Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power man/ Luke Cage film

4 posters

Go down

Power man/ Luke Cage film Empty Power man/ Luke Cage film

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Here is a thread where we could talk about this character chance in getting a feature film. Would anyone want to see him? Who would you cast as luke cage? Discuss!!

To start things off. Some of you have probably heard of that "old spice" commericals actor been campignig for the role. Would any one like him? Also on that guy front he has created a test video of him as luke cage. Here is the link:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Power man/ Luke Cage film Empty Re: Power man/ Luke Cage film

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Do those things EVER work, as far as films go? I mean, I know that talentless shit Justine Bieber (intentional) used YouTube to forge a "career", but not once have I heard of an actor getting a part because of their fan-made YouTube videos.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Ya doesn't usually happen. Watch if luke cage happens it will probably go to one of those singer/actor guys like ice cube/ tysse/etc....
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 28, 2011 10:26 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Do those things EVER work, as far as films go? I mean, I know that talentless shit Justine Bieber (intentional) used YouTube to forge a "career", but not once have I heard of an actor getting a part because of their fan-made YouTube videos.....

I haven't heard of an actor either that I can remember but it sure seems to work for musicians:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_%28band%29

A quote:

In December 2007, Journey hired Filipino singer Arnel Pineda of the cover band The Zoo after Neal Schon saw him on YouTube singing covers of Journey songs. Their next album, Revelation, debuted at #5 on the Billboard charts, selling more than 196,000 units in its first two weeks and staying in the top 20 for 6 weeks.[32] Journey also found success on billboard's adult contemporary chart where the single "After All These Years" spent over 23 weeks, peaking at number 9.[33] Receipts from the 2008 tour made Journey one of the top grossing concert tours of the year, bringing in over $35,000,000.[34] On December 18, 2008, Revelation was certified platinum by RIAA.[35][36] The band's second album with Pineda, Eclipse, was released on May 24, 2011.[37][38]

Interesting 'Twilight Zone' moment here in that I was discussing this earlier this evening with my wife when we heard a Journey song on the radio. Didn't expect to discuss it, especially on a Superman forum, but I guess it has some relevance to the whole 'Youtube phenomenon'. This guy isn't Steve Perry's 1st replacement but he's obviously the one that the band is sticking with & enjoying new-found success. A while back I was watching them in concert on VH1 Classic & my wife said, "He sounds just like him!" In other words, former lead vocalist Steve Perry. And he really does, it's amazing! And their lead guitarist discovered him on Youtube singing Journey songs! Now he's rich!

But yeah, I don't know about actors but it obviously works for other performers.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun May 29, 2011 1:42 am

I just have watched that Youtube vid of that Isaiah Washington guy. I think I'll pass. I mean, I don't know if he can really act or not, but he just doesn't have the size to look formidable. Just off the top of my head, Duane 'The Rock' Johnson would be a much better choice. He has the size and the acting chops. Maybe another choice could be Michael Clark Duncan. But you get the point? Cast the part right! We all know what happens when a part gets miscast, right? You get SINGERMAN. AARRGGHH!!!!! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 29, 2011 9:08 am

non_amos wrote:I just have watched that Youtube vid of that Isaiah Washington guy. I think I'll pass. I mean, I don't know if he can really act or not, but he just doesn't have the size to look formidable. Just off the top of my head, Duane 'The Rock' Johnson would be a much better choice. He has the size and the acting chops. Maybe another choice could be Michael Clark Duncan. But you get the point? Cast the part right! We all know what happens when a part gets miscast, right? You get SINGERMAN. AARRGGHH!!!!! Mad
Um, is Luke Cage really supposed to that massive? I've only really "followed" him in Daredevil but he seemed about as big as anybody else in the book's cast (which isn't all that "huge" by superhero standards).

EDIT- Which isn't to say whoever gets cast should be flabby and out of shape or else another BJ Blandon. I'm not implying that. Just that a reasonably tall and built dude ought to cover it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun May 29, 2011 10:07 am

OOPS! It's Isaiah Mustafa, not Washington! I don't know what I was thinking. Isaiah Washington played on Grey's Anatomy. My bad! bounce
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 29, 2011 11:18 am

Ya reading new avengers where he is leader of that group. He seems to just be a regular looking dude. With muscles and all that. Nothing out of the norm. So ya he doesn't need to be anyone as jacked as arnold in his prime. But just regular muscle jacked. I wish the gjuy best of luck. But ya I don't know how much of a actor he is outside those old spice commericals. But like I said it will likely end up being one of those rapper/actors who get the role.

Old school power man/luke cage look:
Power man/ Luke Cage film Essentiallukecage

Modern age luke cage look:
Power man/ Luke Cage film 250px-New_Avengers_Vol_1_56_page_00_Luke_Cage_Earth-616
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 29, 2011 7:25 pm

non_amos wrote:I haven't heard of an actor either that I can remember but it sure seems to work for musicians:

Well, yeah. That's why I mentioned Justine Bieber. Did you miss that part?

And I hear Steve Perry is coming back to record an album with Journey again. So the Filipino guy might be out of a job soon....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun May 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:I haven't heard of an actor either that I can remember but it sure seems to work for musicians:

Well, yeah. That's why I mentioned Justine Bieber. Did you miss that part?

And I hear Steve Perry is coming back to record an album with Journey again. So the Filipino guy might be out of a job soon....

No, actually, I didn't miss that part (about Bieber). It's just to me he's not even in the same class as JOURNEY, Steve Perry or not. And his career is more of a 'hack career', i.e., possibly 'here today, gone tomorrow'. Just like the 'manufactured talent' on American Idol. Journey is a real band.

As for the Filipino, I'm not so sure about that. I don't exactly remember if I read this online or heard it on TV but I do recall the 'gist' of it was that Steve Perry had asked to come back to Journey as their lead vocalist. However, Neal Schon's reaction was like, "He quit on his own; his decision", or some such attitude, which basically is like saying, 'we're moving forward with our present band'. Or 'he made his bed, let him lay in it'. Anyway, Journey did just release a new album, this past week apparently. I saw the CD at Walmart yesterday. It's called ECLIPSE & as far as I know, it's the Filipino singing. Cool
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 29, 2011 8:17 pm

non_amos wrote:No, actually, I didn't miss that part (about Bieber). It's just to me he's not even in the same class as JOURNEY, Steve Perry or not. And his career is more of a 'hack career', i.e., possibly 'here today, gone tomorrow'. Just like the 'manufactured talent' on American Idol. Journey is a real band.

True, but you were just making the exact same point I was.

As for the Filipino, I'm not so sure about that. I don't exactly remember if I read this online or heard it on TV but I do recall the 'gist' of it was that Steve Perry had asked to come back to Journey as their lead vocalist. However, Neal Schon's reaction was like, "He quit on his own; his decision", or some such attitude, which basically is like saying, 'we're moving forward with our present band'. Or 'he made his bed, let him lay in it'. Anyway, Journey did just release a new album, this past week apparently. I saw the CD at Walmart yesterday. It's called ECLIPSE & as far as I know, it's the Filipino singing. Cool

It's the rumor I'm hearing. Not read, hearing.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Another actor named eric wilson has made a self promotion trailer for luke cage for marvel:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down