Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suit Suggestions

+3
thecolorsblend
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Suit Suggestions - Page 4 Empty RE: Suit Suggestions

Post  non_amos Mon May 16, 2011 12:57 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Here's my third suggestion for what the super suit should look like although I'm not sure if any of you would like this suggestion alot more than my previous two but you probably might since it's not too fancy and it actuall has Henry Cavill in it...

Suit Suggestions - Page 4 Superm10

If they going to have Martha Kent design Clark's suit for him just as she did in the comics then it'll have to look like something that wouldn't be made by a professional costume designer or would cost a hefty amount of money to make out of and I believe this serves as an example of what it could look like if they decide to take that route!

That's a step in the right direction. Just lose the 'creases' that, to me, are distracting. Also the suit needs to be more 'skin-tight' & not so loose on the forearms. Other than that, if we get something like that, it certainly beats Singerman! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Suit Suggestions - Page 4 Empty Re: Suit Suggestions

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 16, 2011 1:03 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Here's my third suggestion for what the super suit should look like although I'm not sure if any of you would like this suggestion alot more than my previous two but you probably might since it's not too fancy and it actuall has Henry Cavill in it...

Suit Suggestions - Page 4 Superm10

If they going to have Martha Kent design Clark's suit for him just as she did in the comics then it'll have to look like something that wouldn't be made by a professional costume designer or would cost a hefty amount of money to make out of and I believe this serves as an example of what it could look like if they decide to take that route!
Are those lace up boots? And are those wings or protrusions or something on the sides? Hard to say. The trunks could be worse (and anything is better than the Singerman thong) but I'm starting to think something closer to shorts might be the better move rather than something that looks like a pair of sort of long briefs.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 am

What's with the dainty little Singerman Proud ?

Haven't we had enough of that crap?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 16, 2011 2:27 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:What's with the dainty little Singerman Proud ?

Haven't we had enough of that crap?
I'd had "enough" of it when that first Singerman promo image was released to the press.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 17, 2011 12:22 am

I hate that people just won't let that shitty symbol DIE along with BJ's "career".....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 am

Well once snyder suit is out and if the film is the success we all want it to be, we can hope to see it take over and no longer see the dam singer one used any where.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 17, 2011 12:40 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I hate that people just won't let that shitty symbol DIE along with BJ's "career".....
I think it says something that the Alyn, Reeves, Reeve, Cain and Superboy versions of The Suit have seen fairly minimal Photoshop jobs done to them... while the Singerman bikini was Photoshopped literally from Day One. That should pretty much tell you how well-loved it ever was.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 am

As much as I hate to say it but since "Superman Returns" seem to be the only recent "Superman" film that has been released within the first decade of 2000 the S symbol that represent it kind of become the one that the mainstream masses are getting use to thus resulting it being frequently use in the media *Shudders*.

webhead2006 wrote:Well once snyder suit is out and if the film is the success we all want it to be, we can hope to see it take over and no longer see the dam singer one used any where.

Thats the same thing I'm thinking but hopefully they might release a image promo of the new S symbol representing the new film which will do that along with replacing the SR symbol from the media abit more eariler without the hassel of waiting for the film to hit theaters!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Suit Suggestions - Page 4 Empty RE: Suit Suggestions

Post  non_amos Tue May 17, 2011 10:11 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:As much as I hate to say it but since "Superman Returns" seem to be the only recent "Superman" film that has been released within the first decade of 2000 the S symbol that represent it kind of become the one that the mainstream masses are getting use to thus resulting it being frequently use in the media *Shudders*.

webhead2006 wrote:Well once snyder suit is out and if the film is the success we all want it to be, we can hope to see it take over and no longer see the dam singer one used any where.

Thats the same thing I'm thinking but hopefully they might release a image promo of the new S symbol representing the new film which will do that along with replacing the SR symbol from the media abit more eariler without the hassel of waiting for the film to hit theaters!

Wouldn't it be a trip if for the Snyder reboot they do a 'complete 180' from the Singerman 'S' & instead do the 'S' as drawn by ALEX ROSS?! Not the KINGDOM COME one because, even though that one has its' purpose for that storyline, it'd no doubt would further confuse the general audience. No, the Ross 'S' I speak of is the one where it literally covers Superman's chest! Of course, duh apologists would say that's 'too big'. Funny thing there, apologists saying it's too big! Wink

Actually I'd be happy if it's at least comparable to the one Reeve wore but maybe the suit itself be made of better quality materials & such, thus having a 'sleeker' look but still convey Superman. For Snyder & company, the 'KISS' method will be the best way to go. No, not the band. Just the principle: KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID! Very Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Ya I like size of reeve/cain s I don't think it needs to be huger then that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:As much as I hate to say it but since "Superman Returns" seem to be the only recent "Superman" film that has been released within the first decade of 2000 the S symbol that represent it kind of become the one that the mainstream masses are getting use to thus resulting it being frequently use in the media *Shudders*.

Wrong. It's morons like the person who did that suit who keep it out there.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I wouldn't mind if they went with a Curt Swan-like symbol for the new suit:
Suit Suggestions - Page 4 RossJLSuperSwanScan1

A little more "diamond" shaped, and not so many straight-edges. It's different, but not different.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4