Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WB Stupidity

4 posters

Go down

WB Stupidity Empty WB Stupidity

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:38 am

Why was there no Green Lantern trailer during the Super Bowl?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

WB Stupidity Empty RE: WB Stupidity

Post  non_amos Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:47 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Why was there no Green Lantern trailer during the Super Bowl?

Could it have ANYTHING to do with their initials being 'WB'?! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

WB Stupidity Empty Re: WB Stupidity

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:57 am

Seriously, what kind of idiotic move was it to NOT have a Super Bowl ad when your film comes out in a few months? Are they REALLY expecting people to just "know" who Green Lantern is?

Unbelievable...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

WB Stupidity Empty RE: WB Stupidity

Post  non_amos Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:12 am

Yeah, I see your point. This reminds me of what I read over at SingerHomoHype about the new X-Men film 'X-men: First Class'. Someone complained that the film is like only a few months from being released & we don't even have a trailer yet! They pointed out that we just recently got any pics or a poster for said film, so they're wondering if TPTB even believe in the film, aka 'flop'. Now we know that Marvel is pretty good for getting out content to the audience, that is, Marvel Studios. X-Men may have the Marvel logo but they obviously still belong to Fox. So maybe Fox is more to blame for that? So someone dropped the ball on that project.

Likewise it appears that WB/DC dropped the ball with Green Lantern. I hadn't even give it any thought until you made your post, but yeah, that does appear to be incompetence on their part! You'd think that with the tentpole franchise that they're hoping to develop here, something besides Superman & Batman, that they would've promoted it to the hilt!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 am

non_amos wrote:Yeah, I see your point. This reminds me of what I read over at SingerHomoHype about the new X-Men film 'X-men: First Class'. Someone complained that the film is like only a few months from being released & we don't even have a trailer yet! They pointed out that we just recently got any pics or a poster for said film, so they're wondering if TPTB even believe in the film, aka 'flop'. Now we know that Marvel is pretty good for getting out content to the audience, that is, Marvel Studios. X-Men may have the Marvel logo but they obviously still belong to Fox. So maybe Fox is more to blame for that? So someone dropped the ball on that project.

Likewise it appears that WB/DC dropped the ball with Green Lantern. I hadn't even give it any thought until you made your post, but yeah, that does appear to be incompetence on their part! You'd think that with the tentpole franchise that they're hoping to develop here, something besides Superman & Batman, that they would've promoted it to the hilt!

Exactly right.

"Transformers" has one decent film, but two HIGHLY successful one's, and even THEY had a Super Bowl spot. Does anyone think they actually NEEDED one? Or how about "Pirates of the Caribbean"? They could have started showing trailers a WEEK before the film comes out, and would STILL make tons of cash at the box office. But a Super Bowl spot? Yep.

Fox and WB just shot themselves in the foot, and will come to regret it later.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:35 am

For whatever it's worth, Batman Begins, which had a more muted/cheaper marketing campaign than it seems GL will have, had a Super Bowl commercial.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:For whatever it's worth, Batman Begins, which had a more muted/cheaper marketing campaign than it seems GL will have, had a Super Bowl commercial.

Which proves my point even MORE.

I'm thinking that the rumors about it being a "troubled production" may hold more weight than previously believed....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 am

It does suck they didn't have a trailer at super bowl. Could have been variety of rangers. I do hope the film turns out alright.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum