Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced

3 posters

Go down

'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced Empty 'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 pm

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

It's a whole new meaning for "red state" as Carnage’s maniacal reign of terror continues, courtesy of the critically acclaimed creative team of Zeb Wells and Clayton Crain, in Carnage USA #1 (of 5)! With Carnage leaving a wake of bloodshed and lunacy throughout the nation, Spider-Man and the Avengers must go on a brutal hunt to capture Cletus Kasaday before the American heartland falls under his mass-murdering spell.

Buckle in and prepare for a violence packed adventure as Carnage, joined by a symbiote army, continues his vengeance fueled comeback. Destined to be the most mind-blowing cross country tour fans have ever taken, Carnage U.S.A. wants YOU this December!

'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced 1308157045
'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced 1308157047
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced Empty Re: 'Carnage U.S.A' Series Announced

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 pm

hmm sounds interesting for a limited series.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:35 am

webhead2006 wrote:hmm sounds interesting for a limited series.
My only real beef with it goes back to the Avengers. I realize Carnage is a serious toughie and is someone Spidey just might need back up in order to take down... but the Avengers getting involved in this series (which wraps a month or two before their movie comes out) screams of an unnecessary tie-in.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
My only real beef with it goes back to the Avengers. I realize Carnage is a serious toughie and is someone Spidey just might need back up in order to take down... but the Avengers getting involved in this series (which wraps a month or two before their movie comes out) screams of an unnecessary tie-in.

Wouldn't this draw The Avengers attention?

Buckle in and prepare for a violence packed adventure as Carnage, joined by a symbiote army, continues his vengeance fueled comeback.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

Wouldn't this draw The Avengers attention?

Buckle in and prepare for a violence packed adventure as Carnage, joined by a symbiote army, continues his vengeance fueled comeback.
Shit, there was a point in the early 90's where Carnage going on a killing spree required the participation of just about every motherfucking character Marvel was publishing at the time. But (A) that storyline (Maximum Carnage) was recognized as the contrived publicity stunt it sounds like and (B) oh yeah, it was shit. I'm not arguing that Spider-Man doesn't need help taking Carnage on. The fact that it's the Avengers... it just seems unnecessary.

I mean, if were talking about the New Avengers (Ben Grimm, Wolverine, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel and, eventually, Daredevil, plus some others too), that'd make sense as Spidey is already on that team. He's a member and I could see his teammates getting involved.

But the traditional Avengers (who I assume the press thing is referring to) seems like (A) overkill and (B) an unnecessary tie-in for a movie that everyone is already excited about.

But I'm a shmuck so I'll probably buy this anyway so that I can at least get a couple new Spider-Man comics in my collection.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:43 am

ya if carnage has a army of symboites it is a bit much of just spidey to handle on his own. So working with both avengers groups, and the FF to wipe them out is a good plan of action.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 pm

webhead2006 wrote:ya if carnage has a army of symboites it is a bit much of just spidey to handle on his own. So working with both avengers groups, and the FF to wipe them out is a good plan of action.

Get's it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down