Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villains of your choice!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Villains of your choice! Empty Villains of your choice!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:14 am

Since there hasen't been any news on who the villain is or villains are I thought this will be a good opportunity to make are own choice of who we we want to see appear in the reboot just for the sake of wishful thinking! What I have in mind is that we make a debate on how many villains should appear, who are they and how should they be established.

I'll start first...

For the reboot I go with three villains and a extra one but only to be put on the side-lines (I know it seems abit too much but just read along and bear with me).

The three villains are Lex Luthor, Bruno Mannheim & John Corban a.k.a. Metallo and the extra would be Brainiac.

Lex Luthor would be portrayed as a Metropolis's favorite son, a billionare and CEO of Metropolis's top technological research company LexCorp but behind close doors he's a corrupt white collar criminal, who secretly sells the corporation's manufactured advance weapons to the highest bidder (Even if they are terrorists) through an arms dealing black market as well as having contracts with the U.S. Military just for the sake of money. He has connections to Metropolis's crime syndicate Intergang. Plus, he does whatever it takes to cover his tracks and avoid suspicions at all cost, even if it means committing murder. After the appearance of Superman he forms an instinct jealousy towards him which later forms into a heated rivalry between the two thus encoruages him to make fabracations to the citizens of Metropolis that he is a threat to humanity rather than it's protactor.

Bruno Mannheim would be protrayed as the leader of Metropolis's infamous crime syndicate Intergang and has ties to Lex with the edition of being supply with high tech weaponry courtesy of LexCorp.

John Corban would be portrayed similar to his appearance in "Superman: TAS" as a foreign mercenary for hire who specialize in armed & hand to hand combat and in turn he volunteered for a contracted but top secret military project involving a mind transference to a androidic body with the edition that it's powered by a Kryptonite fragment. His only purpose in the equation is to kill Superman due to the beliefs of Lex Luthor. Also he will not bear the name Metallo regardless of his transformation.

and finally...

Brainiac would be given a more side-line role and would also be protrayed similar to his appearance in "Superman: TAS" where he has a Kryptonian origin and comes to earth as an advance A.I. which was discovered by LexCorp and provides Lex with knowledge of Kryptonian anthology along with secrets to Kryptonian technology which Lex uses to advances his LexCorp related projects including the one John Corban volunteered for. But in return for his services he requires a body to inhabit similar to what John Corban would eventually inhabit but for more advance.

Quick Note: In edition to Brainiac having a side-line role in the first installment this will also be somewhat of a built-up for a possible second installment where Brainiac becomes fully established as a full-fledge villain in a possible sequel.

What are your choices?

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Villains of your choice! Empty Re: Villains of your choice!

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08 pm

For me my two choices I want is brianiac or metallo. Metallo would be a nice start out villain and can ground the film to be earth based. If they didn't want to to much space stuff and all that. Plus it would be a logical and reasonable way to introduce kryptonite and its effects on superman. Plus would be a good way to have solid fight squences with. Also if they go route lexcorp/lex creates metallo. We can bring in lex and have him the supporting mastermind villain in the film. And metallo the physical threat to superman.

Brianiac on the otherhand would be great way to bring in a easy comsic threat to earth and superman. So we can see there is other stuff out there and earth isn't alone. Plus we can tie into krypton history and other dc alien worlds if they go the destoryor of worlds take on brianiac. Also brianiac could be a good mental foe on top of a physical threat. Then same with metallo we can get lex invovled in some way.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I have wanted Metallo in it from the beginning. It's a no-brainer, which is why we WON'T get him in the film. But if they DID, I think this guy is perfect for the film:

Villains of your choice! Lightsout

Holt Mcallany. If you haven't watched 'Lights Out', you really should. It's a great show.

But he has the right look, and acting ability, to "sell" a character like Metallo.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:26 am

Ya metallo would be a great starting villain and a nice way to bring kryptonite in without it just being there for no reason. As for that actor u said ap never seen his work. Seen the promos, but much check out an episode to see how his acting is.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Villains of your choice! Empty RE: Villains of your choice!

Post  non_amos Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:31 pm

This may be 'going against the grain' & not the popular opinion but I personally don't think I've ever really cared much for Metallo, regardless of incarnation, Byrne or otherwise. I think part of my own turnoff was that SUPERMAN #1 cover, John Byrne version of course. For it to be a brand new #1 issue, that cover just didn't do much for me. I'm not saying I'm completely against the use of the character but I'm really not for it either.

Concerns I have are that it'd be compared too much to the TERMINATOR concept. It could probably even be compared to IRON MAN in some ways. I guess I want this film to stand on its' own & not be unfairly compared to other franchises. THE INCREDIBLES is a great animated film but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's a take on the FANTASTIC 4. I just want this SUPERMAN film to be just that , SUPERMAN, emphasis on. Sure, have a great villain, don't get me wrong, but if it's necessary to go with a 'robot' type of villain, at least use BRAINIAC! He was already a long-time villain even before the Terminator franchise but I guess even that could be compared as well. As a matter of fact, it was on Smallville, what with the 'liquid' Brainiac.

Another thing. I remember back in the day that the original idea for SUPERMAN 3 was to have used both Brainiac AND MR. MXYZPTLK! But as I understand it, duh Salkinds wanted a 'slapstick comedy', so 'Gus Gorman computer genius' was born, played by Richard Pryor! As a matter of fact, I recall reading that if Donner had stayed on board, he also had plans for BIZARRO as well. I think we can blame duh Salkinds for the path that the Reeve franchise ultimately took. We could have had so much better than what we really got! How about we have that now Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 pm

non_amos wrote:This may be 'going against the grain' & not the popular opinion but I personally don't think I've ever really cared much for Metallo, regardless of incarnation, Byrne or otherwise. I think part of my own turnoff was that SUPERMAN #1 cover, John Byrne version of course. For it to be a brand new #1 issue, that cover just didn't do much for me. I'm not saying I'm completely against the use of the character but I'm really not for it either.

The Byrne Metallo would be PERFECT for this film.

Concerns I have are that it'd be compared too much to the TERMINATOR concept. It could probably even be compared to IRON MAN in some ways. I guess I want this film to stand on its' own & not be unfairly compared to other franchises. THE INCREDIBLES is a great animated film but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's a take on the FANTASTIC 4. I just want this SUPERMAN film to be just that , SUPERMAN, emphasis on. Sure, have a great villain, don't get me wrong, but if it's necessary to go with a 'robot' type of villain, at least use BRAINIAC! He was already a long-time villain even before the Terminator franchise but I guess even that could be compared as well. As a matter of fact, it was on Smallville, what with the 'liquid' Brainiac.

Actually, if you want to continue your line of thinking, Brainiac would be VERY similar to what we saw in all three Matrix films. Machines with artificial intelligence "enslaving mankind"?

Another thing. I remember back in the day that the original idea for SUPERMAN 3 was to have used both Brainiac AND MR. MXYZPTLK! But as I understand it, duh Salkinds wanted a 'slapstick comedy', so 'Gus Gorman computer genius' was born, played by Richard Pryor! As a matter of fact, I recall reading that if Donner had stayed on board, he also had plans for BIZARRO as well. I think we can blame duh Salkinds for the path that the Reeve franchise ultimately took. We could have had so much better than what we really got! How about we have that now Question

Gus Gorman was bad. Imagine if they put Mxyzptlk in that film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 am

non_amos wrote:This may be 'going against the grain' & not the popular opinion but I personally don't think I've ever really cared much for Metallo, regardless of incarnation, Byrne or otherwise. I think part of my own turnoff was that SUPERMAN #1 cover, John Byrne version of course. For it to be a brand new #1 issue, that cover just didn't do much for me. I'm not saying I'm completely against the use of the character but I'm really not for it either.

Concerns I have are that it'd be compared too much to the TERMINATOR concept. It could probably even be compared to IRON MAN in some ways. I guess I want this film to stand on its' own & not be unfairly compared to other franchises.

Actually I'm fully aware that the developers may think that bringing on Metallo may be a reference to "The Terminator" films in the viewers prospective but however this can easily be avoided, all they have to do is have his androidic structure fully bodied rather than skeletory like. Maybe they can go with an androidic version of the muscular system this way they can make a suit for the actor to wear!

webhead2006 wrote:For me my two choices I want is brianiac or metallo. Metallo would be a nice start out villain and can ground the film to be earth based. If they didn't want to to much space stuff and all that. Plus it would be a logical and reasonable way to introduce kryptonite and its effects on superman. Plus would be a good way to have solid fight squences with. Also if they go route lexcorp/lex creates metallo. We can bring in lex and have him the supporting mastermind villain in the film. And metallo the physical threat to superman.

Thats the exact same idea I had in mind when I thought about how Metallo was goinng to be used for a first installment, glad to hear that I'm not alone!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Ya I think it would be a good way to handle it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 pm

I touched on this in another thread just recently but if they were to go with an 'off-the-wall' type of villain, one that you wouldn't expect, such as Nolan using Bane in the next Batman film, then why not use a character like SOLOMON GRUNDY? You can google the character & whatever, which I have before but not in great detail, but the point is, he's a 'Hulk-like' character without actually being the Hulk. Personally I'd LOVE to see 'Superman vs. the Hulk' but I'm pretty sure due to copyright issues between the different companies we won't see that anytime soon (unless duh heirs win & take Supes to Marvel). And Grundy predates the Hulk too.

Without fully researching, I do know that the Grundy originally appeared during the 'Golden Age' of comics & was an adversary to the JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA, & as I understand it, even Superman & Batman, although I wonder if the latter was more so in more recent comics? I also know that due to DC's 'Earth-2' concept, one could say that Grundy exists on Earth-2, or whatever DC has now done with their screwed-up continuities. However, a film wouldn't have to adhere to any such concepts necessarily. Grundy could be in this film simply fighting Superman, & not necessarily the Earth-2 Superman. Just Superman.

If you'll notice, Grundy has an appearance like the Hulk but he's sheet-white instead of green & as I understand it, he's supposed to be reanimated like a zombie or something & is even considered a 'swamp' creature who I believe even appeared in the SWAMP THING comic back in the day. I believe it was since his reanimation that he had enormous strength & could even engage Superman in battle & 'hold his own'. I believe I remember reading that his 'resurrection' had something to do with MAGIC but like I said, I haven't fully researched the character.

My point? Grundy would be a massive character like the Hulk but WB would be in full rights to use the character. So since we can't have 'Superman vs. the Hulk' anytime soon except for the comics, we could have the next best thing. Grundy would also be an 'Earth-based' character so it wouldn't have to be 'way out there'. We know Nolan is not for 'way out there'! I'm probably wishful thinking about Grundy because Snyder has probably already chosen his villain but it's a thought. You could use DOOMSDAY who's definitely a Hulk rip-off but what's the point if you're not gonna do the whole 'death' saga?!

Actually BIZARRO could probably work just as well as long as it was done right, not like SUPERMAN 4. Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 pm

non_amos wrote:I touched on this in another thread just recently but if they were to go with an 'off-the-wall' type of villain, one that you wouldn't expect, such as Nolan using Bane in the next Batman film, then why not use a character like SOLOMON GRUNDY? You can google the character & whatever, which I have before but not in great detail, but the point is, he's a 'Hulk-like' character without actually being the Hulk. Personally I'd LOVE to see 'Superman vs. the Hulk' but I'm pretty sure due to copyright issues between the different companies we won't see that anytime soon (unless duh heirs win & take Supes to Marvel). And Grundy predates the Hulk too.

Without fully researching, I do know that the Grundy originally appeared during the 'Golden Age' of comics & was an adversary to the JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA, & as I understand it, even Superman & Batman, although I wonder if the latter was more so in more recent comics? I also know that due to DC's 'Earth-2' concept, one could say that Grundy exists on Earth-2, or whatever DC has now done with their screwed-up continuities. However, a film wouldn't have to adhere to any such concepts necessarily. Grundy could be in this film simply fighting Superman, & not necessarily the Earth-2 Superman. Just Superman.

If you'll notice, Grundy has an appearance like the Hulk but he's sheet-white instead of green & as I understand it, he's supposed to be reanimated like a zombie or something & is even considered a 'swamp' creature who I believe even appeared in the SWAMP THING comic back in the day. I believe it was since his reanimation that he had enormous strength & could even engage Superman in battle & 'hold his own'. I believe I remember reading that his 'resurrection' had something to do with MAGIC but like I said, I haven't fully researched the character.

My point? Grundy would be a massive character like the Hulk but WB would be in full rights to use the character. So since we can't have 'Superman vs. the Hulk' anytime soon except for the comics, we could have the next best thing. Grundy would also be an 'Earth-based' character so it wouldn't have to be 'way out there'. We know Nolan is not for 'way out there'! I'm probably wishful thinking about Grundy because Snyder has probably already chosen his villain but it's a thought. You could use DOOMSDAY who's definitely a Hulk rip-off but what's the point if you're not gonna do the whole 'death' saga?!

Actually BIZARRO could probably work just as well as long as it was done right, not like SUPERMAN 4. Shocked

Sorry Amos, but Grundy won't happen.

The Hulk is rumored to be the villain in 'The Avengers' for at least 1/2 of the film. Since Avengers will come out before Snyder's Superman, it will have a feeling of "Been there, done that", and don't expect the Bros. Warner to be okay with that.

But Bizarro would be good, and would actually fit in with Metallo as the other villain.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 am

ya i too dont see grundy being used in a film. He is a nice character and i have enjoyed seeing him in animated forms. But there is other characters like bizaro who would be better choices to use.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 pm

"Sorry Amos, but Grundy won't happen."

Yeah, I know it'd be a long-shot if they used the character. Although I'm sure Grundy is a formidable foe for Superman, he's also probably not very well known to the general public. Nolan may be using an under-sized Bane, & to the general public, they remember BATMAN AND ROBIN & they're probably scratching their heads like, what's up with that?! But Snyder probably does have a say in who the villain(s) is/are & my guess is that, besides Luthor (who is default), he'll probably pick another well known villain, such as Brainiac. Doomsday would probably even make the 'cut' before Grundy would but it's just a thought. You could have awesome fight scenes & such & probably have a believable film but since the character is not well known, then Snyder certainly won't use him. I remember Grundy though on a SUPER-FRIENDS episode.

"The Hulk is rumored to be the villain in 'The Avengers' for at least 1/2 of the film. Since Avengers will come out before Snyder's Superman, it will have a feeling of "Been there, done that", and don't expect the Bros. Warner to be okay with that."

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify. What would the Hulk & the Avengers have to do with the success or failure of the Superman reboot? What am I missing here? Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 pm

non_amos wrote:I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify. What would the Hulk & the Avengers have to do with the success or failure of the Superman reboot? What am I missing here? Question

Snyder and the Bros. Warner NEED to deliver a BLOCKBUSTER Superman film. Head-to-toe. Up and down. Smash hit. No if's, and's, or butt's about it. If they choose to use a villain similar in any way to what a competing "blockbuster" did 6 months earlier, they are risking people saying "Didn't The Avengers do something similar?". That could potentially cost them some box office $$, especially if reviews come out making this very claim. You know how internet "critics" can be.

Make sense now?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
non_amos wrote:I don't understand what you're trying to say. Please clarify. What would the Hulk & the Avengers have to do with the success or failure of the Superman reboot? What am I missing here? Question

Snyder and the Bros. Warner NEED to deliver a BLOCKBUSTER Superman film. Head-to-toe. Up and down. Smash hit. No if's, and's, or butt's about it. If they choose to use a villain similar in any way to what a competing "blockbuster" did 6 months earlier, they are risking people saying "Didn't The Avengers do something similar?". That could potentially cost them some box office $$, especially if reviews come out making this very claim. You know how internet "critics" can be.

Make sense now?

Oh, so what you're getting at is, if Grundy is the villain, then he's already too 'Hulk-like' for the general public, critics, etc., to consider a coincidence? Sure, he predates the Hulk by YEARS. DC owns the character. They could use the character if they chose to do so but..........people would still cry 'rip-off' even though due to their own ignorance. The timing just wouldn't be good. Is that what you meant?

However, if they used the likes of Doomdsday, Darkseid, or even Mongul, wouldn't they be risking the same criticism? Big, 'hulking' villain fighting Superman! "Hey, didn't they just do that in the Avengers?!" So you can't win for losing. Some of the other 'rogues gallery' wouldn't draw the same comparisons to the Hulk but unfortunately any 'robotic' ones will draw comparisons to those genres. So what do you do?! Use MXYZPTLK? Actually I wouldn't mind that if it were done like the COMICS, not like either Smallville or Lois & Clark.

Whatever they do, just don't use Luthor only. He has to be there due to the mythos but it's also time for Superman to have 'someone to punch'! Unless they're gonna put Luthor in the battlesuit, he needs someone to battle besides ZOD. Personally, I wouldn't mind a 'Superboy-Prime' type of character for Superman to fight, or even ULTRAMAN, but the problem there could be that duh audience may get LOST on the 'parallel universes' explanation. WE would get it. Them? Not so much!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 pm

non_amos wrote:Oh, so what you're getting at is, if Grundy is the villain, then he's already too 'Hulk-like' for the general public, critics, etc., to consider a coincidence? Sure, he predates the Hulk by YEARS. DC owns the character. They could use the character if they chose to do so but..........people would still cry 'rip-off' even though due to their own ignorance. The timing just wouldn't be good. Is that what you meant?

That's EXACTLY what I meant.

And I'm right, too.

However, if they used the likes of Doomdsday, Darkseid, or even Mongul, wouldn't they be risking the same criticism? Big, 'hulking' villain fighting Superman! "Hey, didn't they just do that in the Avengers?!" So you can't win for losing. Some of the other 'rogues gallery' wouldn't draw the same comparisons to the Hulk but unfortunately any 'robotic' ones will draw comparisons to those genres. So what do you do?! Use MXYZPTLK? Actually I wouldn't mind that if it were done like the COMICS, not like either Smallville or Lois & Clark.

Um, so using Metallo would make people think of films that came out YEARS ago, but it's inconceivable that using a character similar to one seen in a film a few months earlier would do the same?

I expect it will be Zod again. Not sure why, but it's a strong "gut feeling" I have.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 am

I wouldn't mind zod that much. But really do want to see a different supes villain make it on big screen. More so since we know this could be last shot with supes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9492#comments

Snyder doesn't really say much as usual about this & people still read into it Zod.

Eunuch also posted this video by one of his sheeple. This guy wants Zack Snyder to hire him to play Zod, complete with Terrance Stamp look:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9488#comments

Like I said earlier, I need to learn properly how to do this stuff so feel free to actually post the vid itself. Actually I found this to be rather amusing.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Fixed it for you.

And that guys sucks. Like, BJ Routh sucks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:30 pm

will be great if it does end up being brainiac or some other villain.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:53 pm

webhead2006 wrote:will be great if it does end up being brainiac or some other villain.

The guy in the video? Are you on DRUGS??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:29 am

Hey just wanted to see your opinions on this guys. If/when we see brainiac hopefully in this film series. How do you guys want to go about him. The colu verison, robot verison,etc...... other takes?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:33 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Hey just wanted to see your opinions on this guys. If/when we see brainiac hopefully in this film series. How do you guys want to go about him. The colu verison, robot verison,etc...... other takes?

Like this, but with a less colorful costume:

Villains of your choice! Brainiac-animated
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
webhead2006 wrote:Hey just wanted to see your opinions on this guys. If/when we see brainiac hopefully in this film series. How do you guys want to go about him. The colu verison, robot verison,etc...... other takes?

Like this, but with a less colorful costume:

Villains of your choice! Brainiac-animated
I've gone back and forth over that. If I were directing a Superman reboot (God help us), I'd eventually want to tackle an Eradicator storyline. But such a story would kinda tread too closely to an AI Brainiac. Plus, I'd want to set up the Legion in Superman's past. Both of those things would lead me toward a Coluan Brainiac.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I've gone back and forth over that. If I were directing a Superman reboot (God help us), I'd eventually want to tackle an Eradicator storyline. But such a story would kinda tread too closely to an AI Brainiac. Plus, I'd want to set up the Legion in Superman's past. Both of those things would lead me toward a Coluan Brainiac.

Examples?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:44 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:I've gone back and forth over that. If I were directing a Superman reboot (God help us), I'd eventually want to tackle an Eradicator storyline. But such a story would kinda tread too closely to an AI Brainiac. Plus, I'd want to set up the Legion in Superman's past. Both of those things would lead me toward a Coluan Brainiac.

Examples?
Mostly the "Kryptonian artifact comes to Earth, havoc ensues" angle.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next