Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series

2 posters

Go down

Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series Empty Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Just Saw this article over at The Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/syfy-booster-gold-greg-berlanti-261801
Syfy Orders Script Based on DC Comics' 'Booster Gold' (Exclusive)
10:13 AM PST 11/22/2011 by Lacey Rose

The project, which will be penned by "Fringe's" Andrew Kreisberg, hails from Greg Berlanti's production company.

Syfy is looking to bring Booster Gold to life on the small screen.

The NBCUniversal cable network has ordered a pilot script for the one-hour drama based on the DC Comics franchise.

The project, which hails from Greg Berlanti's Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television, will count Berlanti (Brothers & Sisters, No Ordinary Family, Green Lantern) as an executive producer. Fringe's Andrew Kreisberg, who collaborated with Berlanti on ABC's Eli Stone, is on board to pen the script and executive produce. DC Comics will also receive an EP credit.

The story will center on Booster Gold, a washed-up athlete from the future who travels back to the present in hopes of becoming the greatest super hero of all time. Instead of chasing criminals, however, his main priority is chasing fame and money. But Booster Gold discovers that being a hero takes more than just a megawatt smile, and that the future doesn’t happen without first protecting the present.

The comic book character made an appearance in the 10th and final season of the CW's Smallville, where it gained still more fans.

Berlanti and Kreisberg, whose other credits include Warehouse 13 and Red Faction: Origins, are both repped by WME.

Email: Lacey.Rose@thr.com
Twitter: @LaceyVRose

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series Empty Re: Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:36 am

Hm. I'm guessing this isn't a Smallville spinoff then.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series Empty Re: Syfy Orders Possible Booster Gold Live action series

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:22 am

Probably not. But I wish it best of luck. Sv take was pretty good. So if this crew does well I can't wait. As for booster pick I definately like to see the guy who plays devin on chuck. He would be free now with chuck ending.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Dan talks about booster gold:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=52302
Recently news was announced that SyFy Channel had ordered a pilot for the character Booster Gold, which you created. Will you have any input on that television show?

Not at present.

Is there anything about Booster Gold that you think may not translate to the television series?

No. I think the concepts that surround Booster fit TV very, very well. Who better to put on TV than a guy who always wants to be on TV?

Booster Gold is a fame whore, and when he was created we didn't have the Kim Kardashians of the world or the the Spencer Pratts. Do you think Booster Gold should embrace some of the modern techniques of becoming famous without doing much of anything to earn it?

I wouldn't go that far.

The basic concept of who Booster is and what he wants fits the world today even better than 1985. But it's important to remember that he's a hero as well. "Fame whore" is too strong and too negative, in terms of a description. It's just that, while other heroes are content to have their work go unrecognized, Booster enjoys the recognition, fame and financial rewards that can be a part of it.

A great running gag with Booster Gold is that he has been confused with other superheroes, or people don't say his name properly. First, is that something that you came up with? Secondly, do you think that will be part of the show?

Yeah, I believe I took that approach back when the character first debuted. I have no idea if it would be part of the show.

Do you think the show will introduce villains from the DC Universe, or come up with new villains?

I assume it would be a mixture of both.

If the show can introduce a villain from the DC universe who would you like to see go up against Booster Gold?

Probably a time based villain, like The Time Trapper.

Do you expect the character will have the ability to fly?

Oh, yeah. It's an indispensable part of who he is.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Update on booster gold:
http://ign.com/videos/2012/07/13/booster-gold-tv-series-update-comic-con-2012
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:02 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Update on booster gold:
http://ign.com/videos/2012/07/13/booster-gold-tv-series-update-comic-con-2012
Dude is handing in the script soon.

I'm a lot more interested in Booster Gold than that Arrow shit, I can tell you that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down