Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green lantern 2?

4 posters

Go down

Green lantern 2? Empty Green lantern 2?

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Ok here is a thread we can discuss the chance of a sequel and if you like to see one. To start things off just saw this thr article saying wb might still do a sequel even with the so far disapointing box office:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-pursue-green-lantern-205703
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Green lantern 2? Empty Re: Green lantern 2?

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:34 pm

It's funny how easily some people fall into an Apologist mind-state. You liked 'Green Lantern'? Good for you, I guess. But a sequel isn't going to happen.

Remember the Bros. Warner were "planning" a sequel to Singerman too. How'd that turn out?

Green lantern 2? Use-your-brain--large-msg-12882579529
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:It's funny how easily some people fall into an Apologist mind-state. You liked 'Green Lantern'? Good for you, I guess. But a sequel isn't going to happen.

Remember the Bros. Warner were "planning" a sequel to Singerman too. How'd that turn out?
I see that point but I'd argue the difference is that a GL sequel actually has somewhere to go. I don't care too much about it, I don't need it, but GL, unlike Singerman, left mythos-faithful stories to play with. GL, whatever it's flaws, can be improved in a sequel.

Any Singerman sequel would've needed to deal with Cyclops, Damien Kent, Kate Fivehead Bosworth, a stalkery title character and so on. That was never fertile ground for a sequel to build upon, as far as I'm concerned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I see that point but I'd argue the difference is that a GL sequel actually has somewhere to go. I don't care too much about it, I don't need it, but GL, unlike Singerman, left mythos-faithful stories to play with. GL, whatever it's flaws, can be improved in a sequel.

A 'Green Lantern' sequel won't go anywhere.

It's probably going to make less at the box office than Singerman Peeps.

Green lantern 2? Face-of-fail-small
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:It's funny how easily some people fall into an Apologist mind-state. You liked 'Green Lantern'? Good for you, I guess. But a sequel isn't going to happen.

I see that point but I'd argue the difference is that a GL sequel actually has somewhere to go. I don't care too much about it, I don't need it, but GL, unlike Singerman, left mythos-faithful stories to play with. GL, whatever it's flaws, can be improved in a sequel.

Any Singerman sequel would've needed to deal with Cyclops, Damien Kent, Kate Fivehead Bosworth, a stalkery title character and so on. That was never fertile ground for a sequel to build upon, as far as I'm concerned.

I finally saw GREEN LANTERN Sunday evening & although I could post this under one of the other threads, this seems as good a place as any considering the current conversation.

To tell you the truth, I actually enjoyed it! I really expected to be disappointed after all of the online bashing of the film but was pleasantly surprised. Was it the best I've ever seen? No. But it also wasn't the worst. It wasn't as good as THOR for example. It was, however, more enjoyable than SINGERMAN PEEPS. I'll tell you this too, I think I liked it better than IRON MAN 2, even though that film made a killing! For a comparison here, the 1st 2 SPIDERMAN films were pretty awesome, especially the 2nd one. However, the 3rd installment was somewhat of a disappointment even though the film made a ton of money! That film left me with a feeling of 'it could've been so much more', just like Iron Man 2 did. Just like Singerman. Just like Ang Lee's HULK. And even though I liked GHOST RIDER, I'd rate GL better than that also.

Like I said, it wasn't as good as Thor but by the same token, I was pleasantly surprised with it, like with Thor. Not as good as IRON MAN but surprised with it in a similar way, but better than IM2, at least to me anyway. I've yet to even get the DVD of that one! But I'll probably buy GL as soon as it hits DVD. I'm also not an authority on the GL mythos so I didn't really have any issues like that, not like I did with Singerman. Overall I did enjoy it for the most part. I still wish they'd gone with real suits but otherwise I found it to be fun. Sure, it had room for improvement but at least it wasn't as disppointing as the films I previously mentioned.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 am

Wow, I am beginning to call into question the taste of the majority of posters in this section.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down