Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman TV series AFTER Nolan?!

3 posters

Go down

Batman TV series AFTER Nolan?! Empty Batman TV series AFTER Nolan?!

Post  non_amos Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey guys, check out this link:

http://comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=25237

I have NO IDEA how reliable this is. It WOULD, however, be VERY interesting. Why? Because Batman has such a RICH rogues gallery that's it's a SHAME we have to WAIT 3-4 years between films. You could be collecting social security before they EVER got around to featuring them at at THAT rate. Sure, a TV series would be a lower budget but hey, Smallville worked!

I remember they TRIED to do BIRDS OF PREY based on Batman's 'daughter', the Huntress ( which in the comics was Earth-2 Bats I believe. Better to just do a BATMAN series & cut the crap. Thoughts?

P.S. I found this at Countingdown & 'Steve' seemed to have NO idea. What's wrong 'Steve', getting senile?! Cool
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Batman TV series AFTER Nolan?! Empty Re: Batman TV series AFTER Nolan?!

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 pm

More and more, I'm starting to think that comic book adaptations are better suited for television than film. TV lends itself better to episodic storytelling (whether or not the stories themselves are episodic) like comic books moreso than movies do.

Of course, time-constraints, budgets and a different tier of actors are considerations here.

But for Smallville (and Singerman, come to think of it), I'd actually be championing a live action Superman TV show right now rather than a film.

But a Batman TV show? Yeah, I could get onboard with that. He's a rich character and you could do different things with him each week.

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Saw that article on cbm. It was an interesting rumor. But I doubt its true. No way they would do a batman show now/near future. Since we know films is what they want.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 am

I read a few of the responses, and it cracks me up when those idiots say "at gunna be anudda SMALLVILLE!!!" like that's a "bad" thing.

I mean, why would WB want ANOTHER show on TV for 10 years, making millions on DVD when it comes out? Why not instead give the franchise to a limited-vision director, who can make ONE flop of a film that costs you millions instead?

Absurd, I tell ya.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 am

Haha ya. It would be neat if we did have a tv show for bats. But I still don't think it would happen anytime soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:10 am

One reason I could buy into this is because Nolan seems to be making a trilogy. As much as I'd love an anthology movie franchise, the fact is (my personal opinions aside) Nolan is going to be a tough act to follow as far as the public is concerned.

Because of that, there's some logic in making a show.

As for "another Smallville"... y'know, I sometimes wish to fuck STM had never been made. I mean, yeah, it gave us an awesome Superman with Reeve and all but at some point that fucking movie DEFINED Superman instead of REPRESENTING him. Because of that, every fucking douchenozzle with a cable modem and a keyboard suddenly think he's an expert on what makes Superman who he is. "Another Smallville". That guy can go fuck himself. Smallville is in lock step with the canon as often as it departs from it. The SV showrunners depart from the canon (although not the mythos) no more often and certainly no more egregiously than Donner did.

If I had time and all those motherfuckers lined up in front of me, how I'd love to kick 'em all in the nuts...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down