Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Films Conclusion

4 posters

Go down

The Films Conclusion Empty The Films Conclusion

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 pm

I've been thinking about this film, and how it will potentially end. I'm curious as to how you guys think it will end?

Since Superman DOESN'T kill, will he send Zod & Co. to the Phantom Zone? Will they go the 'Superman II' route and have them de-powered? Do they tuck tail, run away and hide? Do the authorities construct a Kryptonian-proof prison, with kryptonite bars?

Let's hear what you guys are thinkin'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

The Films Conclusion Empty Re: The Films Conclusion

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Hmm this is a good question. That prision idea sounds pretty cool which could also be a lead into for super prisons for powers to be made. For sequels and possible crossover deals if that ever does happen. But sent to phantom zone seems to be the logical place to put them. Though to be different. I say for zod/comp not to be sent to pz at start of film. Maybe they get trial and all that. But escape in a small ship and we start out with zod/crew roaming the universe and trying to take over other planets. And then something on earth ie kryptonian tech sends out a signal and that brings zod to earth.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 pm

If they go the Phantom Zone route, they will have to establish it somewhere in the movie. The easiest way for them to do it is to have Zod & Co. either escape or be released from it.

I like the Superman: TAS episodes where Kal-El is "monitoring" the PZ, and "Mala" tells him that she was due to be released a long time ago. That she served her sentence, and should be let out. So he does. And she proceeds to fuck shit up, then releases Jax-Ur to do the same. That way Superman is responsible for what they do, and doesn't toss a hydrogen bombed-elevator out into space.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:23 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I've been thinking about this film, and how it will potentially end. I'm curious as to how you guys think it will end?

Since Superman DOESN'T kill, will he send Zod & Co. to the Phantom Zone? Will they go the 'Superman II' route and have them de-powered? Do they tuck tail, run away and hide? Do the authorities construct a Kryptonian-proof prison, with kryptonite bars?

Let's hear what you guys are thinkin'.
My best guess is that they'll go the Smallville route of the villain accidentally falling on his sword. A lot of people bitch and moan that Superman is hard to write and while I disagree with that in general, all these pro-life superheroes make adaptations difficult because most action cinema requires the villain to die at the end (as Chris Nolan had to discover the hard way). And Superman's one of the characters who shouldn't kill. I'd argue Batman can and would under certain circumstances but the scenario John Byrne set up is pretty much what would have to happen in order for Superman to knowingly and intentionally take someone else's life.

Of all things, I'm actually 100% convinced that we don't need to see Superman breaking his unbreakable rule while Snyder's steering the ship.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:30 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:My best guess is that they'll go the Smallville route of the villain accidentally falling on his sword. A lot of people bitch and moan that Superman is hard to write and while I disagree with that in general, all these pro-life superheroes make adaptations difficult because most action cinema requires the villain to die at the end (as Chris Nolan had to discover the hard way). And Superman's one of the characters who shouldn't kill. I'd argue Batman can and would under certain circumstances but the scenario John Byrne set up is pretty much what would have to happen in order for Superman to knowingly and intentionally take someone else's life.

Of all things, I'm actually 100% convinced that we don't need to see Superman breaking his unbreakable rule while Snyder's steering the ship.

How do you get rid of TWO people that way though? Because it'll be Zod & Faora, not just Zod.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:18 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:How do you get rid of TWO people that way though? Because it'll be Zod & Faora, not just Zod.
Good point. I dunno. I could picture Faora turning on Zod (and make no mistake, she would) and then falling on her sword somehow.

Point is that I'm convinced they'll both be dead at the end of the movie, and their blood won't be on Superman's hands because Snyder clearly knows better than that (another advantage he has over Singer but it's a laundry list at this point). You can get by with a story where Darkseid or Lex are removed somehow (prison for Lex, the Source Wall for Darkseid) but most villains need to pay the ultimate price before credits roll. The straightest path I can think of to get there is the "accidental death" Smallville specialized in back in the early days. Depowering and then imprisoning them? I just can't picture that happening. But anything's possible, I guess.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:02 am

Some times I agree the villain should die in the end. But on other hand it would be sweet for villains to live on. So they could possibly return down the road. Or in some case a team up with next villain of film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  道 Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:How do you get rid of TWO people that way though? Because it'll be Zod & Faora, not just Zod.
Good point. I dunno.
What if Lex figures out how to kill them? What if he discovers Kryptonite and uses it on Zod and Faora? Then he'd probably want to do the same to Superman, but what if Superman's actions during the battle earned the public's trust? It'd keep Lex (and Gen. Lane) from just killing Superman outright if he's a national hero, but they'd both be very wary and bitter about it.
道
Target
Target

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down