Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool

2 posters

Go down

Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool Empty Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:36 am

Deadpool is definitely in the top five most popular Marvel characters right now... and I sometimes really wonder who the fuck is buying those books. A friend of mine is hardcore into Deadpool. I've flipped through a few issues here and there but I've just never understood his appeal. It's like Deadpool is the character non-fans follow. Deadpool is "ironic" and "self-aware" and knows he's in a comic book and the book pokes fun at a lot of comic book tropes. That appeals to non-fans who haven't developed the intellectual pair of balls to acknowledge that, yes, they are collecting COMIC BOOKS.

Hey, if you're into Deadpool, that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. But (A) I don't get and will probably never get the character's popularity and (B) I can't quite shake the suspicion that he's the "safe" comic book character for outsiders, mainstreamers and straights to follow.

Eh...

NOTE- I only made the subject line what it is so the forum will accept the title of this thread. The subject line has to be at least 10 characters long. What a retarded rule.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool Empty Re: Deadpool Deadpool Deadpool

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 am

Just for you, colors:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down