Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

+2
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Didn't see it, don't feel too bad about it either.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Page 2 Empty Re: 6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 pm

I was able to catch it one one of the links I posted earlier. As bbad of angle and speaking from crowd. There was some cool ariel shots I liked. As for bane stuff. So so about it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I don't know how long this will stay up but it's available right now my Bat-time:

Haven't even watched this one yet but about to!

EDIT TO ADD: The picture & audio was better than before but you're still hard pressed to know what Hardly is actually saying at times. Ironically the link still works as of this edit. You better hurry!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:11 pm

You know, it's funny. Every time Hardly's "Bane" spoke, it reminded me of THIS:

And I knew which one was "Bane" when they were sitting in the vehicle. Did you?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:You know, it's funny. Every time Hardly's "Bane" spoke, it reminded me of THIS:

And I knew which one was "Bane" when they were sitting in the vehicle. Did you?

Yeah. The puny one! Smile

And the prologue is still up. Unbelievable!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:45 pm

non_amos wrote:Yeah. The puny one! Smile

It goes to show that all the idiots thinking Nolan was going to do something to cover Hardly's diminutive stature were, well, idiots.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:

It goes to show that all the idiots thinking Nolan was going to do something to cover Hardly's diminutive stature were, well, idiots.

I seem to recall a certain 'Aussie' that used to be here thought so too, even based on the teaser trailer. Time for crow buffet! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:18 am

Hardly Bane's dialogue was tough to parse but... was accent is that? In various parts, it sounded like it could've been German, Russian or South American. Either there's a major goof up there or else the audio quality just isn't conclusive enough. It really could go either way.

Oh yeah, and the video was still up as of 2am Central.

The only thing I can think of is that because the image was flipped, it could take longer to remove the video. It may seem paltry but, strictly speaking, you're not supposed to have Buffy clips on YouTube. Even so, you can still watch entire Buffy episodes on YouTube because the uploader flipped the image... which, believe it or not, apparently counts as a significant enough modification to allow the video to stick around. That may be what's going on here... or, at least as likely, the lawyers are still asleep right now and haven't had a chance to issue a no-no order.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:28 am

I do hope thry will go back and fix audio. For those scenes. If nnot its going to be thing we fans complaiin on like bale bats voice. Also did any one see the article on wb a little pissed the prologue is gaining a boost for mi4 and sherlock holmes is doing less then expected so far. Well duh wb play special stuff with your films not rivals lol:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=51494
BOX OFFICE: Warner Bros. "Annoyed" With TDKR Prologue Boost For MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

The studio is said to be annoyed over missing out on the opportunity to attach TDKR prologue to Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,which has underperformed after Ghost Protocol was given a huge boost by the sixminutes of footage.

Deadline report that Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is expected to take considerably less than the previous instalment in the franchise (Sherlock Holmes made $62.3M vs. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows' expected $40M). Warner Bros. has responded to these figures, pointing out that the last one actually opened up during Christmas when children were out of school and are confident that they'll be able to make up the difference in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol has exceeded expectations, helped by the higher IMAX ticket prices and The Dark Knight Rises prologue. However, Warner Bros. are extremely annoyed with what a boost the six minutes of footage has given to Paramount as they were unable to book Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows into IMAX. This resulted in them obviously being unable to pair the prologue with their own product, missing out on an easy and free marketing opportunity. However, they have of course attached a new trailer to Holmes, possibly explaining their reluctance to release it online in a bid to earn some extra money from the hype surrounding the movie and from those unable to make it to one of the limited number of 70MM screens.

1. Sherlock Holmes: Game Of Shadows (Warner Bros) NEW [3,703 Theaters] Friday $14.7M, Saturday $15M, Weekend $40M

2. Alvin And The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Fox) NEW [3,723 Theaters] Friday $6.8M, Saturday $9.9M, Weekend $23.5M

3. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Paramount) NEW [425 Theaters] Friday $4.7M, Saturday $4.8M, Weekend $13.3M

4. New Year’s Eve (Warner Bros) Week 2 [3,505 Theaters] Friday $2.5M, Saturday $2.9M, Weekend $7.4M (-42%), Cume $24.8M)

5. The Sitter (Fox) Week 2 [2,752 Theater] Friday $1.4M, Saturday $1.8M, Weekend $4.4M (-55%), Cume $17.7M
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:25 am

Colors, what do you mean by 'flipping the image'? I did notice immediately that the DC logos & such were backwards but then the actual footage looked normal, kinda like the earlier 'leaked' version that was so incomprehensible. Even though I could make it out better now, the footage still seemed to flow the same way, i.e., I didn't get the impression i was looking at everything backwards like I did the opening credits. Please clarify. How could the footage look 'normal' if it was flipped? I'm not familiar with that anyway.

And as of nearly 10:30 AM EST the prologue is still up. Did WB take the weekend off or something?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Hardly Bane's dialogue was tough to parse but... was accent is that? In various parts, it sounded like it could've been German, Russian or South American. Either there's a major goof up there or else the audio quality just isn't conclusive enough. It really could go either way.

I believe it is a little known dialect, common to uneducated, Third World-type area's called "Nolanese". The "people" who speak in Nolanese usually say things like this:

Thegoddamnbatman52 - 12/17/2011, 6:08 AM
Im not a fanboy at all or at lest i really try not to be but i love nolans batman film's and this trailer gave me chills and made me tear abit, WOMEN? I THINK NOT!

And:
TDKR72012 - 12/17/2011, 8:16 AM
I hate to say this to you haters and all those with have doubt... but..Hmmm? I can't hear your complaining and bitching over the Awesome Chanting of of millions of people for the most anticipated movie next year! LoL TDKR will be and epic legend and the best film of all time! Period! >X)

Or:
TDKR72012 - 12/17/2011, 8:24 AM
Look you some you here don't want to watch this or nothing good to say about the film. They bother being here to complain about it? Whats your moronic opinions matter? Eh? its Childish if you ask me, so please just go off here and say no more, we fans, people who have waited a long to for a epic film like to come out, don't wanna hear people like you saying idiotic crap about nothing. I made my point. Nuff said. >_O+

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BlahBlahNews/news/?a=51440

"People" who speak Nolanese should be ridiculed, mocked and generally derided for ever having existed.

It's the humane thing to do.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:21 am

What idiocy! I had to check the link you typed because it sounded like duh Homopage! Especially that last guy! The bad grammar, the nearly incomprehensible sentence structure, the whole 9 yards! Laughing

Back to my earlier point. Although Colors hasn't answered yet about the 'flipping the image' issue, I may have discovered what he's talking about anyway. It seems that the Youtube link I posted is still working & since then I've found one with an even better picture quality although it's not Youtube. I originally found the link to this particular one here:

http://www.1channel.ch/

It seems that 'TDKR' is no longer listed at this site but their 'sister' site has this link:

http://www.watchfreemovies.ch/watch-movies/2012/watch-the-dark-knight-rises-220564/

I haven't checked out any of those links (yet) & their selection doesn't look as plentiful as what the other site had but..........I did try this link (from the 1st site) which still worked while ago even after I rebooted my computer:

http://www.novamov.com/video/7edb8f819cf00

In this version the picture quality appears even clearer & crisper. However, any improvement in audio is probably negligible & I tend to think really not as good as the Youtube version I posted. But I noticed something major. In this newest version, everything somehow seems reversed! Think of it this way: right=left, left=right. In the Youtube version, the plane appears to go around the left side of a mountain. In this version, it appears to go around the right side. And so on & so forth, even with the directions characters walk in & everything. I just watched both again & this is crystal clear. How they do it though is what I don't understand. You'd think it'd somehow throw the film off or appear in reverse, i.e., like rewinding a VHS tape, but it's not. No one is moving in reverse, no one is speaking English backwards or anything. It's really like watching the same film, only it's like a 'mirror' image. It kinda reminds me of the principle that SMALLVILLE explained for 'Earth-3' as to how they exposed Lionel Luthor as not being the real Lionel, since his fingerprints were a 'mirror image' of the regular Lionel. Now I'm sure this ain't identical or anything but it does make me think of that.

Like I said, this last link still worked while ago. I might try some others. However, warning! Continued viewing of BEAN, er, I mean, 'Bane', will just further drive home the point of just how pathetic this really is! Arrow

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:34 am

non_amos wrote:Back to my earlier point. Although Colors hasn't answered yet about the 'flipping the image' issue, I may have discovered what he's talking about anyway. It seems that the Youtube link I posted is still working & since then I've found one with an even better picture quality although it's not Youtube. I originally found the link to this particular one here:
And...
non_amos wrote:In this version the picture quality appears even clearer & crisper. However, any improvement in audio is probably negligible & I tend to think really not as good as the Youtube version I posted. But I noticed something major. In this newest version, everything somehow seems reversed! Think of it this way: right=left, left=right. In the Youtube version, the plane appears to go around the left side of a mountain. In this version, it appears to go around the right side. And so on & so forth, even with the directions characters walk in & everything. I just watched both again & this is crystal clear.
That's pretty much what I meant. The "negative" is flipped in the posted YouTube video. It's not as tricky as it may seem. A lot of digital projectors permit this sort of thing as you may want to project from the front or from behind. Your method of projection will then dictate which "direction" the image is facing.

non_amos wrote:How they do it though is what I don't understand. You'd think it'd somehow throw the film off or appear in reverse, i.e., like rewinding a VHS tape, but it's not. No one is moving in reverse, no one is speaking English backwards or anything. It's really like watching the same film, only it's like a 'mirror' image.
Yep. To be fair, I said "flipped image" when probably "reversed image" might've been the better way to phrase it. Anyway. They're not reversing the flow of the movie exactly, they're simply altering the orientation of the image. It's a lot harder to describe than it is to make so here's a representation.

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Page 2 B010210_dreamgirl_process

The figure drawn in purple is the same drawing but one is reversed. You can tell by the positioning of her arms.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Bug-Eyed Earl Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:42 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

I said it was possible, but that it would require doubles and there had been no sightings of bigger dudes in Bane costumes at the time.

Bug-Eyed Earl
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169215-the-nolans-on-banes-voice-in-the-dark-knight-rises

The Nolans on Bane's Voice in The Dark Knight Rises
by SuperHeroHype
January 12, 2012

Did you have trouble understanding Tom Hardy's Bane in the prologue for The Dark Knight Rises that is playing in front of Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in select IMAX theaters? You were not the only one.

However, both director Christopher Nolan and his co-writer and brother Jonathan Nolan say you have nothing to worry about. Talking to Entertainment Weekly, Chris Nolan said: "I think when people see the film, things will come into focus. Bane is very complex and very interesting and when people see the finished film people will be very entertained by him."

Jonah Nolan added the following when speaking to CraveOnline: "I gotta tell you, I think what Tom Hardy's doing with the role is spectacular. I have the benefit of seeing a little bit more than the audience has seen at this point. It's pretty spectacular."

He also talked about the prologue's action sequence in the air. "I think Chris had long wanted to do sort of the aerial spectacular. It's such a good fit for the IMAX cameras that he likes to shoot with and so that was a long time in the making."

Were you able to understand Bane? Do you worry about his voice in the full film opening on July 20?

And here we..........GO! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:54 am

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Page 2 Bane-audio-reworked-in-dark-knight-rises-web__oPt
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:58 am

What he said!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:53 am

Huh???
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:02 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Huh???

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Page 2 Batman-vertical-bane-bop
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:04 am

"For his role as 'Bane', Oscar Award nominee Tom Hardly!" Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 am

non_amos wrote:"For his role as 'Bane', Oscar Award nominee Tom Hardly!" Laughing

Maybe a Grammy too???

6 Minute Prologue For TDKR attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Page 2 Funny-celebrity-pictures-aint-no-sunshine-when-shes-gone
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 am

That must be when he destroys the football stadium. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:24 am

non_amos wrote:That must be when he destroys the football stadium. Suspect
Heh, it does look like he's belting out a tune. "It's not unusual..."
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next