Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CW's "Arrow" series

+2
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CW's "Arrow" series Empty CW's "Arrow" series

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 am

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/cw-nears-pilot-order-to-green-arrow-drama-from-greg-berlanti-and-marc-guggenheim/
Green Arrow Drama Nears Pilot Order At CW BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Thursday January 12, 2012 @ 8:15pm PST

The CW is finalizing a deal for a pilot order to Arrow, an hourlong superhero drama based on DC Comics’ Green Arrow. It is written and executive produced by The Green Lantern co-writers Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and Fringe and Vampire Diaries alum Andrew Kreisberg. I hear that David Nutter is interested in directing the project, which takes the comic book character, created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, and sets him in a new world with an original story that is not based on the comics, published by DC Entertainment. Arrow, produced by Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Television, was developed by Berlanti and Guggenheim who came up with the idea and wrote the storyline and then brought in Kreisberg to write the script. Kreisberg, who has comics experience, having written DC Comics’ Green Arrow and Black Canary among other books, previously worked with Berlanti and Guggenheim on their ABC drama Eli Stone. First introduced in an 1941 edition of More Fun Comics, Green Arrow is a superhero dressed like Robin Hood who is an archer using trick arrows, including glue, net, tear gas and even kryptonite arrows.

His secret identity is billionaire Oliver Queen. This marks the character’s return to the CW where it was a fixture on the Superman-inspired Smallville for several years. Portrayed by Justin Hartley, who is not attached to Arrow, Oliver Queen/Green Arrow was introduced in a 7-episode arc on the show in 2006, with Hartley joining the series as a regular in 2008. Also serving as a bridge between the two shows would be Nutter, who directed the pilot for Smallville. Developing a series based on a DC property to succeed the recently departed Smallville was a priority for the CW this development season. “We’re looking next year to do a superhero show if the right superhero comes to be,”

CW president Mark Pedowitz said at the summer TCA. In addition to Arrow, the network has in contention an adaptation of Deadman penned by Supernatural creator Eric Kripke. This is the CW’s second pilot order this season, following the pickup of mystery drama Cult last week. Arrow would mark the second pilot order for Berlanti and Guggenheim so far this season. Earlier this week, Fox greenlighted Guilty, a legal drama penned by Guggenheim and executive produced by him and Berlanti. Berlanti, Guggenheim, Nutter and Kreisberg, who serves as co-executive producer on Syfy’s Warehouse 13, are with WME.
If it happpens like the planned deadman series for cw definately would watch them. I wish the production if it happens the best of luck.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

CW's "Arrow" series Empty Re: CW's "Arrow" series

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 am

Based on the fact that Hartley isn't involved, I'm guessing this will be it's own thing. And I'm cool with that, actually. Had a non-Hartley/SV-related Green Arrow series come along after SV's 6th or 7th seasons, I might've felt differently but I think the SV version has been taken about as far as he can go. A new approach is definitely in order. Besides, one main draw for a Hartley GA show would've been the possibility of a Welling cameo as Superman... which I doubt would ever happen for so many reasons.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:34 am

As nice as it would be to be based off sv take. Its probably best to be its own thing. As for hartley maybe he could be offered the part, if not maybe guest star as some character. I did eread hartlety still hhas a contract with cw.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

CW's "Arrow" series Empty Green Arrow TV series?

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169227-green-arrow-tv-series-planned-

Green Arrow TV Series Planned
by Silas Lesnick
January 12, 2012

A "Green Arrow" television series is being planned for The CW with Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg writing and executive producing, EW reports.

Dating all the way back to 1941 when he made his first appearance in "More Fun Comics" #73, Oliver Queen is a billionaire who leads a double life as expert archer and costumed hero Green Arrow. Over the years, Queen has been a member of the Justice League and even Mayor of his hometown, Star City.

Justin Hartley previously played a television version of the character on "Smallville", becoming a regular cast member in later seasons. It's not mentioned whether or not the new series will connect in any way, but it is noted that Hartley is not being sought to play the role at this time.

"Green Arrow" isn't the only DC superhero being planned for the small screen. Plans for a "Booster Gold" pilot were announced late last year with "Blue Beetle," "Deadman" and "Spectre" series still believed to be in various stages of development.

Of course, just because a network expresses an interest in a pilot doesn't mean that a series will see the light of day, as was the case with last year's proposed "Wonder Woman" series.

Why not use Hartley?! Are they gonna divorce SV continuity now that there's a new Superman film on the horizon?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 am

While I appreciate new threads, one on this very subject already exists....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:51 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:While I appreciate new threads, one on this very subject already exists....

Sorry. I wasn't aware of that. Now I am. My bad. Embarassed
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:52 am

non_amos wrote:Sorry. I wasn't aware of that. Now I am. My bad. Embarassed

It's all good. Keep making new Topics my friend.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:52 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169267-the-green-arrow-pilot-gets-a-green-light

The Green Arrow Pilot Gets a Green Light
by Silas Lesnick
January 18, 2012

The CW has officially given the pilot order for the new "Green Arrow" television series, Deadline reports, though the emerald archer is losing his "green." The show will go with the title "Arrow."

First reported last week, the series will adapt DC Comics'character with a script from Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, who are also executive producing.

Dating all the way back to 1941 when he made his first appearance in "More Fun Comics" #73, Oliver Queen is a billionaire who leads a double life as expert archer and costumed hero Green Arrow. Over the years, Queen has been a member of the Justice League and even Mayor of his hometown, Star City.

"Arrow" joins two other pilot orders, "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Carrie Diaries," both of which you can read about over at ComingSoon.net.

Just 'Arrow'?! Ohhh brotherrrr!!!!! Oy!!!!!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:55 am

As long as the character is called "Green Arrow", I'm cool with it.

If nothing else, hopefully this TV series (if it becomes one) will be just another nail in the coffin of that dumbass "Supermax" film concept.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:39 am

I don't see much ofba problem with calling it arrow, yess ga would hhave been betterm or a slang name of his. But a show name is just a name.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 am

webhead2006 wrote:I don't see much ofba problem with calling it arrow, yess ga would hhave been betterm or a slang name of his. But a show name is just a name.
Fuck's sake, the character's name is "Green Arrow". The title of the show will apparently be just "Arrow".

In B89, the movie wasn't titled "Bat". It was titled "Batman".

STM wasn't titled "Super". It was titled "Superman".

Names. They matter.

Plus, I'm sick of this annoying post-TDK trend of calling a superhero everyfuckingthing EXCEPT his name. It's okay to use the hero's name, guys.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:39 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:I don't see much ofba problem with calling it arrow, yess ga would hhave been betterm or a slang name of his. But a show name is just a name.
Fuck's sake, the character's name is "Green Arrow". The title of the show will apparently be just "Arrow".

In B89, the movie wasn't titled "Bat". It was titled "Batman".

STM wasn't titled "Super". It was titled "Superman".

Names. They matter.

Plus, I'm sick of this annoying post-TDK trend of calling a superhero everyfuckingthing EXCEPT his name. It's okay to use the hero's name, guys.

I think that's the problem I have with this. It's almost like these guys are saying, "Well, Green Arrow is just too 'comic-booky' so we've got to 'dumb it down' so that it appeals to this general audience." Even look at the TDKR. I haven't posted this yet & maybe someone else will but they're calling the Bat-Plane simply 'The Bat'. Now even the 'Bat-Wing'. Just Bat. See? That way it doesn't just soar right over our 'slow' heads! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Well what about smallville it was sv and not superman or what have you. I still don't see it being that bad. Plus take for exampple when the aquaman pilot was happening the show was going to be called mercy reef. Title from to when series could change.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Well what about smallville it was sv and not superman or what have you. I still don't see it being that bad. Plus take for exampple when the aquaman pilot was happening the show was going to be called mercy reef. Title from to when series could change.
The name of the show would've been Aquaman. I don't know where the "Mercy Reef" thing ever came (as far as being a title of the show goes, I mean). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman_%28TV_program%29
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:59 pm

I remember it was going by mercy reef at some point during its production. But ya for ga hopefully its title will change to full ga.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Well what about smallville it was sv and not superman or what have you. I still don't see it being that bad. Plus take for exampple when the aquaman pilot was happening the show was going to be called mercy reef. Title from to when series could change.

Maybe because the show was about his early years in Smallville, and not about his days as SUPERMAN?

You know, what they were repeating as nauseam from Day 1? Evil or Very Mad
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I remember it was going by mercy reef at some point during its production.
Well now, let's see. On the one hand, we have the Wikipedia entry titled "Aquaman" which shows a title card saying "Aquaman" as well as every interview Al and Miles ever did on the subject where they called the pilot "Aquaman".

On the other hand, we have webhead's memory five years after the fact.

Which of those is more trustworthy, I wonder...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Colors what I was getting at is during some points of production I remembered the mercy reef name floating around. In the end yes when it was released and so for it was titled aquaman. I was just trying to say at one point it was known as mercy reef.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:16 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Colors what I was getting at is during some points of production I remembered the mercy reef name floating around. In the end yes when it was released and so for it was titled aquaman. I was just trying to say at one point it was known as mercy reef.
And I'm pointing out that name isn't what the show is called or would have been called.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:29 pm

Ok then let's move on. What would you guys like to see out of the ga show young ollie/older ollie. Would u want to see them bring up social issues that are big today like occupy stuff, and corp greed and what not. Which villains you want to see get adapted?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Some Early character casting/breakdown information:
http://www.greenarrowtv.com/10914/the-cws-green-arrow-pilot-arrow-character-details-spoilers/
The CW’s Green Arrow Pilot “Arrow” – Character Details (Spoilers!)
Craig Byrne January 23, 2012 15
And now some of the mysteries are solved!

Via casting breakdowns, GreenArrowTV has learned a little bit about some of the characters we’ll be seeing in The CW’s pilot Arrow.

Here are some of the characters we have to look forward to (subject to change):

Oliver Queen – It’s pretty obvious this would be the name of the main character, right? It sounds like he was believed dead for a few years before making a return home.

At some point Oliver is kidnapped and cuffed to a chair but gets himself loose.

The Arrow wears a green body armor that is “so dark it’s virtually black.” He has a bow and arrow, of course. He may have a mask covering the lower half of his face, distorting his voice. The costume also has a hood.

It sounds like this version of Oliver Queen is at least 25, and he is written very much like the Green Arrow was in his better Smallville appearances.

It also seems that we will see flashbacks to his time on the island and how he got there, and what led him to becoming a good guy.

Dinah “Laurel” Lance – Dinah’s using her middle name here. She and Oliver have not seen each other in five years, before his return to the city. “Laurel” went to law school. It doesn’t appear that she is the Black Canary (yet). She works with a firm called the City Necessary Resources Initiative.

Tommy was Oliver’s best friend before he disappeared for several years. He sounds like a bit of a frat boy. He notices Oliver has changed a lot in his years away. The character himself might have a tie to a Green Arrow foe from the comics. Tommy tells Oliver about what his funeral was like a few years earlier.

Sara – Back on the boat, Oliver had a history with a character named Sara, and that history may be the reason Laurel is not happy to see him when he returns to town. In fact, she’s downright angry.

Thea – A young relative of Oliver’s, around 18. He teasingly calls her “Speedy.”

Moira Queen – Oliver’s mom is still alive as of the pilot, but his father was killed on the boat, in the incident that originally sent Oliver to the island. In the years since, she has remarried a man named Walter who doesn’t understand Oliver’s sudden interest in the company, Queen Consolidated.

The city seems to be called “Starling City” rather than “Star City.”

DC Comics shoutouts include a “Mr. Grell” and “Danielle DiDio.” There’s also a bank account numbered 52.

How does it sound, so far?

Very, very good!

UPDATE: More details about the characters being cast for Arrow have now surfaced! Check them out here:
MORE Details From The Green Arrow Pilot Character Breakdowns
Craig Byrne January 24, 2012 0
The TV Addict today must have gotten a hold of the character breakdowns for Arrow, because he’s got a whole lot more detail than even what we had in our posting from yesterday…

Check out their original piece where they also offer some of their casting choices.

Here are more details that they were able to get:

- Oliver Queen is a “27 year old reformed bad boy.” He spent five years shipwrecked on a tiny, dangerous island. He returns to Starling City “a different man.”

- Dinah “Laurel” Lance is 28, and she’s “a legal aid attorney determined to use her life as a one-woman war against the 1%” following the death of her sister Sara.

- Remember the Sara character we mentioned in the previous post? She’s “Laurel”‘s sister, and she died aboard Oliver’s yacht. Oops. No wonder Dinah/Laurel is mad at him.

- The “Tommy” mentioned before, his last name is Merlyn. Like Green Arrow’s enemy. Described as “28 years old and devil-smooth.” He can’t understand Oliver’s change of lifestyle and direction. He likes parties, liquor, and sex… so “frat boy,” like we mentioned before.

- Moira Queen is very wealthy and “not used to being shaken.” She is in charge of the Queen fortune, and is worried that Robert Queen will return unexpectedly as well.

- John Diggle is a 35 year old African-American military man who served with the Army Rangers in Afghanistan. He’s hired by Moira to be Oliver’s bodyguard. Oliver repeatedly eludes his protection. The casting breakdown (or TVAddict’s piece) also said this: “Diggle’s primary conflict is one of loyalty — he has to show that he’s working for Oliver, not Moira, before Oliver will give him a smidgen of trust.”

- And here’s where the pitchforks came out – The TVAddict has confirmed that Thea is Thea Queen, Oliver’s younger… sister. She was 12 when Oliver and her father disappeared. Now she’s a “celebutante” who acts badly. She loved her big brother with all of her heart, and she’s glad to have him back – but now that she’s older and spreading her wings, she might not be ready for Oliver to be Bad Cop in her family and making sure she behaves. She is the only one who gets away with calling Oliver “Ollie,” and Ollie, in turn, calls her “Speedy.”
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Eh. I'll give it a shot. Green Arrow is a character you've got more flexibility with because he's not an icon.

Craig Byrne is obviously whoring himself out to the production though. No big surprise there. As ever, I don't begrudge the dude a job (esp in this economy), I just don't want him to pretend (as he did with K-Site) that he's "just another fansite" rather than being on the payroll.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Ya changes will happen. But then again there is always the chance all these characters wont be used, could be dropped or changed. If from when it goes from pilot to series, if they reshoot pilot or ideas changed. So untill we know for sure whats what i can wait a bit to judge it once we know what is indeed going down, and we get some footage to see.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 am

Oliver Queen/Green Arrow Is Cast:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/stephen-amell-is-green-arrow-lands-title-role-in-cw-drama-pilot-arrow/
Stephen Amell Is Green Arrow: Lands Title Role In CW Drama Pilot ‘Arrow’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday January 31, 2012 @ 12:58pm PST

EXCLUSIVE: One of the highest-profile young lead roles this pilot season has gone to Stephen Amell. In a potential star-making turn, Amell has been cast in the title role of the CW drama pilot Arrow. In the Warner Bros TV-produced project, described as a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow, he will play the vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology under his secret identity as Oliver Queen, a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist-turned-outspoken politician in Star City. David Nutter is directing the pilot, written/executive produced by Andrew Kreisberg, Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim.
CW's "Arrow" series 13716311CW's "Arrow" series Green-10
Amell is a familiar face at the CW, where he has done arcs on The Vampire Diaries and 90210. He most recently recurred on HBO’s Hung and ABC’s Private Practice and was one of the finalists to replace Andy Whitfield as the lead on Spartacus. Amell is the second actor to portray the Green Arrow on the CW; Justin Hartley played the character on the Smallville for several seasons. Like Nina Dobrev, the breakout star of the CW’s Vampire Diaries, Amell hails from Canada. He is repped by SMS, Leverage and Canada’s Gary Goddard Agency.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:31 am

Well I guess that rules out Hartley then. Probably rules out any connection to Smallville too. scratch
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next