Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Marvel Slate From Disney

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:22 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.

Um, isn't there a 'Hulk' TV-series in the works?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:23 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.

Um, isn't there a 'Hulk' TV-series in the works?

Yeah, there's supposed to be one that's being done By Guillermo Del Toro, either directed , or produced, or both, I'd have to read up on it again. There's some threads on here somewhere about it, one of which I believe I started.

Anyway, I believe the gist was that it was to focus on the 'early days' of the Hulk & Bruce Banner's relationship with Betty Ross. Banner was not gonna be portrayed by Mark Ruffalo but by someone else (again). The Hulk himself was to be a combination of CGI and prosthetics. Probably something similar to what Del Toro did with Hellboy. Possibly similar to how they did the Thing in the Fantastic 4 films. The Hulk probably wouldn't look like the Marvel Studios version but then again, it's the early days, right?

On one hand I want a new TV series. OTOH I have some reservations. For one thing, these plans were made before we even had a teaser trailer for the Avengers. At that point it was anyone's guess what the Hulk would look like or be like. But now we know. And now the public is catching on too. So part of my concern is that they come out with a new TV series immediately after the Avengers but it has absolutely nothing to do with the Avengers or even that version of the Hulk! So now matter how successful the film is, we have a new TV Hulk who doesn't look the same & who is also obviously following a completely different continuity story-wise. Almost like an 'alternate reality' version. As a matter of fact, it won't even be like the original series because of the inclusion of Betty Ross & the lean more so towards the comics. But it also won't be like the Avengers which by that point will have also obliterated the DVD market.

I guess you could say that my concern is that now is the time for the Hulk to shine & I'm just afraid that they're gonna further confuse the audience & that's not doing the character justice. I'd rather have stability. I was more on board for the new series, that is, until I've been deluged with all of this promotional material for the Avengers. Now I'm not so sure. I'd still most likely support the series but now I'd be more like 'guilty until proven innocent'.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 pm

There is, and I do hope it gets off the ground. But hasn't been much news on that in awhile. Same with some of marvel's other live action tv stuff. Heck if the show will be connected to movie verse. If they don't plan to do any more solo hulks for time being might as well have ruffalo do tv hulk. Hasn't he don't some tv work in the past? But maybe after avengers hits, maybe kevin/marvel would change there tune on solo hulk. Business wise I could see the point in just using hulk as needed. Since do they really want to chance another 100+ mill for a film and it under preforms. I definately would be done for another though.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Antman update:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60046
Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN May Have Already Been Given The Green Light

A reliable source indicates that the word around this year's Cannes Film Festival is that Marvel Studios have finally given Ant-Man the green light! Not a lot of details for now,but read on for details. Josh Wilding - 5/19/2012

News on Ant-Man (from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz writer and director Edgar Wright) was slow for a while, but the success of Marvel's The Avengers and some hints from both Kevin Feige and Edgar Wright himself - find that HERE - reignited interest in the long talked about adaptation. Well, @TwitchFilm has revealed something very interesting indeed, as you can see from the Tweet below.

Rumblings in #Cannes are that @edgarwright's ANT MAN has been greenlit. #rumor

— TWITCH (@TwitchFilm) May 19, 2012

Wright is currently teaming up with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost for At World's End, but some have already speculated that he will start shooting Ant-Man for Marvel either at the end of this year or sometime during 2013 (putting it on track to be the mystery 2014 release from the studio). This is a reliable source and the Cannes Film Festival seems like a fitting location for news like this to hit. With rumours like this now kicking off, here's hoping it spurs Disney and Marvel Studios to finally make an official announcement.

Source: Twitter (@TwitchFilm)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Marvel filing trademmarks for guardians of the galaxy:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62297
Marvel Starts Filing Trademarks For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Well,this is intriguing! Marvel has apparently filed a bunch of trademarks for everything Guardians of the Galaxy related. Something to do with the planned big screen adaptation or Brian Michael Bendis' rumoured comic book series? Read on for details. Josh Wilding - 6/25/2012

Following the news that work might finally be moving ahead on Ant-Man, our friends over at Bleeding Cool have made a rather interesting discovery about another planned Marvel Studios movie; Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel Comics have just filed eleven new trademark applications for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY covering everything from jewelery to beverages to furniture to cosmetics. The applications cover International Classes 3, 14, 16, 20, 24, 29, 30, 32, 35, 41, 42, and also include computer games, fabrics, foods, paper goods, entertainment and internet services, and even retail store services.

It is of course possible that Marvel are simply planning on increasing the sorts of merchandise available for these characters following the rumoured launch of a new Guardians of the Galaxy series by Brian Michael Bendis after the conclusion of Avengers Vs. X-Men. However, it seems far more likely that this is in fact in preparation for the planned big screen outing for the characters, despite the fact that they may still be a good few years away from their live action debut. Be sure to sound off with your thoughts on all of this in the usual spot.

another antman update:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/25/the-ant-man-comics-that-may-make-the-ant-man-movie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29
The Ant Man Comics That May Make The Ant Man Movie

There’s something very special about the three central London shops, Orbital, Forbidden Planet and Gosh, in that they are flanked by all the major movie studio offices in London, as well as all the production companies that create special effects and the like. Through a bagel on Wardour Street and you’ll hit three people working on Gollum’s foreskin.

So when one of them needs some research materials but doesn’t want to wait for the West Coast to wake up, where do they go?

Over the last three weeks, I hear that four separate people have been into Gosh Comics looking for Ant Man comics. Lots of Ant Man comics, in any condition.

Here’s the thing. No one asks for Ant Man comics. Not even, I’m told, when Marvel was still publishing Ant Man comics. Each time the individuals have been asked if it’s for the Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish film and they jump back, spooked, asking how they could possibly know…

Today, the fourth individual had a specific request, wanting reference for Ant Man‘s “echo time locator” from “the old series”.

Both Gosh! (and me) were at a loss. Can anyone shed light on this?

And guess where it may be appearing in the movie?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Another Antman Update:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-edgar-wright-343191?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29
Edgar Wright Directing 'Ant-Man' Test Reel (Exclusive)

4:17 PM PDT 6/28/2012 by Borys Kit

Wright and Joe Cornish co-wrote the script for the project based on Marvel hero Hank Pym.

As speculation continues to swirl around the mystery of what Marvel movie will be released in May, 2014 — here's hoping that Comic-Con will provide some answers — Edgar Wright just quietly wrapped production on Ant-Man.

But before your start hitting the tweet button, know this: it’s not the long-awaited Ant-Man movie but rather an Ant-Man test reel.

PHOTOS: 10 Top Summer Superheroes Movies Of All Time: Battle of Box Office Brawn

Ant-Man is based on Marvel hero Hank Pym, a scientist who discovered a way to alter his size. He used a helmet to control armies of ants and also was a founding member of the Avengers. (Two other characters took up the mantle after Pym moved on — one a thief named Scott Lang, and the other a sketchy SHIELD agent.)

Ant-Man, with Wright involved, was on the initial Marvel Studios slate that the company announced in the mid-2000s as it put Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk into development. But Ant-Man was then sidelined as the focus turned to the heroes that eventually ended up this summer’s Avengers.

Wright has focused on other projects in the meantime, but he has also spent time nailing the Ant-Man script, which he co-wrote with Joe Cornish.

PHOTOS: New Generation of Superheroes

Then, in mid-June, he spent just under a week shooting footage for a reel that will be used to test out the potential look and tone of his movie, as well as to decide how convincing Ant-man's powers look on screen.

But even if it all passes muster, Ant-Man won’t be Wright’s next movie. That honor goes to The World’s End, a comedy that reteams him with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost that is slated to shoot this fall.

Test reels are not uncommon for certain projects, especially those that fall into the stylized or risky categories. Zack Snyder made one for 300, Jonathan Liebesman made one for Battle: LA, and Guillermo del Toro made one for At the Mountains of Madness. They are not widely circulated but gems to those that have seen them.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is one of the 2014 marvel films:
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/exclusive-marvels-2014-movie-revealed/
EXCLUSIVE: Marvel’s 2014 Movie Revealed!

Posted on 6.28.12 by Da7e

They’ve been buying up domain names as we rapidly approach Comic Con, everyone knows Marvel is about to drop a movie-bomb on us and now, Latino Review knows what it is.

Usually good old Da7e is trotted out of his studding pasture to talk to you about comics he knows something about, this – however – is bit out of my league and, of course, out of THIS WORLD.

Marvel’s plan has been 2 superhero movies in their Unified Film Universe each year. Next year will bring us the new entries into the ‘Thor’ and ‘Iron Man’ and 2014 will bring us ‘Captain America 2′ and… GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney - Page 2 HziF8tPDE4Rl7pmiNVIGdEzcBcQo80nbHPyB2HmaqNBKx-xavMi8yfIixSikOnfwNRrCuNG2yt9pL_3kreKKS9uWwNqotL-n-RA=s320
The Marvel comics universe is called 616. Long story, just accept it. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a team of superheroes from the future of Universe 691. There, an evil alien race called the Badoom is trying to take over the universe. And then the Badoom create the Korvac, and… don’t worry, we have until 2014 to slowly educate ourselves on Guardians of the Galaxy.

The important thing is, at some point, the Guardians get all time-hoppy and jet back to the 20th century (yes, 20th. Probably the 21st in the movie universe) to meet with the Avengers and fight some aliens.

The Guardians have been made up of several third-tier Marvel characters in the past and a Volume 2 reboot that took place in 2008. I’m going to save myself a lot of copy-and-paste and link to the wikipedia list of Guardians here. You probably haven’t heard of most of them.

What else do we know about Guardians of the Galaxy?

- It will be announced as Marvel’s second 2014 movie at Comic Con

- Thanos is in it.

- It will “lead up to” The Avengers 2 in 2015.

- ”THE SCRIPT IS INCREDIBLE”
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney - Page 2 BIESI95zSX1sjMEuMJgMaLGFIvlKjUPrfFleQi4qSQ1npDGU82j89vTfbmSPBE7kgntcd-H7dmp8ZYLb-d7AWZxlwLo81wA4=s320
So let’s parse some of that.

One: The end credits scene at the end of The Avengers was both a teaser for ‘Avengers 2′ AND ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Two: The Guardians being added to the Unified Universe means the theorhetical chronological order of Marvel Unified Movie Universe Phase 2 is:

‘Iron Man 3′ ‘Thor 2′ ‘Captain America 2′ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ Hulk gets the shaft.

Three: If I were to point you in the direction of a comic to read to theorizewhat Guardians of the Galaxy would be about, I’d suggest you go buy The Thanos Imperative.

Four: Nova. Expect Nova. There’s got to be a reason that Nova keeps showing up in stuff like Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s AvX. He’s not a Guardian per se, but he’s the most recognizable Marvel space character to the all-important “we’re young and buy toys” demographic.

Cool?
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney - Page 2 Emailupdated
Cool.

I’m sure I’ll have more to piss Marvel off in the future. Stay here with Latino-Review.
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney - Page 2 UGjFlw8Rr7PhFf1xup9-nn_yrtbCF9ljXqWcq0GTsTWUp4HMIyRO9A1CYtT7zygdJfdHvOGUbuKJs_NfidpNGVEpFnE1G11bsA=s320
Talkin’ Bout Marvel:

Hey Marvel employees! Bonus points if you’re including Rocket Racoon, andI’ll beat any voice actor you find to play him with a lower bid for my similar services.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Now its confirmed Big hero 6 animated film happening:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/29/disney-animation-confirms-plans-for-marvels-big-hero-6-breaking/
Disney Animation teams up with Marvel for ‘Big Hero 6′ — BREAKING By Anthony Breznican

Image Credit: Marvel Walt Disney Studios animation is officially joining forces with Marvel.

Big Hero 6 is not as well known as The Avengers, but it’s another group of powerful individuals with wildly different histories and powers, united by the Japanese government as a crisis-fighting super-squad.

Disney reps confirmed to EW that the film is in the early stages of development, though they declined to specify which filmmakers are involved. As Hollywood heads into Comic-Con next month, rumors are swirling …

With Marvel also developing a live-action version of its Guardians of the Galaxy series, this will be the second major test of whether cult-favorite characters from deeper within the company’s collection of heroes will be able to connect with mainstream moviegoers.

Members of Big Hero 6 include:

Sunfire — who can harness the power of solar energy to blast his enemies.

Silver Samurai — a sword-swinging warrior with a history of tangling with Wolverine.

Hiro — A 13-year-old boy genius.

Honey Lemon — who can draw practically any object she needs from a mystical purse that’s a portal to another dimension.

Baymax — A giant robot created by Hiro who can shapeshift into a dragon form.

Go-Go Tomago — a woman in a high-tech, voice-controlled suit, who can propel herself through the air in an egg-shaped ball of energy.

When you think about it, what problem couldn’t be solved by a sun god, a robot dragon, a smarty-pants kid, a woman with a magic purse, a samurai made of precious metal, and an energy ball?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:57 am

The other 2014 film release date moved:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/171471-marvels-untitled-movie-gets-a-new-release-date
Marvel's Untitled Movie Gets a New Release Date by Spencer Perry July 03, 2012 Share this story

From May to August

The as-of-yet unannounced Marvel film for 2014 has been moved from it's original release date of May 16, 2014 to August 1, 2014.

No word yet still about what the film is though speculation points toward Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep an eye here for more news on this, which will undoubtedly be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

The other films Marvel has slated are Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013, Thor 2 on November 15, 2013 and Captain America 2 on April 4, 2014.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Antman news today:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/13/marvel-to-detail-plans-for-ant-man-in-hall-h-panel-tomorrow-night/
Marvel To Detail Plans For Ant Man In Hall H Panel Tomorrow Night?

I have just attended the premiere screening of Marvel short film Item 47. After the film, there was a Q&A, and a number of the questions were grasps for gossip on future plans for the Marvel Studios shared universe.

Only one struck gold.

A young fan – and I mean young – asked if there were plans to use Avengers 2 to introduce Ant Man or Wasp. Of course, there was no definitive answer from any of the assembled Marvel talent.

But Anthony Breznican, chairing the panel, went ahead and said it.

He told the lil’ fan that he would definitely want to be in Marvel’s panel tomorrow.

Now, I don’t have the exact quote, but Breznican repeated himself. He said it twice. He left mein no doubt. I think Marvel are going to make some Ant Man plans clear in their panel tomorrow.

Does this mean that we’ll be seeing Edgar Wright on stage? Could they possibly unveil his test footage, that we already know is in the can? Or might they even announce some casting?

Stranger things have happened than all of the above, and at Comic-Con too. Stay tuned.

Antman logo:
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney - Page 2 287482978492

Last edited by webhead2006 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Marvel president teases more marvel studios 2014 slate:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=63807
Marvel Co-President Teases GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & BLACK PANTHER

Marvel will reveal plans for their 2014 movie at their SDCC panel today. It is expected to be GOTG,but Marvel co-president Louis D'Esposito also teases another movie that was rumored first - Black Panther.. Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 7/14/2012

MTV caught up with Louis D'Esposito at Comic-Con and asked him about the mysterious 2014 Marvel movie that is going to be announced in Hall H later today. It is widely believed to be Guardians Of The Galaxy, but there have also been rumors of it being Black Panther - or perhaps it'll be none of the above! D'Esposito wouldn't reveal it outright of course, but he did explain the reasoning behind choosing the character(s) they have selected, saying ""It can always be an "Iron Man," "Thor" and "Cap". We need to grow from there.". MTV then asked him about both potential movies, and he definitely hints that either are possibilities, while suggesting GOTG might be a while away, and Black Panther comes with a few difficulties in adaptation.

On Guardians Of The Galaxy..

"That would be Marvel in space," he said. "That's a great concept and a great idea, and potentially one of our films in the future."

On Black Panther..

"He has a lot of the same characteristics of a Captain America: great character, good values," said the Marvel exec. "But it's a little more difficult, maybe, creating [a world like Wakanda]. It's always easier basing it here. For instance, 'Iron Man 3' is rooted right here in Los Angeles and New York. When you bring in other worlds, you're always faced with those difficulties."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:55 pm

Since the superman footage leaked. I would love seeing the antman test footage that was screened during the marvel panel.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Antman could possibly be 3rd film for 2014:
http://www.slashfilm.com/edgar-wrights-antman-marvels-film-2014/#more-131617
Edgar Wright’s ‘Ant-Man’ Could Be Marvel’s Third Film in 2014 Posted on Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 by Russ Fischer

Marvel Studios has been fairly solid in its plan to release two films per year over the next few years. But there’s a movie that might help the outfit change that plan: Edgar Wright‘s Ant-Man, which made its very early debut last weekend at Comic Con via impressive test-footage Wright shot just a couple weeks back.

Marvel co-president Louis D’Esposito (director of the new short Item 47) talked in an interview about a couple different subjects, including the possibility of squeezing Ant-Man into the 2014 schedule, should Wright be able to jump right from his production The World’s End to the Marvel film.

D’Esposito covers a few different topics in his interview, but here’s what he had to say about packing one year’s schedule a little more tight than others:

That might be an opportunity where we do a third film, depending on his schedule when he finishes World’s End. But he’s such a competent filmmaker; the script is in great shape. The test will prove a lot of things on the visual effects front: how do we handle the shrinking, obviously, and the scale issues, because when he’s small he’s a half-inch. So we’re gonna work that out, maybe that’s when we do a third film.

Presumably, there are multiple reasons to get Wright behind the camera for Ant-Man sooner rather than later, and once the film is done Marvel won’t want to sit on the picture. The good news is that, based on what we saw, Ant-Man would be a movie that could easily play outside the typical summer tentpole season — it could be Marvel’s entry into the fall calendar. And while he doesn’t mention a year specifically, the time frame would have to be 2014, before The Avengers 2 comes around. (And what are the chances that Marvel is considering Wright as a director for that sequel?)

And on that front, the co-pres of Marvel also talks about the idea of giving small Marvel characters time in lesser-budgeted movies that might be rated R. That doesn’t sound very likely, as the cost of marketing a movie is high enough that if Marvel is going to put muscle behind something, they want it to have the potential to be huge. So it’s going to be tentpole stuff all the way. That said, he also mentions that people seem to respond better to original content (such as his short film Item 47) than deleted scenes on DVDs, so we can expect to see more of those.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Antman gearing up for 2013 production:
http://m.latino-review.com/2012/07/30/exclusive-ant-man-gearing-london-thor-2/
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Ant-Man’ Gearing Up For London After ‘Thor 2′

Posted on 7.30.12 by Da7e

Hello Marvelites!

Got a nice, juicy bit of scoopage for you. The current rumor buzzing around the internet after Edgar Wright’s ‘Ant-Man’ test footage debuted at San Diego Comic Con is that ‘Ant-Man’ could possibly be added to Marvel’s 2014 slate (joining ‘Guardians’ and ‘Cap 2′), kicking off the oft-rumored Marvel strategy of adding a third in-continuity film during these Phase 2 years.

Looks like that rumor has some teeth and we’ve exclusively learned that, as of this moment, the plan is for ‘Ant-Man’ to step into Marvel’s London production branch once principal photography on ‘Thor: The Dark World’ wraps. Thor is expected to go in front of cameras this August…so soon.

It would appear the race is on to get Edgar Wright’s ‘The World’s End’ into production if Marvel is expecting him to slide into London come late spring/early summer 2013. The Simon Pegg/Nick Frost trilogy capper would likely face a schedule where post-production had some serious overlap with pre-production on ‘Ant-Man,’ but that’s just speculation.

What’s real is that Marvel is gearing up for ‘Ant-Man’ to shoot in London after ‘Thor 2′ which means it’s likely going to be Marvel Studios’ third major 2014 release.

Talkin’ ‘Bout Marvel:

What does Marvel have in common with Jacob from Lost? They both have a potential John Locke problem.

In Marvel’s case it’s The John Locke Foundation, a North Carolina-based conservative think tank, distributing a report arguing against North Carolina’s film-industry tax incentives (even after, or more-likely because, new reports have NC’s 2012 film revenue setting records over $300 million).

We don’t know if this political dust-up is causing any turmoil directly, but if this continues like it’s going, look for ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ to possibly switch venues while ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ might set up somewhere not Carolina or London as well.

Latino-Review.com : Bringing you news in the afterthought tags of other scoops.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanos creator on how he like him to be used:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66873
Jim Starlin Dishes On Thanos' Portrayal Potentially In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Sharing who he'd like to see portray and voice the Mad Titan in his next cinematic appearance,Thanos' creator Jim Starlin also offers thoughts regarding his inclusion in Guardians of the Galaxy. DCMarvelFreshman - 9/6/2012

Chatting exclusively with Comic Book Therapy at the Dragon*Con convention, comic book writer Jim Starlin shared more thoughts regarding The Avengers mid-credits surprise, Thanos, in which created, and the villain's future appearance in Marvel's cinematic universe. While that appearance is said to be in the 2014 Guardians of the Galaxy adaptation, Starlin also reveals who he thinks could voice the Mad Titan.

“This past week the head of the Marvel studios said that Thanos was going to be,I guess,the centerpiece of the Guardians movie and going into Avengers 2. I don’t read as many comic books as I used to,as I recall the Guardians are in the future but they have all these characters in it now that are in the present like Draxand Gamora and all that. Are they still in the future?”

“Ok,so they are in this time zone alright. I think it’s pretty cool actually. I will be curious to see more of Thanos. We only saw that head and shoulder shot. The little filigree they added to the armor was kind of nice. I can’t wait to see the whole guy and hear him speak.”

“I had thought about Idris Elba [voicing Thanos],who is an English actor I always thought about. He is already appearing as Heimdall. There were rumors going around that Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to be tapped for it,which at first I thought was a bad idea but then I caught him in the news since his post-cancer treatment and he has Thanos’ voice. He has this real gravelly voice and he would probably work well. Couldn’t think of anybody else I’d throw out off the top of my head.”

It was revealed that Damion Poitier donned Thanos' makeup and prosthetics for his cameo in The Avengers. However, it's unknown if the actor will fill the purple villain's shoes in future speaking roles. Anyhow, for the full interview, where Jim Starlin discusses Thanos: Son of Titan's cancellation, head over to Comic Book Therapy.

Marvel Studios presents “Guardians of the Galaxy”—the big cinematic event exploring an interstellar super hero team-up, featuring Marvel characters Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot and Rocket Raccoon. While story details are under wraps, the film is rumored to lead with a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.

From a screenplay by Nicole Perlman and Chris McCoy, “Guardians of the Galaxy” is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “Guardians of the Galaxy,” first published in 1969 and revived in 2008. While a director and ensemble cast have yet to be announced, “Guardians of the Galaxy” will assemble on August 1, 2014. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures will distribute the film. In addition to “Guardians of the Galaxy”, Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on other iconic Marvel characters including “Iron Man 3” on May 3, 2013; “Thor: The Dark World ” on November 8, 2013; “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” on April 4, 2014; and the currently-untitled sequel to “Marvel's The Avengers,” the third highest grossing film of all time, on May 1, 2015.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next