Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eBay is my friend

Go down

eBay is my friend Empty eBay is my friend

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Trying to fill out my collection of Marvel crossover events. Just picked up complete runs of/missing issues from Secret War (2004), House of M, Civil War, Secret Invasion, Siege and Age of Heroes. Only the core limited series, mind you; few (if any) tie-in's. (A) I'm not made of money here and (B) there'll be time to collect those tie-in limited series and one-shots later. Right now, the focus has to be the core series themselves.

I've read Civil War already but I want the single issues because I love this series (shit, this'd make good fodder for a future Avengers film). No, it's not perfect. No, the ending isn't as good as it could've been. But I still admire it for having balls. Say whatever you want about the modern comic industry's obsession with crossovers/events, but for my money Marvel does the job better than DC. And I'm speaking as a lifelong DC guy so hopefully that tells you something. Hell, this has started to affect my buying habits for each company. Right now, Marvel's running with Fear Itself while DC obviously has Flashpoint. Well, why not just stick with those main series and skip the monthlies I'm not already collecting? Saves money and you still get the complete story. If it's a kickass series, go buy the tie-ins as back issues later. Nothing's saying you can't, right?

Anyway. eBay. Dude, right now, it's a buyer's market on eBay. Whatever you need, not only can you find it on eBay but odds are good you'll pay less for the individual issues on eBay than you would for the fucking trade at Barnes & Noble or what have you.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down