Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman vs. the Hulk!

5 posters

Go down

Superman vs. the Hulk! Empty Superman vs. the Hulk!

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 am

Here's some pretty neat videos I found of Superman vs. the Hulk, animated of course. Superman is made to resemble Christopher Reeve & the Hulk looks sorta like the 2008 TIH film. This is also so very obviously animated but looked pretty good to me. Here, check them out:

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Superman vs. the Hulk! Empty Re: Superman vs. the Hulk!

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 am

Had to watch each of those twice to be sure but, yes, that are unspeakably awesome.

Strange how those two short videos are cooler than a thousand Singerman and (Ang Lee) Hulk movies EVER would've been. It's telling that a fan with access to CG software clearly has a better understanding of action and those characters than either of the multimillion-dollar directors.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:34 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Had to watch each of those twice to be sure but, yes, that are unspeakably awesome.

Strange how those two short videos are cooler than a thousand Singerman and (Ang Lee) Hulk movies EVER would've been. It's telling that a fan with access to CG software clearly has a better understanding of action and those characters than either of the multimillion-dollar directors.

And this clearly gives a least a little indication of the kind of action that the fans want to see! Leave Shakespeare for Shakespeare. This is obviously done by a fan who actually gets the characters. Now if only they could somehow translate that to the people actually making the films. However, it seems all too often that 'TPTB' are too worried about things that don't really matter.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:17 am

You fuckin a nailed it, I agree. For films like these, characterization really should be dead last in priorities. First is action, second is plot and character comes third.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Very cool vids.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:51 am

My compliments to the animator or animators who did this and definitly in need of big time work for his/hers/their talents, the Hulk looks exactly like the one from the recent "Hulk" film and Supes looks exactly as Reeve's portrayal (Glad it wasen't Routh for good reasons)!

P.S. Can't wait to see more!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:48 am

This just in folks... Part 2 is finally up so go check it out!!!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Sweet got to check it out later.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Once again, the LIE of it being "too hard" to animate the "S" on the back of the cape is destroyed.

But it's not bad for a fan-made thing.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:38 am

Here's the long awaited 3rd part, sorry for the late posting!

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm the one who originally initiated this thread. I posted those first 2 vids but I hadn't seen this one until now. I'm gonna have to be honest with you, I got kinda emotional in that beating that Superman was taking at the hands of the Hulk. No, I didn't cry or anything but I didn't completely agree with it either. And that where the Hulk was giving Superman 'the Loki treatment' was absurd! Yeah, not absurd if we're talking Loki. Mega-absurd if we're talking SUPERMAN! And this is coming from a long-time Hulk fan as well. Yeah, Hulk would no doubt give Supes a fight but I tend to believe this was made by a 'pro-Hulk' fan. Anyway, loved this regardless. Wish stuff like this was transferred to live-action.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:29 pm

non_amos wrote:I'm the one who originally initiated this thread. I posted those first 2 vids but I hadn't seen this one until now. I'm gonna have to be honest with you, I got kinda emotional in that beating that Superman was taking at the hands of the Hulk. No, I didn't cry or anything but I didn't completely agree with it either. And that where the Hulk was giving Superman 'the Loki treatment' was absurd! Yeah, not absurd if we're talking Loki. Mega-absurd if we're talking SUPERMAN! And this is coming from a long-time Hulk fan as well. Yeah, Hulk would no doubt give Supes a fight but I tend to believe this was made by a 'pro-Hulk' fan. Anyway, loved this regardless. Wish stuff like this was transferred to live-action.
My reading of it is that the director wanted to give the Hulk equal treatment with Superman so there's a sequence where the Hulk beats the shit out of Superman and, surprise surprise, at about the halfway point, Superman turns the tables on him.

The Loki slam... Y'know, on the one hand, the movie reference there is pretty clear. On the other hand though, isn't it kinda neat that the Hulk now has a "move"? Batman has martial arts. If you come at him, he'll put you down like a dog. Even if he has both arms tied behind his back, he'll still put you down. Hal Jordan will make a giant fist with his ring. Superman will grab one or two of your appendages, throw your ass through a Coca Cola sign (and if he was feeling really pissy, the Henry Cavill version would probably make you thank him when you came out the other side). On and on.

And for a long while there, there wasn't a signature "Hulk move". He had a catchphrase ("don't make me angry") but he didn't really have a "move". But he does now. If you've got any modicum of invulnerability, better watch the fuck out because Hulk will slam you into the floor over and over again. Shit, I expect to see more of that in whichever movie Hulk appears in next. It's too good a gag to let it be one and done.

Anyway. As to the video at hand, I really dug it. I dig this series of videos, in fact. The first one was kinda meh a little bit but the rest of 'em have been Awesome on a cracker with a side of Epic. These are the kinds of battles I think a lotta fans want to see in the movies, especially now that modern technology has caught up with the stories you can tell.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 pm

I haven't gone back & re-watched those first 2 vids recently since seeing this third one. Maybe I need to. At the top of this thread I pointed out that Superman looks like Reeve & Hulk looked like he did in TIH. Well, tell me if it's just my imagination or not but doesn't the Hulk in this new vid look more like he did in Avengers? Maybe he doesn't have Ruffalo's face but the rest of the body pretty much mirrors what we got in Avengers right down to chest hair. Of course as long as it took for the dude to make these I guess he probably was influenced by Avengers. Now when Supes brings Hulk down out of space will he look like Cavill? Probably not though because you can change the Hulk's appearance somewhat but since they already established Reeve as the template it would prove distracting to change it now.

I just wonder why there can't be some talking in this? I mean, the 'cage match' is fine but why ain't there some dialogue? Some script & plot beyond a slugfest? Some supporting characters? But I suppose it could also be that this is what the dude is limited to financially so it is what it is. I wonder what he could do though working for Hollyweird though?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:And for a long while there, there wasn't a signature "Hulk move". He had a catchphrase ("don't make me angry") but he didn't really have a "move". But he does now.

Didn't the Hulk had that Thunder Clap move that he use to do in the comics and in some media?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:49 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:And for a long while there, there wasn't a signature "Hulk move". He had a catchphrase ("don't make me angry") but he didn't really have a "move". But he does now.
Didn't the Hulk had that Thunder Clap move that he use to do in the comics and in some media?
Maybe it's just me. I've had DC goggles on my whole life. But I've seen Superman do that several times. Never thought of it as Hulk's move.

The Loki slam? That's Hulk's move now. He owns it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down