Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.

2 posters

Go down

Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.  Empty Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey guys thought this might be a fun thread to talk about stuff. What characters, storylines, and other elements would you want to see within new film series.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.  Empty Re: Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:57 pm

I've always liked the Sandman/Kryptonite Nevermore arc that introduced the Bronze Age. Elements of that would fit very easily into a film.

Ditto the Eradicator storylines from the Byrne Age comics back in the 90's. Solid stuff there.

As a precursor to a JLA film, Our Worlds At War (or elements thereof) could be very good.

Largely, I want to see Lex from the comics in a film. We've never really seen the comic book version on the screen. And honestly, I think the corporate Lex has been done to death on TV. I'd rather see the Pre-Crisis, mad scientist version.

Back to top Go down

Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.  Empty Re: Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, for one thing, they need to use Metallo at some point. He's a physical threat to Superman, and can be VERY effective onscreen.

And this guy needs to play him:

Storylines, characters, and other comic elements to use in film series.  Jason-Statham-bh01

Also, they need to show Superman dealing with some "common folk" problems. Carjackers, muggers, drive-by shooters. Things like that, so people can relate.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:11 am

for me i dont read much if any dc books(marvel reader more lol) but first and for most. I def want to see more comic daily planet characters show up. Yes have clark/lois/jimmy/perry be the main focused ones in dp scenes for film/film series. But have characters like cat grant, steve lamorad(spelling), ron troup(spelling) would all be nice. Then also some focus on lois's family with lucy, and def have sam lane(general take) in the films. There is alot they can go into with military background and stories with him there. Also def would like to see kryptonite's play a part in film series(dont over use it and look-sound effect i want lois and clark/smallville take on that). OH i also def want martha and jonathan kent both alive and present in adult clark/superman life. I liked that in lois and clark and want to see that happen. We dont need to see them all the time both to know they are alive and clark visits them from time to time would be good.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun May 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Thought I bump this thread up. Was wondering what kind of nods/refrences to superman characters/stories and even other dcu stuff would you guys want to see/hear.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down