Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

+5
lib
non_amos
Father Finian
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
9 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 17 Empty Re: 10.21-22, Finale (spoilers)

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Can't friggin wait. Sounds like some very good stuff.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 11, 2011 3:29 pm

i know colors, i so cant wait to see all the moments in the finale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 12, 2011 9:05 am

Here is another space promo for finale:

Also here is peterson finale video:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri May 13, 2011 1:53 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Also, this sort of ties in to something I think Peterson has said all along where, no matter how far SV seemed to stray, everything would ultimately line up with the mythos.

It does kinda give credence to the rumours about killing SV Jimmy off because he was too old for the canon, and for killing Pa Kent off to tie into the "movie-verse" that Singer was reviving at the time.

I can see what you're saying, and agree with it to a certain extent. I'm the guy who kept saying Smallville has always been it's own thing, but I suppose it has to end at "the accepted beginning", simply because it was never designed to go any further.

Personally I won't be too fussed either way, mostly because I have doubts Lois & Clark are going to get through this wedding ceremony and come out married.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am

Father Finian wrote:It does kinda give credence to the rumours about killing SV Jimmy off because he was too old for the canon,
What I heard (ie, rumor) was that Gough and Millar introduced Jimmy knowing full well that he wasn't THE Jimmy and that, sooner or later, they'd have to make it clear that he wasn't the guy we know from the comics and, when all is said and done, all Peterson and Souders did was inherit that decision. I always found that to be believable. I have a great deal of admiration for Gough and Millar on many counts but this seemed like the kind of thing they'd pull in order to tell the immediate stories they wanted to tell without necessarily keeping an eye on the long term.

and for killing Pa Kent off to tie into the "movie-verse" that Singer was reviving at the time.
I always figured the designs of the Daily Planet entrance (revolving doors), the FOS and other stuff came from Singerman. Who knows, maybe Gough + Millar would've done what they did anyway... but maybe not. Makes you wonder though.

I can see what you're saying, and agree with it to a certain extent. I'm the guy who kept saying Smallville has always been it's own thing,
Yep. It took time but I ultimately came to see it as just another Superman adaptation. Just like the Reeve movies, STAS, L&C, all the rest. That's why I get so fucking pissed off when people who know precisely dick about comics have the nerve to call it "an Elseworlds tale". That can be far more accurately said of the Nolan Batman films, Singerman and other things.

but I suppose it has to end at "the accepted beginning", simply because it was never designed to go any further.
Fair enough. My only beef here is that all SV should be/should've been obligated to do is line up with the core mythos (the secret identity, Lex is a villain, works at the Planet, etc). If it's not necessarily in lock step with a particular movie or a particular comic book or whatever else (Superman doesn't meet so-and-so until such-and-such), that's fine. I don't think it should've ever had to carry any burden past that.

Personally I won't be too fussed either way, mostly because I have doubts Lois & Clark are going to get through this wedding ceremony and come out married.
My worry is that some sort of mind wipe will occur that will rob Lois, Lex and maybe others of The Secret. Frankly, I think there's a ton of juice to be had in Lex knowing Clark is Superman. And as a surprisingly sage and insightful Eunuch page commenter pointed, the mythos have been leaning towards the concept of Lois being central to Clark's balancing act as Superman since the 90's. L&C started it and the comics have run with it. Looking back on it... yeah, dude's right. That's exactly what the mythos have been doing the past 20'ish years.

My only point is that time travel/mind-wipe bullshit robs SV of a lotta stuff that made it unique and smacks of that same "Henry James Olsen" shit that, indisposed though I usually am to concede anything to these fucktards, the Apologists do have a legitimate complaint about.

But whatever. Canon is what you make it. I pick and choose "my continuity" as I see fit so, in the end, my perceptions should be the only thing I'm concerned with.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

10.21-22, Finale (spoilers) - Page 17 Empty RE: 10.21-22, Finale (Spoilers)

Post  non_amos Fri May 13, 2011 2:41 am

My only point is that time travel/mind-wipe bullshit robs SV of a lotta stuff that made it unique and smacks of that same "Henry James Olsen" shit that, indisposed though I usually am to concede anything to these fucktards, the Apologists do have a legitimate complaint about.

'Clark without the glasses' seems to be one of duh apologists biggest gripes like 'the whole world is gonna recognize him as Superman' but they may have a point there so I wouldn't put it past them pulling a 'Superman 2'. Actually I don't think that was really even a good ending for that film. It's just stupid but I guess it also hearkens back to the whole 'Silver Age mentality' too, i.e., Lois couldn't know Clark was Superman, just suspect it, etc.

However, maybe we won't get a 'mind-wipe' after all. Case in point. At the end of last week's ep, we saw Toyman threaten to expose Clark's secret in so many words. Clark's response? If he did that, 'we wouldn't get to play anymore', which obviously meant more to Toyman than exposing him. We wonder what Lex will do with his own knowledge of this? Who knows? Maybe he'd do like Toyman, be having too much fun 'playing' to put an end to it. This should be one of those things that are left 'open-ended'. If they do go the 'mind-wipe' route or spinning the Earth backwards, it'd be like the supreme cop-out & a slap in the face to SV fans. Hopefully they don't do that. Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 13, 2011 3:35 am

It comes down to how Lex is characterized. If we're talking about the current Lex who thinks he's protecting the human race from alien invasions or some such, it really is up for grabs as to what he'd do with the knowledge.

But there's another take on Lex that says his beef is with Superman. Not Lois, not the Kents, not Clark. Superman. What he wants is to destroy what Superman represents. He'd get a bigger thrill out of making Superman back down and go into hiding than he would killing nameless, faceless strangers (ie, Jonathan and Martha). If this version of Lex were to find out The Secret... I honestly don't think it would change much of how he operates.

Either way, I like the idea of the corporate Lex knowing The Secret since it gives Superman something to lose. He always knows what Luthor's up to but he can't prove it. He has the goods on Lex, he just lacks the evidence. This puts them on a little more equal footing. Now Clark has something to lose too. Lex has something on him. When, where and how (and will?) he choose to pull the trigger?

I think there's a ton of dramatic potential to be milked from this.

As for the glasses thing, maybe I'm over-thinking this, but the analogy I always used was that let's say you were in your front yard mowing the grass. You look over and you see (a pre-Moe Green special) Osama bin Laden walking down your street. Well, your first thought wouldn't be "holy shit, that's Osama bin Laden". Your first thought would be a variation on "holy shit, that guy looks just like Osama bin Laden".

Same thing with Superman. Nobody would look at Clark and think "he MUST be Superman! It's the only POSSIBLE explanation, old chum!" No. It'd be something like "y'know... Clark kinda looks like Superman. You ever notice that? Fuckin weird, eh?"

I guaranfuckingtee it. NOBODY would EVER think Superman pretended to be a put-upon, overlooked office drone. Nerdy Clark or Confident Clark, the brilliance of the disguise is that Superman hides in plain sight because who the hell would ever think to look for him there?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Man its so sad to see the show go tonight. Been watchin it from day one. Never missed an episode which is remarkable with the show being 218 episodes. So can't wait for all the super moments in the finale. As for mindwipe/alining to mythoss. Id do not see them doing that. It just screws with all the character developments through the yrs. Plus in one of peterson's interview made it clear sv has it own mythos and not everything will aline to comics. Also I thought kelly/ brian goodbye to fans and thanking them letter was real sweet.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Fri May 13, 2011 6:45 pm

just wanted to drop a quick line hoping everyone enjoys the finale tonite!
i'm sure the final episode will be epic.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 13, 2011 7:18 pm

lib wrote:just wanted to drop a quick line hoping everyone enjoys the finale tonite!
i'm sure the final episode will be epic.
Not to worry, I'm sure the asshole Apologists are ready, willing and able to tell us the myriad ways the finale failed. Hell, half of 'em probably have their little posts ready to go.

Ass-bags...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Well tonight is the night. The finale episodes of smallville is upon us. I cant believe ten yrs ago this little show started. Never expected to see it go this long. It has had its ups and down through the yrs. But it has been an enjoyable run. Tonight we see darkseid's ultimate plan for earth, lex luthor's return and clark rise into superman.

The episode was titled Finale part one was written by Al Septien and Turi Meyer, kelly souders and brian peterson wrote part 2. Part one directed by kevin fair and part 2 greg beemen. Al and turi wrote a very emotional start to the finale. They had a nice leadup to all the drama with the wedding and getting clark and lois to the alter together. Then from there kelly and brian brought up the action and wrap up of the story lines.

I thought all four writers did a very good job. We got some great stuff with the lois and clark romance. The rise of superman and lex's return and darkseid's defeat. I enjoyed it all. It was a very emotional episodes tonight and end for the series.

The plotlines were nicely wrapped up but open ended showing us that superman has many many more adventures to go. The future scenes at the start/finish were very interesting. I know alot were thinking they were going to pull a st. elswhere/dallas gotcha ending. Glad it wasnt. It was also cool to see jimmy, perry, and all the superman elements.

The stuff with jorel was great. It was a wonderful way they ended jorel and clark's trials and battles through the yrs. The scene with reviewing his trials and gaining the suit was great. Darkseid stuff was pretty good to. Only disapointed a bit he didnt have a full on body of his own. But he way clark took him out and stop the planet were sweet. The sfx shots were all pretty dam great.

Directors tonight did a great glab. Both fair and beemen were great choices to close the show out. The way the lighting, camera angles and blocking were good. They both also got great preformances out of everyone. The technical end of things everything looked very polish and movie like. It was great to see the show look at great as possible to end out.

Acting was wicked all around for the finale episodes of smallville. All the leads and guest stars did great job tonight. As always starting with tom. He has grow oh so much since the pilot to the finale. He has embody superman elements and ideals great. He has proven over time he has become a solid actor and can play a vast array of characters and emotions. He brought in his A game tonight.

Erica durance as lois lane. Was strong, willing, and brunt. Everything lois is and always will be. The drama with the wedding stuff and her feeling for clark were handled great by erica. She has been a delight since she brought in yrs ago. It was great to see her and clark's journey grow and develop through the yrs. They played off eachother great. Tom and erica have always had great on screen chemistry.

Justin hartley as oliver queen was good too. The drama with his darkness and clark showing him the light was well played off. Justin did very well tonight in his scenes. I thought his acting was on pace and did very well.

Same goes for allison mack as chloe. She only had a very scenes in the finale. It was great she returned for the end. As much as the chloe character has had its ups and down i did enjoy her run for the most part through the yrs. She and tom also had great chemistry together and played off each other very well. She was a good character for the most part. Also it was nice that they gave her a kid at the end and she is a mommy.

Cassidy freeman as Tess Mercer/Lutessa lena luthor was great. Her scenes tonight was pretty good. She brought all the emotional notes and hit them well. She also had some wicked badass escape scene and shooting of lionel. Her final scene with lex was also great. Loved how she in the end protected clark and wiped out lex's memories of clark and his powers and secret. But it was sad to see her killed off. I had feeling it would happen but was hoping they wouldnt kill her off.

Annette o'toole and john S was great tonight. There scenes with clark were touching and hearwarming. Everything they were in the early yrs of the show. Both actors hit there marks and its like they were never gone. They were great to have together one last time. Going to miss seeing them together.

Michael Rosenbaum as lex luthor. First i got to say i was so glad michael decided to return. it wouldnt have been fitting if lex wasnt there in the end. His scenes with tom, cassidy were great. He did not loose a step at all after all these yrs he been gone. also the bald cap looked fine to me with all the lighting/processing. So i didnt mind he didnt shave his head for his return. He was smooth, charming, and a chunning villain to the story.

This leaves John glover as lionel luthor. His scene with tess and clark were very good. He like he always been was one of the best actors in the show. His character grew from good to bad, to where is his alligence and all that. He did a wonderful job tonight.

All in all a very solid finale. It was a good end to the series and i am deeply going to miss the show. I grew along with clark through these ten yrs. From last 3 yrs of highschool, to 5 yrs of college and graduating to entering the workplace. Through its ups and down the show has become a great take on the superman legend and mythos. It was great to see the show carve its own spot in superman history.

As i said earlier the sfx work was great tonight. The hovering and flying scenes looked good. The darkseid planet was wicked cool. To the other little things through the yrs the special effects on the most part have been good for the show.

It was also wonderful to see(well hear) perry white being classic perry in the end in 2018 future scene. Same goes for aaron ashmore returning as "Real" jimmy olsen this time. It was nice to see him get to really play the real jimmy now. It was a total shocker to see him in the finale.

I wish there was more they could have done, heck it also would have been great to have a limited/commerical free finale. But it did hit all the marks for me. I was throughly enjoyed through the episode and happy with how things went. As for the ending, as much as i do love the williams theme. I personally would have left it out. Yes its iconic and well loved. But it would have been great to see there own song to mark the end.

Also the ending with clark going to a rescue was nice. Would have loved to see him in more of the suit. Also was almost what i was hoping would be the final shot of the show. Mine would have been clark hears a call for help. Goes to the roof like we saw. But change into the full suit and fly off to the direction of the call and we see clark flying towards the camera with zoom in on the S shield.

But in the end very happy ending. Now it just sucks the show is over. It was a great run. 218 episodes, ten yrs, and the vast rich dc universe they made. When the show started many moons ago i never expected alot of these things to ever happen. Tonight was the end of the smallville era and its mark in history. I hope the show is remembered for all the good it did through the yrs and not for the stumbles it had from time to time. Also congrats to the cast, crew and everyone at dc comics, and wb for everything they did for the show. Also great the show will end in the record books for being the longest running scifi/fantasy north america show. That and all the great dc elements they brought in and used will always be some of the highlights from the show.

So to end my final review of the series it was a great run and i will deeply miss it. And all the wonderful debates i had for yrs on many many messageboards. I hope everyone enjoyed the show and are happy with its finale. IT was SUPER through and through. This is it my goodbye to smallville.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 pm

Duh Homopage is never one to disappoint:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9785#comments

May 13, 2011: "Smallville" Series Finale Discussion Thread
Smallville Once you've watched the series finale of "Smallville", come back to the Superman Homepage and join fellow members and fans to chat about what you saw in our "Smallville" Series Finale Discussion Thread in the forums.

Remember, we would like to maintain an environment that encourages lively and intellectually honest debate. To that end, we expect you to follow our basic rules and premises. YOUR ABILITY TO POST - AND REMAIN - A MEMBER OF THIS WEBSITE IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT YOUR RIGHT. Violation of our rules and expectations are grounds to ban you permanently from being a member of this site. Read the Member Rules to ensure you understand what you are and are not allowed to post here.

JOIN IN!

· Steve Younis on May 13, 2011 6:19pm EST· 65 Comments · 1755 Reads ·Print

The ASININE comments from duh apologists I believe are building up too much to list all but here's a sample:

#60 | Sabaoth on May 13, 2011 10:27pm EST
Ok, people. It was a horrible ending.
What a pity.
They could have done so much better.
Tom never wore the suit.
It was an unexpected disappointing ending.
As a joke, I and others said that they would likely put Tom's head on Brandon Routh's body.
It was supposed to be a joke.
But that was what they actually did, using stock footage from Superman Returns.
Sad, very sad.
If I knew they were going to let down the fans like this at the end, I would not have religiously watched the show over the last six plus years that I did, nor would I have purchased any of the DVD sets that I did.
Seriously, not even a second of Tom in the suit.
Major fail.
At least this unfortunate chapter in the Superman history is over and we can look forward to Man of Steel.

Here's from their forums:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=9157

Kal-El85
Top #12 Print Post
Posted on May 13, 2011 10:11pm

10 Years for that... Are you kidding me???

First hour was a complete waste of time...
No real battle with Darkseid. After all that, you're telling me that he's going to defeat the darkness by just pushing a planet away. That's lazier than the Kryptonite island from Superman Returns. Then you just completely erase Lex's memories...smh. & probably more than anything else, you never get a really good shot of the suit.

Had I not stopped watching this show consistently 5 years ago, I'd really be upset right now. I guess I know what not to put on my Christmas list this fall. The Smallville Box set. This episode was extravagantly mediocre, but still mediocre at best.

Expected much more... Edited by Kal-El85 on May 13, 2011 10:30pm

To be fair here 'KAL-EL85' was a realist when I was there. Don't know what happened.

Ya know, I see the comments about how there was no 'clear' shot of Welling in the suit, the CGI & all of that. I felt a little disappointed myself because I wanted a 'full-on' shot of Welling in the suit, like landing in the crowd after the save. A shot that could now be posted on this site. I don't feel like we got a really good one. Nevertheless I do feel like in just a few brief moments that they 'personified' Superman anyway! And maybe there is only so much they can do because of the upcoming film? Possibly. Anyway, still enjoyed the episode no matter what they say! Smile

But the way Lex was brought back & especially the MIND-WIPE ANYWAY, that kinda blew! Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Fri May 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Since we had a recap from webhead, I will be brief:

What worked
1. Story- It was a well conceived story to adjust the Superman canon
2. Acting
3. Some of the effects especially with Clark and Darkseid

What didnt
Singerman suit- If we got to see a CGI Superman, why couldnt it be classic suit? And wear classic \s/ shirt at the end
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 am

We saw enough of Superman to do the job, I think. Did I get every single little thing I wanted from my bucket list? Of course not but how likely was that?

There simply are no words for how happy this made me. There doesn't need to be a comparison between this and Singerman. Singerman lifted an island consisting of a substance that should have killed him into outer space. Superman pushed an entire motherfucking planet, saving billions of lives in the process.

The one major gripe I've got is Lex's memory wipe. I kinda figured that's where things were going and it really disappoints me since it basically invalidates his entire series arc.

Lionelside's voice in the barn was pure Velveeta. But Clark learning to fly in that moment more than made up for it.

Something else? I freakin called it. The Apologists, haters and other douchebuckets were all convinced we'd get, at best, a fleeting glimpse of Superman. I said, though, that the resolution to this thing is a job for Superman; not Clark, not Kal-El, not The Blur, not anything else. Superman. Therefore, it stood to reason that we'd get a more prolonged action sequence with Superman where HE saves the day.

If it hadn't happened, nobody could've said we were lied to by the producers, who assured us the series would end with him becoming Superman and they NEVER promised us any type of Superman action sequence. But we got one and, on that basis, the series far exceeded the original promise.

No complaints here.

5/5 if ever there was one.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 14, 2011 12:59 am

Put together some YouTube videos for you guys. Who knows how long YouTube will allow them to stay but you've got 'em. For now.

-- Clark Becomes Superman

-- Superman Begins
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 14, 2011 1:47 am

Did Gary Frank do the artwork in that comic?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 14, 2011 1:49 am

I enjoyed the finale for the most part. I think they took the "tease" concept a little far at the end, but overall it was a satisfying ending to a 10 year long television show.

Anyone remember how 'Seinfeld' ended??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 14, 2011 1:51 am

non_amos wrote:The ASININE comments from duh apologists I believe are building up too much to list all but here's a sample:

What a pity.
Tom never wore the suit.
As a joke, I and others said that they would likely put Tom's head on Brandon Routh's body.
Sad, very sad.
If I knew they were going to let down the fans like this at the end, I would not have religiously watched the show over the last six plus years that I did, nor would I have purchased any of the DVD sets that I did.
Major fail.
At least this unfortunate chapter in the Superman history is over and we can look forward to Man of Steel.

Anyone else TASTE the sour grapes permeating this idiot's post?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Belltown213 Sat May 14, 2011 1:58 am

Thanks for the clips from the finale colorsblend!
Belltown213
Belltown213
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 14, 2011 2:45 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:The ASININE comments from duh apologists I believe are building up too much to list all but here's a sample:

What a pity.
Tom never wore the suit.
Sad, very sad.
Major fail.

Anyone else TASTE the sour grapes permeating this idiot's post?

Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg & the comments are growing but there are a few voices of approval mixed in with them. I'm kinda surprised Eunuch hasn't had to step in & referee yet! cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 14, 2011 3:22 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Did Gary Frank do the artwork in that comic?
Yeah, sure looks that way. And I, for one, wonder why the hell he couldn't stay "on model" (given the subject) and draw Superman to resemble Welling. The Reeve thing is creepy enough in his regular work but it makes no friggin sense in the meta-comic.

Apologist Puncher wrote:I enjoyed the finale for the most part. I think they took the "tease" concept a little far at the end, but overall it was a satisfying ending to a 10 year long television show.
I'd agree with that. It did a feel a bit too self-restrained but there's no arguing that it showed us a lot more than most people were predicting.

Anyone remember how 'Seinfeld' ended??
How could I forget. THAT was a bad finale. Basically it was a clip show. Sure, the SV finale had clips from earlier episodes but those were done to advance the plot, the characters or both. And they were brief anyway.

Oh, and something else. Did you notice the American flag on the roof top as Welling finally did a proper shirt rip? It's clearly visible in that second YouTube vid I posted. You KNOW that if Singer had been directing that scene, the flag wouldn't have been there.

Another little tidbit. In season 2, Mark Snow threw in snatches of Williams music. These were re-orchestrations. Simply using the music was pricey enough but using the original STM tracks? Likely cost-prohibitive.

We didn't get re-orchestrations in the finale. Those were the same music tracks from the film itself (for better or for worse). You have any idea how much that had to have cost? Couldn't have come cheap.

Another thing is the lack of x-ray vision effects in recent seasons. That's another pricey thing. Where possible, the episodes showed Clark using his super-hearing since you could do those sorts of shots in Adobe Aftereffects, no fuss, no muss (people do effects demos on YouTube all the time; check 'em out, it ain't hard at all). But in the finale? We got at least two x-ray vision shots.

And this is not to speak of the numerous Apokolips shots and other high cost effects sequences (or, for that matter, all the guest stars).

To the best of their ability, it really felt like Peterson and Souders pulled out all the stops to make the finale something special. I think they even copped to setting aside funds from each individual episode so they'd have extra money for the finale. They deserve credit for their hard work and creativity, esp for this finale. They're not likely to get it from too many people, mind you, but they deserve the credit.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone else TASTE the sour grapes permeating this idiot's post?
It'll be just a matter of time until that dickhead and his fellow Apologist sheep give up even the pretense of objectivity.

non_amos wrote:Believe me, this is just the tip of the iceberg & the comments are growing but there are a few voices of approval mixed in with them. I'm kinda surprised Eunuch hasn't had to step in & referee yet! cyclops
Well why the hell should he? It's not like he has to worry about burning whatever remaining bridges he has with the SV crew anymore. He's perfectly free to let his little band of Hitler youths take the gloves off now. Nothing to lose.

Belltown213 wrote:Thanks for the clips from the finale colorsblend!
No sir, don't thank me. We're all part of the same team. Good night.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 14, 2011 3:52 am

non_amos wrote:Duh Homopage is never one to disappoint:
Fuck it, I'm coming back to this.

The Eunuch wrote:Remember, we would like to maintain an environment that encourages lively and intellectually honest debate.
Oh really? When the fuck did that happen? Did I miss a memo or something? You've all read their shit, there's nothing I can add to it at this point but this cock-smoker expects us to think he believes in intellectual honesty? Fuck him, that's our bag. More than ever I believe those fucks lurk here because we've all prided ourselves on our intellectual honesty at one point or another.

"Well, as good as STAS is, there were some weak spots to it". "Tom Welling is great in the role but there are times when his voice is too flat or he just doesn't convey the emotion or the truth of the scene as well as a lot of other actors would." "I love Reeve as much as the next guy but the dude REALLY needed to have bulked up more for Superman IV." "It's not that Tim Daly was bad, but George Newburn was better." Shit like that.

It doesn't mean we hate on those adaptations but we're all about being fair and objective around here. We can enjoy something while still realizing it's short of perfection. In other words, we're everything The Eunuch isn't.

Pissed me right off when I read that "intellectually honest" line up there. That guy can piss off as far as I'm concerned. Sorry but that motherfucker banned people for the "crime" of having a dissenting opinion from Fuhrer Eunuch, Herr Bailey or the Apologist Youths. "Intellectual honesty" went out the window YEARS ago. Too late now, dillhole.

No tradebacks.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Sat May 14, 2011 9:57 am

I thought the finale was well done story wise. Better than I expected.
The last scene of Welling on the roof was well done as well.

What I didn't like was the cartoonish look of Superman in the sequences. And I have to agree that you don't actually see Welling in the suit.

Otherwise I'd give the finale a 8.5 out of 10.

And I have to agree with AP. Finales have been disappointing as of late.... like the Sopranos and Lost. I was actually angry the way they concluded Lost. A lot of questions were left unanswered on the Lost finale...and the creators pretty much coped out the finale.

Similar to what Colors said...the end of Smallville isn't really supposed to be the end. It's supposed to launch the next chapter of Superman...which is exactly what the finale did.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 14, 2011 11:34 am

Next Friday we have the SEASON finale of SUPERNATURAL, not SERIES finale as in SV. Not a Supernatural thread I know but the 2 shows have been closely linked over the years & it's a shame that now we'll NEVER see the rumored 'cross-over'! I'm still glad Supernatural was renewed for next season but it's obviously gonna feel different without SV. Nevertheless it looks like it's gonna be one 'humdinger' of an episode! It'd be nice if there is some spinoff from SV to go along with it like BOOSTER GOLD and/or BLUE BEETLE. At this point I'd even welcome 'SUPERBOY' if it continued what SV started. Even a 'SUPERGIRL' show in the same vein would be welcome. Knowing our luck though, we won't get any of these things. Supernatural will probably get paired with 'Vampire Diaries-Part 2' or something. *SIGH!* pale
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 14, 2011 11:57 am

Just curious here. Is it possible that anyone can find out the true facts on why we didn't get a full body shot of Welling in the suit? Was it legal reasons? Was it due to the film reboot? Or was it like duh apologists are whining? They state that 'Welling said he never wanted to wear the suit' & in the end 'he didn't wear the suit' AKA a 'cop-out'. I'm just curious if we can find out in the coming days & weeks if we can get the true story?! Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next