Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Superman Lives" production photos

+2
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Superman Lives" production photos Empty "Superman Lives" production photos

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 pm

I just visited the "Superman Homepage" and I just discovered that more production photos of Tim Burton's "Superman Lives" were posted. Even though they may seem interesting but I'm actually glad that the film never got off the ground! Here's the link... http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8776
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

"Superman Lives" production photos Empty Re: "Superman Lives" production photos

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Sure burtons ideas were crazy. And I am to glad it didn't happen. But looking back it probably would have been a more interesting film then sr.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:12 pm

So much money wasted on such a stupid idea....

And Burton's stuff is pretty horrid too.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:24 pm

oh it was, but like i said at least burton film could have been a more interesting story then that crap we got with SR.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:34 am

Funny how it's come round again. Burton, the successful "Batman" guy being given "Superman"......oh dear.

I reckon we dodged a bullet there by the looks. Although the smugness radiating about doing Superman correctly in Returns still makes me sick. At least history has now relegated Singerman as FAIL.

At least Burton had the balls to do HIS own take and not fuck up someone else's legacy. Honestly, the misguided ego of Bryan Singer is disgusting.

(too much? lol)

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:08 pm

You know, I would have preferred they made Burton's abortion over Singerman.

Why?

Because at least Nic Cage would have played his OWN Superman, and not crapped all over what Christopher Reeve had done previously. I would have seen it, said "Man, what the F was THAT??", and then forgotten about it. Simple.

But Peeps took a Superman, and Superman film series, that I have enjoyed since I was 3 years old and dumped a steaming pile of shit all over it. It was unforgivable, and any TRUE fan of the character couldn't possibly like it.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:39 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:You know, I would have preferred they made Burton's abortion over Singerman.

Why?

Because at least Nic Cage would have played his OWN Superman, and not crapped all over what Christopher Reeve had done previously. I would have seen it, said "Man, what the F was THAT??", and then forgotten about it. Simple.

But Peeps took a Superman, and Superman film series, that I have enjoyed since I was 3 years old and dumped a steaming pile of shit all over it. It was unforgivable, and any TRUE fan of the character couldn't possibly like it.
Yep. And the real hell of it is that I feel like there's a good movie lurking somewhere in the core concept of Singerman. Singer, oddly enough, is probably the guy least qualified to tell that story but it felt like you could've taken the basic concept and done something that really honored the character. Hell, you could even have done it in the context of the Donner continuity!

Basically, you retroactively establish that Superman's powers were on temporary loan following the events of Superman II. Jor-El didn't permanently restore Superman's abilities, he simply gave them a stay of execution. After Zod and co are dealt with, Jor-El again strips the powers away for five (or however many) years and then Clark lives on Earth only as Clark. Superman would never abandon Earth if he was the only superhero in the game so if you must tell a "Superman returns" type of story, you don't have him blow town willingly. Disillusioned, Clark eventually leaves the Planet and Metropolis and goes off to do his own thing. Basically, Jor-El only gives them back after Superman shows genuine repentance for what he's done and only because he knows Lex Luthor is up to something. And then... Superman keeps his word and ACTS LIKE SUPERMAN.

You set THAT into the story and also set up that The Kid belongs to Cyclops from a previous relationship, The Kid doesn't think of Lois as Mommy and she and Cyclops aren't engaged or living together and... well, I won't say you've got the greatest Superman film ever but you'd have something that does a damn sight more to honor the Donneverse as well as Christopher Reeve's memory than anything you saw in Singerman. I realize those are all POS ideas up there but if I can come up with something off the top of my head that's better than Singerman but still uses the core concept, surely a real writer (ie, not the high schoolers from X2) could do something even better.

Back to top Go down

"Superman Lives" production photos Empty RE: "Superman Lives" production photos

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 am

In reference to trying to figure out a way that Singerman could've been made better, I suggest the following. This, I believe, was actually an EARLY idea in the formation of Singer's plans. 'Singerman' would STILL have left Earth for Krypton for 5 years BUT..........he would return to an EARTH that had moved on without him, NOT just Lois.. Basically speaking, people would've been pissed off because just where was he AT for those 5 years while humanity suffered terrorism & natural disasters, etc.? So instead of the 'standing ovation' that SINGERMAN got after the plane rescue, instead it would've been the polar opposite. Not only would he have had to wrestle with THOSE issues but also..........LEX LUTHOR! Only it seemed to have been more of a 'corporate' type of Luthor. Possibly an extension of Hackman's character but only now, the general public loved LUTHOR! It seems that in Singerman's absence that Luthor was pardoned & basically 'seduced' the masses, what with Singerman being an ALIEN who DESERTED them, so then he'd have to try HARD to regain the public's trust & expose Luthor.

I actually LIKED that idea for the film but here's the problem. When I tried to DEBATE it over at duh HOMOPAGE, my opinions were basically bashed on by duh sheeple. This WAS after the release of the film but the point is, when I tried to explain that THIS was actually a BETTER plan, they STILL clung to Singer's SINGERMAN! I guess Singer really knew what he was doing, huh, switching it up & all? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah, there you go. I just never understood the temptation to champion mediocrity they all seem to have. "Durrrr, look at what we almost got with the Burton movie; we should be thankful that [Singerman] is as good as it is." Forgive me, but no we shouldn't. We should expect and demand better. Why settle for dogshit just because we came this close to getting cowshit?

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Totally sr story could have been so much better. But singer screw that up too. As for burton sue his ideas were very strange but I am sure his film would been more interesting film then what we got with sr. Plus I wonder if the whole copyright issues would have been if things were different. Like some successful films in the 90s or what not.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Heads up you guys, more pics has just re-surface!

Click here and look... http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=8972
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:13 am

Yea saw them
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:23 am

Maybe I'm being paranoid but am I the only one who's starting to wonder if these are being intentionally leaked to gauge fan response to a radically altered suit?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 am

Possibly but I think that since its been so long since it was to happen. There is no issues with showing what could have been.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:59 am

webhead2006 wrote:Possibly but I think that since its been so long since it was to happen. There is no issues with showing what could have been.
Except that WB has been protective of that stuff to a fault. Before, we had a concept drawing or two out there, usually as part of Singer's propaganda machine to show how he's doing things right. I guess we were supposed to think that dogshit would somehow seem more appealing when cowshit was an alternative.

Allz I'm saying is that these sudden leaks ramping up to big progress being made on the reboot worries the fuck out of me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:58 am

That's a very interesting thought. And don't forget that all of a sudden Singer's proposed storyline emerges as well.....

Sound familiar? Can't be long before more of Ratner's and/or Kevin Smith's outlines get another run. Because last time weren't we supposed to feel lucky we got Singerman greenlit over those three (including Burton's)?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:18 pm

I would also love to see jlm costumes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I would also love to see jlm costumes.
I would too, actually. For all the crap that movie takes from the Apologists and the Nolan Nazis, it'd be nice to at least get a glimpse of all that could've been. Allegedly, the movie started at a funeral and Superman had some sort of black version of the regular Superman outfit. The rest of the time, again, allegedly, he was wearing the standard uniform.

I'd really want to see where they were planning to take Batman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Yea I may have not wanted the film from certain crap I heard about it and the casting for some roles. But to see what the costumes looked liked would have been nice. I do recall the actors had at least costume fittings in test/early drafsts of final looks.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I would too, actually. For all the crap that movie takes from the Apologists and the Nolan Nazis, it'd be nice to at least get a glimpse of all that could've been. Allegedly, the movie started at a funeral and Superman had some sort of black version of the regular Superman outfit. The rest of the time, again, allegedly, he was wearing the standard uniform.

I'd really want to see where they were planning to take Batman.

I think we will have to wait until the Bros. Warner decide whether they want to do a JLA movie or not. Once The Avengers hits, they'll make their decision.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 am

Ya know, it's funny. In the comics biz (what's left of it), DC has made... well, I shouldn't say a cottage industry... but let's call it a longstanding tradition of following in Marvel's footsteps but completely fucking up everything Marvel does right.

It's comforting to know the movie studios wouldn't have it any other way.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:34 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Ya know, it's funny. In the comics biz (what's left of it), DC has made... well, I shouldn't say a cottage industry... but let's call it a longstanding tradition of following in Marvel's footsteps but completely fucking up everything Marvel does right.

It's comforting to know the movie studios wouldn't have it any other way.

"Superman Lives" production photos Fonzie_l
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:40 pm

So now there is a video online of the superman lives costume. Sorry don't have link right now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:01 am

webhead2006 wrote:So now there is a video online of the superman lives costume. Sorry don't have link right now.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 am

WTF? Is that Superman's rave party outfit? I feel like I should drop a couple of disco biscuits whilst watching that.

Now that IS a costume Freddie Mercury would've worn! Superman, not so much.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next