into this crazy fantasy world where there's no real consequence (Baby Doll slams into the ground at a hundred miles per hour, she's not hurt) and the sequences play out like a video game where they need to get an item before moving onto the next level. Characters are one dimensional. For comparison, they site THE MATRIX as a better example of how you can throw characters into a fantasy world but there are rules which allows the story to have some kind of tension. When I was in the theater watching this flick I found myself at times losing focus on the flick, my mind would wander onto other things because I knew what was happening on the screen didn't really matter because while they're fighting samurai/dragon/whatthefuck they're really just dancing seductively dancing for some horny Senator trying to get him distracted enough to grab an object from him. Overall, it's just boring to watch and from all the reviews I've heard, apparently I'm not alone on this.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next