Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBay misadventures

4 posters

Go down

eBay misadventures Empty eBay misadventures

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 pm

So I bought some Walking Dead comics off eBay back in July. I had a hole in my Walking Dead collection, you see, and I've been trying like crazy to fill it. Because I'm a moron, I accidentally didn't buy WD #79 because I couldn't remember which issues I already had and which ones I did (this was before I got a box at my LCS). I've since fixed this situation by keeping a little note file on my phone.

But #79? Gah! The prices for it on eBay were crazy! CRAZY, I tell you!

But when you're a collector, time is ultimately on your side (to a point anyway). If you're patient enough, you'll eventually find not only the very thing you're looking for, but at a price only an idiot would turn his back on.

I found the missing issue for sale inside a lot of other WD comics that I already own. Even when you factored in shipping, the total still came out to less than cover price each. Remember what I wrote about being an idiot? So I bought 'em, right?

That was back in July.

However, the damn things STILL haven't arrived! Grarrgh! So I sent the seller a patient (but still pissed off) e-mail basically saying "omgwtf, where are my comics, you butt-nugget?!?!"

Some back and forth ensued.

So today, the dipstick finally sent an e-mail which said the following:

01- "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I could have sold these things for *SO* much morse!"

Would've, should've, could've, motherfucker! I'm not the idiot who listed them for less than cover price; I'm the idiot who paid for 'em and wants his stuff already! I swear, this prick will make a good little Democrat some day.

02- "The comics were put in the mail today."

Almost a full month between payment and shipment. Even the US government does better than that, most of the time!

Anyway. Whatever, at least they're coming now.

Like I said, I need #79 for my collection. But the irony here is that I also now want the duplicates to, heh heh, fill out a Walking Dead eBay lot that I'm putting together. I managed to get my hands on the SDCC variant of WD #87 a few weeks ago. I plan to sell those as well as an autographed Morning Glories comic I picked up at a con a few weeks ago probably around November or December (ie, after season 2 of the WD show starts).

Anyway. The seller guy's an asshole.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

eBay misadventures Empty Re: eBay misadventures

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:31 pm

i havenet faired much on ebay in many yrs. only things i have gotten from there was a 4th draft script of back to the future 1, the comics they had based off the tv show sliders, and some spider-man related comics. But if i remember right didnt have any issues with the sellers. But hey at least you are finally getting them.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 pm

A fucking month LATE! Don't defend the asshole!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 am

oh i wasnt trying to man, that is a bull move to put on a buyer.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 am

Dude, I get pissed when my orders from Amazon take over a WEEK to get to me.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 am

I sold on eBay for nearly a year but got tired of it because, even though I was selling some decent collector's items, mainly LP albums but other things too. Anyway, I quit selling because even though at times I was getting HUNDREDS of dollars in my PayPal account, I then got slapped with DUH FEES. Oh sure, I knew in advance they had fees but I didn't realize just how ridiculous it could get! There was a 3-month stretch last year that I was having to pay eBay over 100 bucks per month just for the seller's fees! That didn't even count PayPal's fees which were automatically deducted from the total dollar amount of said sales! But isn't PayPal owned by eBay?! Can you say DOUBLE-DIPPING?! But that's not all. I had to buy all these shipping supplies to ship them with. More expense! And then had to go to the post office & pay postage. Oh sure, the buyer paid for shipping, right? Sure. Some shipping! Nevertheless I 'estimated' that, based on all the supplies I had to purchase vs. what the buyer was paying me, I was probably losing over one dollar per record album, but that adds up! To make matters worse, I sometimes ran into the disgruntled customer whom you could not work with to save your life! So earlier this year I just washed my hands of selling. Unless you're a 'smooth' seller, you'd be better off getting a part-time job if you need extra income. At least that way most of the money would be cleared money!

Colors, as to your problem, you can file a complaint directly with eBay itself against the seller. You are also supposed to be protected so that you can get your money back if necessary. And you can always leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK afterward.

EDIT TO ADD: I've found BUYING on eBay to be a better experience for the most part. Yeah, sometimes you get crap & have to file claims but most of the time I get decent items when I buy there & I also get some good deals.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:52 am

Negative feedback? TOXIC feedback, more like.

And filing complaints and shit gets you nothing. If I've got a beef with a seller (in the capacity of purchasing for my job, not for my personal life), I just charge the shit back on the company's credit card. Sorry, but life's too short to deal with eBay and PayPal's unending forms and e-mails and motherfucking instant messages. Charge it back to the credit card and simplify your life.

I'm not there yet with this seller and it seems it won't be necessary... but I NEVER take it off the table.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Filed the toxic feedback. In response, the seller sent me a cussy, profane e-mail... which I was only too happy to forward on to eBay as "abusive" (which it was, let's face the facts). I doubt anything meaningful will be done (this is eBay after all) but at least the gesture has been made.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Did you get your items yet?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Oh yes, very definitely. I wasn't about to file the toxic feedback until I had comics in-hand. Once I did... lock and load!

But somehow, I'm the asshole here because he for whatever reason couldn't send the shit to me for almost a full month. The guy's a tool.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Oh yes, very definitely. I wasn't about to file the toxic feedback until I had comics in-hand. Once I did... lock and load!

But somehow, I'm the asshole here because he for whatever reason couldn't send the shit to me for almost a full month. The guy's a tool.

This is why I stopped using eBay YEARS ago. Why have a "Feedback" option, if the Seller can go back and LIE about what really happened?

That happened to me one too many times.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down