Potential Booster Gold series

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potential Booster Gold series

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Well it was mentioned awhile ago syfy is looking to do a booster gold live action series. Now it looks like pilot script has been handed in to syfy brass:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=58428
BOOSTER GOLD Script Now In The Hands OF Syfy Brass?

Fringe writer Andrew Kreisberg has reportedly submitted his draft for the pilot based on DC Comics’ character Booster Gold to Syfy. A "Fringe-esque" Booster Gold series seems like it would have great potential,right? Mark Julian - 4/23/2012

According to a Canadian movie website SneakPeek.ca, Fringe writer Andrew Kreisberg has turned in a draft for the hour long pilot based on DC Comics’ superhero Booster Gold to the Syfy network. I am not 100% sure on the source, so we'll leave this one in the rumor category for now. However, with CBM now putting the rumor out there, we should expect official confirmation or denial from Syfy pretty soon.

Reportedly, fans should be pleased with the pilot if it receives the green light and makes it on to television screens. Hopefully, it learns it's lessons from NBC's failed Wonder Woman attempt.

The series will be a one-hour drama based and will be executive produced by Greg Berlanti ("Brothers & Sisters").
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 pm

The producers of GA and Booster Gold (if either take off) should write a check for the former SV showrunners for all the free R&D.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  webhead2006 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Haha They sure should do that colors. As it was sv that has shown there is interest in more superhero tv shows.
avatar
webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

Posts : 4344
Points : 4854
User Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  non_amos on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 am

It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
avatar
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Posts : 2305
Points : 2717
User Reputation : 250
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 am

non_amos wrote:It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
I understand wanting to cut ties as far as continuity goes. But changing the tone to something more "realistic"... ugh!

The trend of realism in superhero media tells me that the proponents thereof understand neither superheroes nor realism.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  non_amos on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:06 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
I understand wanting to cut ties as far as continuity goes. But changing the tone to something more "realistic"... ugh!

The trend of realism in superhero media tells me that the proponents thereof understand neither superheroes nor realism.

Whatever happened to the FANTASY aspects of these films? I know I said it before but when I looked in a TV Guide back in the 80's they had SUPERMAN: the MOVIE listed as 'Fantasy' as far as it's genre went. And that was fine. So what?! I mean, ain't films still supposed to be an escape for us? If I want to see real life all the time, I'll just go to work, blah blah blah! Do you dig what I'm saying? Thanks a lot, Mr. Nolan! No
avatar
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Posts : 2305
Points : 2717
User Reputation : 250
Join date : 2010-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:11 am

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
I understand wanting to cut ties as far as continuity goes. But changing the tone to something more "realistic"... ugh!

The trend of realism in superhero media tells me that the proponents thereof understand neither superheroes nor realism.

Whatever happened to the FANTASY aspects of these films? I know I said it before but when I looked in a TV Guide back in the 80's they had SUPERMAN: the MOVIE listed as 'Fantasy' as far as it's genre went. And that was fine. So what?! I mean, ain't films still supposed to be an escape for us? If I want to see real life all the time, I'll just go to work, blah blah blah! Do you dig what I'm saying? Thanks a lot, Mr. Nolan! No
Yeppers. But the other thing is that comic books operate in a world of their own. Their own rule of law, their own laws of physics, etc. The minute you bring that shit into the real world, you're left with the unavoidable conclusion that every single last one of Batman's "arrests" will get thrown out because of innumerable civil rights violations (breaking and entering, witness tampering, theft of evidence and who the fuck knows what else). Meanwhile, Superman would get the fuck sued out of him if he ever botched a rescue or underestimated his strength when taking out a bank robber or whatever. And, to say the least, it's not possible to "catch" an airplane, push a planetary body, etc.

In fact, the only marginally realistic "superhero" I can really think of is the Punisher... and that only because of his methods.

Apart from the "escape" angle you mention (which should be good enough on its own), the underlying morality, science, law, philosophy and other elements of comic books don't easily translate into the real world.
avatar
thecolorsblend
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 4257
Points : 5802
User Reputation : 287
Join date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum