Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions

5 posters

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Empty 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 19, 2011 1:05 am

Just wondering what some of you are hoping it looks like?

Myself, I think it needs to be something different. No hands on hips. No shirt-rip. No "Superman poses".

Something like this:
'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions SupermanGODFALL-CMYKcrop

Now ignore what he is wearing, and the background. Just a simple pose that tells you all you need to know.

It's Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 19, 2011 4:54 am

I don't know what kind of a shot I want but they better have one hell of a photo to wipe out that shit first one from sr.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Empty RE: 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions

Post  non_amos Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 am

Yeah, that 1st shot of Brandon 'BJ' Routhman was extremely awful! I recall calling my wife into the room & asking her if that looked like Superman & she said 'NO'! Keep in mind that that pic debuted online over a year before Singerman was released! I didn't like the pic myself but because I wanted a SUPERMAN FILM so badly I tried to be optimistic. Man, was that a wrong move!

I don't know what Cavill is gonna look like but I trust Snyder far more than Singer so I trust Cavill will at least look 'decent' after 'Gym Jones' is through with him! I think 'TPTB' will hopefully have learned some lessons from the last time, i.e., they know a lot is riding on this & that 1st pic of Cavill is definitely gonna be scrutinized. Even more so!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Well thinking about it would be sweet to see cavill maybe posed next to a dp globe in suit with chest out strong pose with arms cross around chest and look bold and strong, and MANLY!!!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Something like this would be good too:

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 821362-arnold_schwarzenegger18_super
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Empty RE: 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions

Post  non_amos Fri May 20, 2011 12:34 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Something like this would be good too:

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 821362-arnold_schwarzenegger18_super

AH-NULLLDDD!!!!!

Teh-heh! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm

See what I did there?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 21, 2011 2:00 am

You look back on Superman's history and some of the clearest, most consistent and most iconic iconography revolves around...

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Superman_chains

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Superman-chains-pop-master-

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Sman

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 120-1

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Breaking-chains

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 580-1

Is this necessarily the moneyshot you want for a poster? Done right, I can't say no. I'd be interested in something like this, whether or not it depicts a sequence from the movie or not.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 21, 2011 10:57 am

thecolorsblend wrote:You look back on Superman's history and some of the clearest, most consistent and most iconic iconography revolves around...

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Superman_chains

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Superman-chains-pop-master-

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Sman

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 120-1

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Breaking-chains

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 580-1

Is this necessarily the moneyshot you want for a poster? Done right, I can't say no. I'd be interested in something like this, whether or not it depicts a sequence from the movie or not.

The last pic was drawn by Gil Kane. Loved his work even 'back in the day'! In one of those big thick 'Marvel collections' in the vein of 'Origins of Marvel Comics', they reprinted some of his work on the HULK, back when he no longer had his own title but was appearing monthly in TALES TO ASTONISH, which eventually led to him having his own title again. Kane's artwork was awesome! And he definitely had his own style! But then in the early 80's he did some work on the Superman titles, I believe specifically ACTION COMICS. I don't think he handled Supes' main title. I remember he did at least a 'one-shot' for Supes also called 'The Ultimate Man' which I actually thought would've made a great film. Anyway, there was something very unique about his style.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 21, 2011 5:48 pm

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 2eaouiu

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions 204-1
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm

non_amos wrote:The last pic was drawn by Gil Kane. Loved his work even 'back in the day'! In one of those big thick 'Marvel collections' in the vein of 'Origins of Marvel Comics', they reprinted some of his work on the HULK, back when he no longer had his own title but was appearing monthly in TALES TO ASTONISH, which eventually led to him having his own title again. Kane's artwork was awesome! And he definitely had his own style! But then in the early 80's he did some work on the Superman titles, I believe specifically ACTION COMICS. I don't think he handled Supes' main title. I remember he did at least a 'one-shot' for Supes also called 'The Ultimate Man' which I actually thought would've made a great film. Anyway, there was something very unique about his style.
I was never hip to Gil Kane. If you are, that's cool, but I never liked his stuff. He did several fill-ins on Superman and, I think, Spider-Man during the mid-90's, and each was worse than the last, in my opinion.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 22, 2011 12:36 am

So, you guys want something like this?:

'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions Action%20Comics_900_Hughes
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun May 22, 2011 2:00 am

They're great, and you're right. People have to know we're getting a "kick ass" Superman this time. Something completely avoided in the last incarnation's publicity, because Singerman looked and acted like a dweeb throughout.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 22, 2011 4:21 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:So, you guys want something like this?:

The cover more than the content, I think. Smile

Father Finian wrote:They're great, and you're right. People have to know we're getting a "kick ass" Superman this time.
Exactly. Someone, buy this man a beer or something.

Something completely avoided in the last incarnation's publicity, because Singerman looked and acted like a dweeb throughout.
A dweeb. Or a stalker. Or a lovesick nerd. Or an Olympic swimmer in a fetish outfit. Or...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 22, 2011 5:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:

That goes without saying....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun May 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

That goes without saying....
Does it? You've seen some of the reaction to that story. Not all of it has been completely negative. I'm not even going to give someone the opportunity to accuse me of liking that story or approving of that direction for the character. If it EVER comes in conversation, I'll make sure to mention that I think it sucks just so there's no room for ambiguity on the matter.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 22, 2011 10:36 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:[Does it? You've seen some of the reaction to that story. Not all of it has been completely negative. I'm not even going to give someone the opportunity to accuse me of liking that story or approving of that direction for the character. If it EVER comes in conversation, I'll make sure to mention that I think it sucks just so there's no room for ambiguity on the matter.

Around these parts? Yes.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down