Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney Empty 2014 Marvel Slate From Disney

Post  webhead2006 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Disney has targeted two marvel films for 2014:
http://comicbookmovie.com/marvel_comics/news/?a=43927
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney Empty Re: 2014 Marvel Slate From Disney

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 pm

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney Disney%20Release%20Schedule%202014
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 pm

VERY interesting...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:41 am

I hope its antman and dr strange. Or strange/antman and a cap sequel.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:49 am

I think I can skip anything related to Antman, personally.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I think I can skip anything related to Antman, personally.

Speaking of Antman, I don't understand why he & Wasp ain't gonna be in THE AVENGERS, especially as I believe they were charter members. The HULK was a charter member but left almost as soon as he got there! Too uncontrollable I guess, although that version was presented as having intelligence, but in a way like the 'Gray Hulk' that they brought back in the 80's. Not like the 'Banner-controlled' Hulk.

Anyway, Antman & Wasp were original members. Antman also quickly back then became GIANT-MAN & in the 70's called his giant self GOLIATH. Henry Pym (Antman) went on to 'create' ULTRON, the evil android who would become a major adversary of the Avengers & I'll tell you the truth, Ultron would be a worthy villain for an Avengers sequel! Ultron even 'transformed' the original HUMAN TORCH into THE VISION. Vision also became a member of the Avengers.

So I guess my point is, since Henry Pym & his wife had such a major role in the Avengers comics, why are they being left out now?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:03 am

Just saw this over at cbm and thought to post it here to discuss take of course for grain of salt:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieMaster/news/?a=53622
SPOILERS: Tons Of Details For Marvel's Upcoming Slate Leaked?
According to an email from a Marvel insider I received, details for Avengers 2 and Marvel's future plans have been floating around different movie sites, but haven't been posted. Possible major spoilers after the jump
MovieMaster - 1/28/2012

With the release of The Avengers only 98 days away, anticipation has reached an all time high. Promotion for all 3 major CBM's is well underway, and today I bring you some highly plausible spoilers. He wished to remain anonymous, but from the information he told me about his position at Marvel he sounded like the real deal. There's a high chance this is fake, but it fits in with previous rumors we've heard about the movie before. Check it out below...

Marvel's 2014 Movies: Black Panther, Ant-Man and Doctor Strange

Marvel's 2015 Movies: Namor, Avengers 2 and Captain America 2

-At the end of Avengers, Bruce Banner finds a cure for Hulk and leaves the team.

-Black Widow and Hawkeye are de-promoted back to regular S.H.I.E.L.D agents because Nick Fury wants the team to be, "strictly superhero filled".

-Black Widow is in Cap 2. She is revealed as a spy for HYDRA. She is killed.

-In Doctor Strange, Dormammu is the main villain.

-Black Panther and Ant Man join the Avengers (there's Wasp too), but Hulk is at large again. The cure backfired, he is now permenantly Hulk. As a result, he is cleverer than how he is depicted in other incarnations, and can speak properly. Doctor Strange comes across Hulk and Namor (how they came across each other hasn't been decided yet) and they form their own superhero team, the Defenders. Avengers and Defenders are on speaking terms, they get along well and acknowledge that there are more superheroes in the world. Dormammu teams up with Kang the Conquerer to trick Avengers and Defenders into going to find the Infinity Gems, fighting along the way.

-In case you hadn't noticed, Infinity Gems feature in The Avengers. Loki wields the Mind gem. It's powers have been tweaked alot, and it allows for the wielder to actully control other's minds. This is how Loki gets his army. Thanos IS in the movie
, Loki uses the Mind Gem to trick him. They've had to change alot of aspects of the characters and story arcs to fit the big screen, but Thanos is the ruler of the Negative Zone and Annihilus are Loki's army.

Yeah, I spat out whatever I was eating as well. We've heard before that Annhilius would be the villains of the movie, and that Thanos is in the movie. I did some digging, and the supposed plot for Avengers 2 seems to be based on a 1970's arc where Dormammu teams up with Loki to trick the Avengers into fighting the Defenders and fighting the remaining pieces of the Evil Eye of Avalon. Check it out HERE!

Others have probably noticed this, but on the Marvel website when you click to see a picture or another form of media, the URL begins with i.annihil.us. There's an example of that HERE!

What do you think? Is this legit info and we've all been spoiled rotten, or the works of a fan with a huge imagination? Share your thoughts in the usual place.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 am

Let me get this straight. It took months and months to figure out who the hell is going to direct Thor 2 but somehow Marvel Studios already has all these subplots and guest stars figured out for movie that doesn't come out until after Thor 2???

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney Smells_like_bullshit
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Ya its probably going to be like this, 13 as we know im3/thor2, 14 cap2/eithers avengers 2 or dr.strange, 15 antman/and either of the 14 one that doesn't happen.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Some day-dreamer wrote:

What do you think? Is this legit info and we've all been spoiled rotten, or the works of a fan with a huge imagination? Share your thoughts in the usual place.

Sounds like fanboy 'whankery' to me. For one, the Hulk being permanently the Hulk?! No more Bruce Banner?! Are you kidding me?! It's the Abomination that can't change back, not the Hulk. As a matter of fact, it's the Banner/Hulk dynamic that makes the character work in the first place. Do you think Marvel is gonna mess that up?

Like I said, fanboy whanking.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:23 pm

non_amos wrote:Sounds like fanboy 'whankery' to me. For one, the Hulk being permanently the Hulk?! No more Bruce Banner?! Are you kidding me?! It's the Abomination that can't change back, not the Hulk. As a matter of fact, it's the Banner/Hulk dynamic that makes the character work in the first place. Do you think Marvel is gonna mess that up?

Like I said, fanboy whanking.

Actually, that DID happen in the comics:

2014 Marvel Slate From Disney Smart_hulk

http://marvel.com/universe/Hulk_(Bruce_Banner)

Gamma-powered psychiatrist Leonard "Doc" Samson captured the Hulk and successfully separated Banner and his alter ego. Without Banner's psyche to restrain him, the Hulk became a greater danger than ever before. Realizing there was only one way to reign in the Hulk, Banner agreed to merge with the monster. But the stress of the re-integration fractured Banner's subconscious, creating the street-smart gray Hulk. During this time, he spent several years in Las Vegas, sometimes operating as an enforcer calling himself Mr. Fixit (or "Joe Fixit.") The smart-mouth Fixit was an ill-tempered, wise-cracking, thuggish brute whose personality resembled that of his father and the fraternity boys who surrounded him in college. It was also at this time that Joe Fixit began his a short-lived relationship with the future wife of Rick Jones, Marlo Chandler. In this state of the Hulk, Banner again found himself changing into the Hulk at night and into his human form in the light of the day.

Soon after, the swirling mess of persona and mentalities took their toll on the ever-flustered mind of Dr. Banner, and a battle for supremacy and control took place in Banner's subconscious. With assistance by the Ringmaster and his hypnotic abilities, Doc Samson tapped into the subconscious of Banner and reached his separate incarnations. Through this hypnosis, Banner, the green Hulk, and the grey Fixit all aligned to face their true inner demons-- Banner's unresolved issues with his abusive father and the murderer of his mother. With this realization, Banner was able to fuse these mentalities together, finding peace of mind. However, a green but intelligent version of the Hulk emerged. He had the mentality of Dr. Banner but the body and abilities of the Hulk – later nicknamed the Professor. Although Banner had his dominant personalities merged together, there were a number of other personas running through his mind including that of a "Devil-Hulk."

So it's more like fan-fiction than fan-whankery.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 am

^ Wasn't that from the Peter David run on the character? His stuff is pretty well-regarded among core Hulk fans. Hell, there's juice to the concept. You could do a sort of riff on Flowers For Algernon, where the Banner retains his consciousness as the Hulk and gets him under control, thereby leading to Hulk rehabilitating his reputation and coming to be regarded as a real superhero... only for the "mindless" and "feral" Hulk to gradually reassert himself, and for all the positivity Banner has garnered to get squandered. It may work better as a comic book than in film (which usually need a nice, tidy happy ending most of the time) but there's something to the idea, I think.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:40 am

thecolorsblend wrote:^ Wasn't that from the Peter David run on the character? His stuff is pretty well-regarded among core Hulk fans. Hell, there's juice to the concept. You could do a sort of riff on Flowers For Algernon, where the Banner retains his consciousness as the Hulk and gets him under control, thereby leading to Hulk rehabilitating his reputation and coming to be regarded as a real superhero... only for the "mindless" and "feral" Hulk to gradually reassert himself, and for all the positivity Banner has garnered to get squandered. It may work better as a comic book than in film (which usually need a nice, tidy happy ending most of the time) but there's something to the idea, I think.

Umm, maybe?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:38 am

I'm aware of the Professor Hulk & all of that but by then I had quit reading & collecting, actually during the Grey Hulk phase of the comics. Yes, Peter David was the one who took over the Hulk as the writer, having previously been popular with Spiderman. I know his run is regarded but I guess I just wasn't on the bandwagon at the time even though Tod McFarlane was doing pencils. I just quit comics.....again.....at the time. However, before my departure I feel that there were things I didn't particularly like:

1) GREY HULK-although I actually liked this version per se, since it was in the 1st issue ever but.....I don't think I was crazy about the Joe Fixit angle or the drastic reduction in strength.

2) LEADER-This was one I really didn't get. They 'rebooted' the Leader into a new menacing form. Although I didn't like the look, the explanation I liked even less. It never made sense to me because up until then, I had been keeping up with the Hulk comics like some people do Superman & Batman. So they come up with this explanation that they guy who was the Leader, well, it simply wore off & he went back to being a simple-minded janitor. That was like a 'WTF' moment for me because the last time I saw the Leader, he had gone back in time to the dinosaur age basically & was gonna recreate man in his image, where man would all look like the Leader. The Avengers, along with the Hulk, also went back in time & thwarted him. The last time I saw him he was falling head-first into some primordial soup or something, supposedly killed. But he shows up in Peter David's run & it simply 'wore off' over time?! What happened to Jurassic Park?! Did I dream those comics?! I think not. I think someone didn't do their homework. Now, I could be wrong on some things but I was regularly following the Hulk title & that never made sense.

3) PROFESSOR HULK-Although I wasn't reading at the time, I've since gotten some knowledge on this version even online as well as flipping through trades at used book stores. Here's another thing I didn't get. The intelligent Hulk had been done years before under Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema & done very well I might add. Banner could change any time he got ready & retained full control but he found that the Hulk's rage was well, the Hulk's mind, not Banner's, so it kind of nipped in the bud the whole 'madder Hulk gets, stronger Hulk gets' phenomenon. But with this Professor version, it's like they tried to 'reboot' the same principle but put a different slant on it. Could he change back & forth under this version? I dont know.

So there you have that. I just felt like they contradicted themselves immensely in these areas because I had been a fan up until that point & those 'changes' turned me off because to me it looked like they didn't even investigate their own source material.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:30 am

Kevin feige comments on upcoming slates from marvel studios:
http://www.moviehole.net/201253870kevin-feige-on-hulk-2-iron-man-3-avengers-2-thor-2-captain-america-2
Kevin Feige on Hulk 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers 2, Thor 2, Captain America 2

By : KATIE CROCKER - Los Angeles Correspondent (Friday, April 13th, 2012 at 2:28 am)

Out promoting “The Avengers” – which, if you haven’t been on Twitter or done a Google, you’ll not be aware of the very positive things being said about the movie – Marvel’s Kevin Feige sat down to talk to the press about the company’s upcoming slate.

Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.

At the same time, there’s enough exciting films in Marvel’s future, it seems, to hold us over.

Here’s a summary of the Feige interview published by Collider :

He’s seen an unfinished version of The Amazing Spider-Man and says it is excellent and should quiet concerns over the idea of rebooting the franchise.
They have an option for Whedon to direct The Avengers 2 when and if the time comes.
There are currently no plans to do a new Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo.
Iron Man 3 starts filming in five weeks in North Carolina.
When approaching Iron Man 3, their gut instinct was to not make it be a pseudo-Avengers 2.
It’s a full-on Tony Stark movie.
Iron Man 3 is inspired by the first half of Iron Man 1 in that they’re metaphorically putting Tony back in the cave.
He’s stripped of everything, back against a wall, and has nothing but his intelligence to get him out.
Filming on Thor 2 begins in three months in London and it picks up where the first film left off in terms of Jane and Oden. Thor 2 also addresses what’s been happening in the nine realms with the Asgardians unable to use the Bifrost. Loki has a part in Thor 2, but there will be a different, big villain. The crux of Thor 2 is continuing the dynamic between Thor and Jane, as well as the relationship between Thor and Odin.
Feige says there are no plans for Marvel and Pixar to team up on a feature.
Creative talks have been progressing for years between Marvel and Disney about possibly doing a Marvel property as an animated film.
Edgar Wright did not film something for Marvel recently, but Feige says to pay attention to Wright’s tweets in the coming months “and that might change.”
They’re still figuring out how much period flashbacks to include in Captain America 2. The primary story of Captain America 2 will be Steve Rogers figuring out his place in the world. For the time-being, he’ll be staying with S.H.I.E.L.D.
They should announce by Comic-Con or before what’s coming out in May 2014.
Zak Penn did not write a Doctor Strange movie. Feige says, “depending on what Edgar Wright films for us” circumstances could possibly force them to make three films in one year.

So they’re saying “The Avengers” is the best Marvel movie to date… think “Iron Man 3″ will be any good? What about “Thor 2″?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:22 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.

Um, isn't there a 'Hulk' TV-series in the works?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:23 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Interestingly enough, what with much of the praise for “The Avengers” being lumped on director Joss Whedon and actor Mark Ruffalo’s portrayal of ‘The Hulk’, Feige says there’s no plans at this stage to have Ruffalo star in his own “Hulk” movie (says Feige, “Hulk might be just the special guest in Avengers movies, who knows?”). Disappointing.

Um, isn't there a 'Hulk' TV-series in the works?

Yeah, there's supposed to be one that's being done By Guillermo Del Toro, either directed , or produced, or both, I'd have to read up on it again. There's some threads on here somewhere about it, one of which I believe I started.

Anyway, I believe the gist was that it was to focus on the 'early days' of the Hulk & Bruce Banner's relationship with Betty Ross. Banner was not gonna be portrayed by Mark Ruffalo but by someone else (again). The Hulk himself was to be a combination of CGI and prosthetics. Probably something similar to what Del Toro did with Hellboy. Possibly similar to how they did the Thing in the Fantastic 4 films. The Hulk probably wouldn't look like the Marvel Studios version but then again, it's the early days, right?

On one hand I want a new TV series. OTOH I have some reservations. For one thing, these plans were made before we even had a teaser trailer for the Avengers. At that point it was anyone's guess what the Hulk would look like or be like. But now we know. And now the public is catching on too. So part of my concern is that they come out with a new TV series immediately after the Avengers but it has absolutely nothing to do with the Avengers or even that version of the Hulk! So now matter how successful the film is, we have a new TV Hulk who doesn't look the same & who is also obviously following a completely different continuity story-wise. Almost like an 'alternate reality' version. As a matter of fact, it won't even be like the original series because of the inclusion of Betty Ross & the lean more so towards the comics. But it also won't be like the Avengers which by that point will have also obliterated the DVD market.

I guess you could say that my concern is that now is the time for the Hulk to shine & I'm just afraid that they're gonna further confuse the audience & that's not doing the character justice. I'd rather have stability. I was more on board for the new series, that is, until I've been deluged with all of this promotional material for the Avengers. Now I'm not so sure. I'd still most likely support the series but now I'd be more like 'guilty until proven innocent'.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:46 pm

There is, and I do hope it gets off the ground. But hasn't been much news on that in awhile. Same with some of marvel's other live action tv stuff. Heck if the show will be connected to movie verse. If they don't plan to do any more solo hulks for time being might as well have ruffalo do tv hulk. Hasn't he don't some tv work in the past? But maybe after avengers hits, maybe kevin/marvel would change there tune on solo hulk. Business wise I could see the point in just using hulk as needed. Since do they really want to chance another 100+ mill for a film and it under preforms. I definately would be done for another though.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Antman update:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60046
Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN May Have Already Been Given The Green Light

A reliable source indicates that the word around this year's Cannes Film Festival is that Marvel Studios have finally given Ant-Man the green light! Not a lot of details for now,but read on for details. Josh Wilding - 5/19/2012

News on Ant-Man (from Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz writer and director Edgar Wright) was slow for a while, but the success of Marvel's The Avengers and some hints from both Kevin Feige and Edgar Wright himself - find that HERE - reignited interest in the long talked about adaptation. Well, @TwitchFilm has revealed something very interesting indeed, as you can see from the Tweet below.

Rumblings in #Cannes are that @edgarwright's ANT MAN has been greenlit. #rumor

— TWITCH (@TwitchFilm) May 19, 2012

Wright is currently teaming up with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost for At World's End, but some have already speculated that he will start shooting Ant-Man for Marvel either at the end of this year or sometime during 2013 (putting it on track to be the mystery 2014 release from the studio). This is a reliable source and the Cannes Film Festival seems like a fitting location for news like this to hit. With rumours like this now kicking off, here's hoping it spurs Disney and Marvel Studios to finally make an official announcement.

Source: Twitter (@TwitchFilm)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Marvel filing trademmarks for guardians of the galaxy:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62297
Marvel Starts Filing Trademarks For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Well,this is intriguing! Marvel has apparently filed a bunch of trademarks for everything Guardians of the Galaxy related. Something to do with the planned big screen adaptation or Brian Michael Bendis' rumoured comic book series? Read on for details. Josh Wilding - 6/25/2012

Following the news that work might finally be moving ahead on Ant-Man, our friends over at Bleeding Cool have made a rather interesting discovery about another planned Marvel Studios movie; Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel Comics have just filed eleven new trademark applications for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY covering everything from jewelery to beverages to furniture to cosmetics. The applications cover International Classes 3, 14, 16, 20, 24, 29, 30, 32, 35, 41, 42, and also include computer games, fabrics, foods, paper goods, entertainment and internet services, and even retail store services.

It is of course possible that Marvel are simply planning on increasing the sorts of merchandise available for these characters following the rumoured launch of a new Guardians of the Galaxy series by Brian Michael Bendis after the conclusion of Avengers Vs. X-Men. However, it seems far more likely that this is in fact in preparation for the planned big screen outing for the characters, despite the fact that they may still be a good few years away from their live action debut. Be sure to sound off with your thoughts on all of this in the usual spot.

another antman update:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/25/the-ant-man-comics-that-may-make-the-ant-man-movie/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29
The Ant Man Comics That May Make The Ant Man Movie

There’s something very special about the three central London shops, Orbital, Forbidden Planet and Gosh, in that they are flanked by all the major movie studio offices in London, as well as all the production companies that create special effects and the like. Through a bagel on Wardour Street and you’ll hit three people working on Gollum’s foreskin.

So when one of them needs some research materials but doesn’t want to wait for the West Coast to wake up, where do they go?

Over the last three weeks, I hear that four separate people have been into Gosh Comics looking for Ant Man comics. Lots of Ant Man comics, in any condition.

Here’s the thing. No one asks for Ant Man comics. Not even, I’m told, when Marvel was still publishing Ant Man comics. Each time the individuals have been asked if it’s for the Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish film and they jump back, spooked, asking how they could possibly know…

Today, the fourth individual had a specific request, wanting reference for Ant Man‘s “echo time locator” from “the old series”.

Both Gosh! (and me) were at a loss. Can anyone shed light on this?

And guess where it may be appearing in the movie?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Another Antman Update:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ant-man-edgar-wright-343191?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+THRComicCon+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision%29
Edgar Wright Directing 'Ant-Man' Test Reel (Exclusive)

4:17 PM PDT 6/28/2012 by Borys Kit

Wright and Joe Cornish co-wrote the script for the project based on Marvel hero Hank Pym.

As speculation continues to swirl around the mystery of what Marvel movie will be released in May, 2014 — here's hoping that Comic-Con will provide some answers — Edgar Wright just quietly wrapped production on Ant-Man.

But before your start hitting the tweet button, know this: it’s not the long-awaited Ant-Man movie but rather an Ant-Man test reel.

PHOTOS: 10 Top Summer Superheroes Movies Of All Time: Battle of Box Office Brawn

Ant-Man is based on Marvel hero Hank Pym, a scientist who discovered a way to alter his size. He used a helmet to control armies of ants and also was a founding member of the Avengers. (Two other characters took up the mantle after Pym moved on — one a thief named Scott Lang, and the other a sketchy SHIELD agent.)

Ant-Man, with Wright involved, was on the initial Marvel Studios slate that the company announced in the mid-2000s as it put Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk into development. But Ant-Man was then sidelined as the focus turned to the heroes that eventually ended up this summer’s Avengers.

Wright has focused on other projects in the meantime, but he has also spent time nailing the Ant-Man script, which he co-wrote with Joe Cornish.

PHOTOS: New Generation of Superheroes

Then, in mid-June, he spent just under a week shooting footage for a reel that will be used to test out the potential look and tone of his movie, as well as to decide how convincing Ant-man's powers look on screen.

But even if it all passes muster, Ant-Man won’t be Wright’s next movie. That honor goes to The World’s End, a comedy that reteams him with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost that is slated to shoot this fall.

Test reels are not uncommon for certain projects, especially those that fall into the stylized or risky categories. Zack Snyder made one for 300, Jonathan Liebesman made one for Battle: LA, and Guillermo del Toro made one for At the Mountains of Madness. They are not widely circulated but gems to those that have seen them.

Guardians Of The Galaxy is one of the 2014 marvel films:
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/exclusive-marvels-2014-movie-revealed/
EXCLUSIVE: Marvel’s 2014 Movie Revealed!

Posted on 6.28.12 by Da7e

They’ve been buying up domain names as we rapidly approach Comic Con, everyone knows Marvel is about to drop a movie-bomb on us and now, Latino Review knows what it is.

Usually good old Da7e is trotted out of his studding pasture to talk to you about comics he knows something about, this – however – is bit out of my league and, of course, out of THIS WORLD.

Marvel’s plan has been 2 superhero movies in their Unified Film Universe each year. Next year will bring us the new entries into the ‘Thor’ and ‘Iron Man’ and 2014 will bring us ‘Captain America 2′ and… GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney HziF8tPDE4Rl7pmiNVIGdEzcBcQo80nbHPyB2HmaqNBKx-xavMi8yfIixSikOnfwNRrCuNG2yt9pL_3kreKKS9uWwNqotL-n-RA=s320
The Marvel comics universe is called 616. Long story, just accept it. The Guardians of the Galaxy are a team of superheroes from the future of Universe 691. There, an evil alien race called the Badoom is trying to take over the universe. And then the Badoom create the Korvac, and… don’t worry, we have until 2014 to slowly educate ourselves on Guardians of the Galaxy.

The important thing is, at some point, the Guardians get all time-hoppy and jet back to the 20th century (yes, 20th. Probably the 21st in the movie universe) to meet with the Avengers and fight some aliens.

The Guardians have been made up of several third-tier Marvel characters in the past and a Volume 2 reboot that took place in 2008. I’m going to save myself a lot of copy-and-paste and link to the wikipedia list of Guardians here. You probably haven’t heard of most of them.

What else do we know about Guardians of the Galaxy?

- It will be announced as Marvel’s second 2014 movie at Comic Con

- Thanos is in it.

- It will “lead up to” The Avengers 2 in 2015.

- ”THE SCRIPT IS INCREDIBLE”
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney BIESI95zSX1sjMEuMJgMaLGFIvlKjUPrfFleQi4qSQ1npDGU82j89vTfbmSPBE7kgntcd-H7dmp8ZYLb-d7AWZxlwLo81wA4=s320
So let’s parse some of that.

One: The end credits scene at the end of The Avengers was both a teaser for ‘Avengers 2′ AND ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Two: The Guardians being added to the Unified Universe means the theorhetical chronological order of Marvel Unified Movie Universe Phase 2 is:

‘Iron Man 3′ ‘Thor 2′ ‘Captain America 2′ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy.’ Hulk gets the shaft.

Three: If I were to point you in the direction of a comic to read to theorizewhat Guardians of the Galaxy would be about, I’d suggest you go buy The Thanos Imperative.

Four: Nova. Expect Nova. There’s got to be a reason that Nova keeps showing up in stuff like Disney’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s AvX. He’s not a Guardian per se, but he’s the most recognizable Marvel space character to the all-important “we’re young and buy toys” demographic.

Cool?
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney Emailupdated
Cool.

I’m sure I’ll have more to piss Marvel off in the future. Stay here with Latino-Review.
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney UGjFlw8Rr7PhFf1xup9-nn_yrtbCF9ljXqWcq0GTsTWUp4HMIyRO9A1CYtT7zygdJfdHvOGUbuKJs_NfidpNGVEpFnE1G11bsA=s320
Talkin’ Bout Marvel:

Hey Marvel employees! Bonus points if you’re including Rocket Racoon, andI’ll beat any voice actor you find to play him with a lower bid for my similar services.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Now its confirmed Big hero 6 animated film happening:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/29/disney-animation-confirms-plans-for-marvels-big-hero-6-breaking/
Disney Animation teams up with Marvel for ‘Big Hero 6′ — BREAKING By Anthony Breznican

Image Credit: Marvel Walt Disney Studios animation is officially joining forces with Marvel.

Big Hero 6 is not as well known as The Avengers, but it’s another group of powerful individuals with wildly different histories and powers, united by the Japanese government as a crisis-fighting super-squad.

Disney reps confirmed to EW that the film is in the early stages of development, though they declined to specify which filmmakers are involved. As Hollywood heads into Comic-Con next month, rumors are swirling …

With Marvel also developing a live-action version of its Guardians of the Galaxy series, this will be the second major test of whether cult-favorite characters from deeper within the company’s collection of heroes will be able to connect with mainstream moviegoers.

Members of Big Hero 6 include:

Sunfire — who can harness the power of solar energy to blast his enemies.

Silver Samurai — a sword-swinging warrior with a history of tangling with Wolverine.

Hiro — A 13-year-old boy genius.

Honey Lemon — who can draw practically any object she needs from a mystical purse that’s a portal to another dimension.

Baymax — A giant robot created by Hiro who can shapeshift into a dragon form.

Go-Go Tomago — a woman in a high-tech, voice-controlled suit, who can propel herself through the air in an egg-shaped ball of energy.

When you think about it, what problem couldn’t be solved by a sun god, a robot dragon, a smarty-pants kid, a woman with a magic purse, a samurai made of precious metal, and an energy ball?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:57 am

The other 2014 film release date moved:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/171471-marvels-untitled-movie-gets-a-new-release-date
Marvel's Untitled Movie Gets a New Release Date by Spencer Perry July 03, 2012 Share this story

From May to August

The as-of-yet unannounced Marvel film for 2014 has been moved from it's original release date of May 16, 2014 to August 1, 2014.

No word yet still about what the film is though speculation points toward Guardians of the Galaxy. Keep an eye here for more news on this, which will undoubtedly be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con.

The other films Marvel has slated are Iron Man 3 on May 3, 2013, Thor 2 on November 15, 2013 and Captain America 2 on April 4, 2014.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Antman news today:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/13/marvel-to-detail-plans-for-ant-man-in-hall-h-panel-tomorrow-night/
Marvel To Detail Plans For Ant Man In Hall H Panel Tomorrow Night?

I have just attended the premiere screening of Marvel short film Item 47. After the film, there was a Q&A, and a number of the questions were grasps for gossip on future plans for the Marvel Studios shared universe.

Only one struck gold.

A young fan – and I mean young – asked if there were plans to use Avengers 2 to introduce Ant Man or Wasp. Of course, there was no definitive answer from any of the assembled Marvel talent.

But Anthony Breznican, chairing the panel, went ahead and said it.

He told the lil’ fan that he would definitely want to be in Marvel’s panel tomorrow.

Now, I don’t have the exact quote, but Breznican repeated himself. He said it twice. He left mein no doubt. I think Marvel are going to make some Ant Man plans clear in their panel tomorrow.

Does this mean that we’ll be seeing Edgar Wright on stage? Could they possibly unveil his test footage, that we already know is in the can? Or might they even announce some casting?

Stranger things have happened than all of the above, and at Comic-Con too. Stay tuned.

Antman logo:
2014 Marvel Slate From Disney 287482978492

Last edited by webhead2006 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Marvel president teases more marvel studios 2014 slate:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=63807
Marvel Co-President Teases GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & BLACK PANTHER

Marvel will reveal plans for their 2014 movie at their SDCC panel today. It is expected to be GOTG,but Marvel co-president Louis D'Esposito also teases another movie that was rumored first - Black Panther.. Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 7/14/2012

MTV caught up with Louis D'Esposito at Comic-Con and asked him about the mysterious 2014 Marvel movie that is going to be announced in Hall H later today. It is widely believed to be Guardians Of The Galaxy, but there have also been rumors of it being Black Panther - or perhaps it'll be none of the above! D'Esposito wouldn't reveal it outright of course, but he did explain the reasoning behind choosing the character(s) they have selected, saying ""It can always be an "Iron Man," "Thor" and "Cap". We need to grow from there.". MTV then asked him about both potential movies, and he definitely hints that either are possibilities, while suggesting GOTG might be a while away, and Black Panther comes with a few difficulties in adaptation.

On Guardians Of The Galaxy..

"That would be Marvel in space," he said. "That's a great concept and a great idea, and potentially one of our films in the future."

On Black Panther..

"He has a lot of the same characteristics of a Captain America: great character, good values," said the Marvel exec. "But it's a little more difficult, maybe, creating [a world like Wakanda]. It's always easier basing it here. For instance, 'Iron Man 3' is rooted right here in Los Angeles and New York. When you bring in other worlds, you're always faced with those difficulties."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next