Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited! Empty Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited!

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:54 am

Read 'em & weep:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10169#comments

August 17, 2011: "Man of Steel" Set Visit... But We Weren't Invited
Henry Cavill as Superman Warner Bros. has sent out invitations to a number of media outlets to attend a one day set tour for "Man of Steel" later this month... but despite our status as the No. 1 Superman fan site in the world, the filmmakers have decided not to select the Superman Homepage as amongst those invited.

While we're bitterly disappointed that Zack Snyder and company decided not to include the Superman Homepage in the "Man of Steel" set tour, we do have a good relationship with other media sources who were invited, and will let you know when they post their reports.

However don't expect to see any reports on the set tour for quite some time. Generally these set tours are conducted early in a film's production process, with those attending made to sign an embargo contract agreeing to not post any details on the set tour until a specified future date... which could quite possibly be in another twelve months or more.

In 2005 the Superman Homepage attended the two day set tour for "Superman Returns", which resulted in a dozen different reports, including cast and crew interviews.

· Steve Younis on August 17, 2011 12:00am EST· 4 Comments · 350 Reads

And read duh 1st apologist comment:

#1 | Doug22 on August 17, 2011 12:30am EST
Good sign or bad?

Is Snyder/MOS trying to hide things or not?

Can't imagine why the Homepage would not be invited. Another reason I'm quicky losing confidence in Snyder and MOS.

Isn't the point to build to your base and expand from that? What better source than the Homepage to build to the base. I don't get it. Seems like a major PR faux pas on MOS's part. JMHO.

But really, what is your take on why you were excluded? It's like how can WB/Snyder/MOS notbe aware of the omepage and it's import on the internet?

Gee, I dunno, why was duh OMEPAGE excluded? Ya reckon maybe Snyder was aware of Eunuch & duh Singerman trip?! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited! Empty Re: Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited!

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:25 am

I think that's quite possible. The Powers That Be may be out of touch on some things but nobody is going to tell me that the fans didn't play a MAJOR role in the cancellation of Singerman 2- Stalker of Pleather. If we'd kept our silence, I truly believe WB would've been more likely to pull the trigger on a sequel.

I mean, look at the basic FACTS. The Eunuch page as well as the troglodyte members are known shills for Singerman. They're at perfect liberty to badmouth anything Superman that Bryan Singer wasn't involved with. What, you think crew members aren't aware of that? Or the acrimony that ensued among the fanbase? They may not have a calendar of times, dates and names but I guarandamntee you they know who caused 90% of the problems among the core fans lo these past several years. So tell me, why in the hell would they want to open themselves up for that level of criticism? Why suffer SV's fate? Leaving the Singerman Homepage out is a very clear mission statement on the part of the MOS production, and one I wholeheartedly support, endorse and thank them for.

It just goes to show you that, irrespective of how Snyder's film turns out, they're at least aware of who's REALLY caused the problems these past several years. The crew opposing/ignoring Eunuch doesn't necessarily make them my friends but we're sure as shit not enemies now, be sure of that.

As ever, Steve Eunuch and his little gang of Apologist boot-lickers can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited! Empty Re: Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited!

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

The Eunuch has spoken!

The Most High Apologist wrote:#2 | Steve Younis on August 17, 2011 12:53am EST
I was told that the WB people submitted a wish list to talent reps (our name was included on that list). Then the filmmakers and talent reps come back to the WB with who they want them to invite from that list. I believe, being that it's only a one day tour, that less media were able to attend this set tour then what was done for "Superman Returns". I'm guessing media like EW, Variety, Movies.com, etc... were more vital to their PR than us. After all... they already know we're going to go see this movie.
Check the bolded section. According to Eunuch, the production is perfectly aware of his page's existence. And then they affirmatively CHOSE not to use his "services".

Anybody who doesn't think this is a slap in the face to the Singerman Homepage... well, odds are good they're Apologists themselves so what's it worth?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:44 am

Duh apologists are already accepting Eunuch's 'explanation' lock, stock, & barrel:

#5 | drwcomics on August 17, 2011 2:01am EST
Doug 22, I really think that Steve's explanation is the correct one. While this stings, even as a fan of this site, I honestly don't think that Snyder and co. would be so petty and thin skinned as to diss comic book fans for behaving in exactly the way that they ALWAYS behave when presented with an early image of a superhero movie (nit picking the picture very nearly to death). And also: for every negative comment I've seen about the costume, I've seen at least two or three positive ones. People like Cavil. People like the suit.

I'm guessing that, as Steve said, the filmmakers had limited space for this set visit, and chose the media outlets that they felt could give them the absolute BEST PR. It stings, but, sadly, it also makes sense.

You see?! Variety, EW, etc., had to take precedence! Translation: Snyder to Eunuch- "It's nothing personal."

Yeah, R-R-R-I-I-I-G-G-G-H-H-H-T-T-T!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am

Ah boo hoo for smhp not getting a set tour. And what an idiot that first comment guy made. Of course things are kept hidden so stuff doesn't leak out to early. And doesn't mean just cause home page didn't get invited that mos/snyder suck.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:46 am

Heh. Ready for something funny? The Eunuch page, as you all know, was passed over for a set visit.

But one of their staffers will still be doing a set visit. Jeffrey Taylor (pro-Routh generally if never particularly a Singerman devotee as far as I know) is a columnist for movies.com and will thus be visiting under those auspices. As part of his contractual obligations, methinks he can only dish about whatever he sees on/to movies.com and not the Eunuch page. I don't know how these things work but I'd imagine he could get in dutch if he filed a report for the Eunuch page.

How do ya like dem apples? Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Whatever happened to the gay guy that Eunuch 'fired'? I can't even think of his name at the moment but surprisingly he was one of the few 'voices of reason' over there! Colors, I know you quoted some stuff from his Facebook one time, a letter he got from Eunuch I believe. Anyway, my point is it'd be interesting to see how he feels about these latest developments, both about the film itself as well as duh Homopage. Where does he stand?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm

non_amos wrote:Whatever happened to the gay guy that Eunuch 'fired'? I can't even think of his name at the moment but surprisingly he was one of the few 'voices of reason' over there! Colors, I know you quoted some stuff from his Facebook one time, a letter he got from Eunuch I believe. Anyway, my point is it'd be interesting to see how he feels about these latest developments, both about the film itself as well as duh Homopage. Where does he stand?
I believe you're referring to Barry Freiman. Or perhaps it is Frieman. Whichever.

Anyway. Haven't seen much from the guy since he quit the Eunuch page. But, as you say, he was one of the few even-handed staffers on that miserable excuse for a web page.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm

From the same Homopage link, now our old friend 'swrighty' adds his 2 cents worth:

#21 | Steve Wright on August 17, 2011 11:36am EST
sounds like a fan diss to me....... it is what it is

Nah. They are going to invite all the major media outlets to something like this. Supermanhomepage, while being a big fan site, is not on the level of those outlets. But, don't think they are trying to rob the fans. Eventually the SHP will be conducting interviews and such for the site for the movie.

You see? There's still time for duh Homopage! Get the 'big guns' out of the way first, then bring in guys like Eunuch later in the production. See, works like a charm! Laughing

I do have a concern though. It's possible that at some point that Snyder may have to reach out to duh Homopage & their 'equivalents' lest they risk 'alienating' that segment of the fanbase. After all, in spite of all of their 'jack-offery', they will 'put butts in the seats' after all. And you can bet WB is concerned about that! Money talks. However, I can see them being overly cautious when it comes to duh Eunuch. If he eventually gets any special privileges, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if they waited until the '11th hour' to bring him in, that way they minimize 'damage control'. But I don't think it'll be handled the way Singer allowed it to be so.

Another concern. I could've missed it but I've yet to see any mention of this forum over at duh Homopage. You know they're aware of our existence, right? Unless they really are that dense? Anyway, you'd think we'd at least get 'honorable mention' somewhere, from someone. One of the mods perhaps? But then again, why should we? After all, duh Homopage is 'duh numbre one sight fro al thigns Soopermna!' Laughing

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited! Empty Oh WOW!

Post  Rduce Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Sure wish I could post pics, I have one that would be perfect to display here! Oh well....

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Rduce wrote:Sure wish I could post pics, I have one that would be perfect to display here! Oh well....

Why can't you?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 pm

I love how Eunuch is pouting about it. If it DIDN'T bother his midget ass, he wouldn't have said Word One. But the fact that he made this "article", and then continues to talk about it with his brain-dead sheeple shows just how deeply this cut his money-grubbing "heart".

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited! 99
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Hell, I would even go so far as to say Snyder should have invited US for a set visit. I mean, we had a hand in him having the opportunity in the first place and all.....

Man of Steel Set Visit...But Eunuch Wasn't Invited! 129197927484101966
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hell, I would even go so far as to say Snyder should have invited US for a set visit. I mean, we had a hand in him having the opportunity in the first place and all.....
You could more easily make that argument than Eunuch and his minions, no doubts there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 pm

And you know I could.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Rduce wrote:Sure wish I could post pics, I have one that would be perfect to display here! Oh well....

Why can't you?

I guess mainly because I don't seem to know how to do it!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:19 am

Rduce wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:

Why can't you?

I guess mainly because I don't seem to know how to do it!
Click reply, find the button called "Host an image", click it, upload picture, be sure to resize it if it's huge (the click of another button) and then input the code it gives you.

Easy-peezy.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:31 am

I've tried that but I can't get the upload to upload!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:51 am

Rduce wrote:I've tried that but I can't get the upload to upload!

You're not alone. I've tried the exact same instructions, multiple times, & it doesn't work for me either. Ironically I did get YOUTUBE to work that way but the pics never take! I even save them to 'My Photos' so that I can try to upload them like on eBay but it just doesn't work for me here.

To clarify, when I get Youtube to work, I right-click on the video itself & select 'copy video URL'. I then come back here & select the 'video' tab for when you reply. I then 'paste' the URL & click 'OK'. The code then appears beneath whatever comments I posted. To be sure I did it right, I first 'preview' my post & sure enough, the image is there. Then I send my post. Voila! But that's with Youtube.

When I try to post a pic, I follow the same type of format, except for uploading pics in this case. When I 'browse' my files for the right pic, I select it, but here is where I believe the problem begins. Instead of the 'code' appearing like with Youtube beneath my comments, instead I get 3 'URL-looking thingys' below that look related to the pic itself but this is where I try in vain to upload it! Clicking OK or whatever, it just doesn't take! No code appears like with Youtube, nothing. I've about given up trying, so you're not alone in this. I just don't understand it. Is it my computer? Is it my ISP provider? Just what is it?! Crying or Very sad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 am

Haha ya yt on times have muckedup for me here and there. But 8 times out of ten it usually works. As for image really all you got to do is take the link from the photo like if u right click it and go to its properties. And then if u don't want to end up hotlinking images take it to a hosting site like tinypic/photobucket/imageshack. Then when u get link from there just do the parentheses /img parentheses img and you should be good.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:15 am

What I'm trying to do though is I actually save the images to my computer in 'My Pictures'. Then when I try to upload one to this site, I choose 'Host An Image', which I believe is the correct method if you're using an image saved on your computer. But then I get all of the crap described above. Now I know there's a button beside it that just says 'Image' which I believe is if you're taking the image from an actual website? Well, I've tried that before too but in vain. I used to couldn't even get Youtube to work either but then one day, BAM! Worked like a charm! Now that's a piece of cake! I just wanna be able to do likewise with the pics. I've tried to follow the instructions like Colors gave last night before, step-by-step, but I get like what I described above. Maybe someone can read the steps I listed & point out anything I may be doing wrong?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 am

Did you try what I said.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:50 am

webhead2006 wrote:Did you try what I said.

Haven't tried that yet & may be a while before I do. It's Saturday & I have other things to do after a while. Smile

But yeah, I intend to look into this some more. It's just frustrating because when you run into problems like this, you still end up having to go to work, etc., so you tend to just drop it and/or give up.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:56 am

Ok man just drop me a pm later if u got it to work or any more issues.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 pm

non_amos wrote:
Rduce wrote:I've tried that but I can't get the upload to upload!

You're not alone. I've tried the exact same instructions, multiple times, & it doesn't work for me either. Ironically I did get YOUTUBE to work that way but the pics never take! I even save them to 'My Photos' so that I can try to upload them like on eBay but it just doesn't work for me here.

To clarify, when I get Youtube to work, I right-click on the video itself & select 'copy video URL'. I then come back here & select the 'video' tab for when you reply. I then 'paste' the URL & click 'OK'. The code then appears beneath whatever comments I posted. To be sure I did it right, I first 'preview' my post & sure enough, the image is there. Then I send my post. Voila! But that's with Youtube.

When I try to post a pic, I follow the same type of format, except for uploading pics in this case. When I 'browse' my files for the right pic, I select it, but here is where I believe the problem begins. Instead of the 'code' appearing like with Youtube beneath my comments, instead I get 3 'URL-looking thingys' below that look related to the pic itself but this is where I try in vain to upload it! Clicking OK or whatever, it just doesn't take! No code appears like with Youtube, nothing. I've about given up trying, so you're not alone in this. I just don't understand it. Is it my computer? Is it my ISP provider? Just what is it?! Crying or Very sad

Yep, that is what happens each and everytime I attempt to post pics too!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next