Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water

4 posters

Go down

aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water Empty aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Was just reading over at superherohype main page. It looks like we might have our first possible marvel tv show. The article states that brian michael benis who created the character and a screenwriter from one of the twilight movies are going to adapt jessica jones for tv. I don't know much on the character. But see seems to be a fairly simple character. So I could see a tv show working. I would be curious to check it out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water Empty Re: aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water

Post  aurica Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 am

I had not watch this tv-show yet and nor i have heard about it.

aurica
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water Empty Re: aka jessica jones tv show dead in the water

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 am

There is no show just yet. Jits in the planning stage right now.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Some new info on the Jessica Jones Show:
http://www.iamrogue.com/news/movie-news/item/5226-exclusive-screenwriter-melissa-rosenberg-talks-aka-jessica-jones.html
EXCLUSIVE: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg talks 'AKA Jessica Jones'
Wednesday, 09 November 2011 17:36
Written by Jami Philbrick
Add new comment

Rate this item12345(1 Vote)

Ever since Walt Disney Studios acquired Marvel Comics in 2009 fans have been wondering just what the studio has planned for “The House of Ideas” vast catalog of characters and material. We know that they plan to continue what Marvel Studios began doing on the big screen in 2008 with Iron Man, which will culminate with next summer’s highly anticipated superhero team-up movie The Avengers, but what about on the small screen? Disney does own ABC after all and there has not been a live-action TV series based on a Marvel property on network television since The Incredible Hulk starring Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno in the late ‘70s. But that could all change soon as it was announced last year that Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg would write and executive produce a pilot for ABC based on the extremely popular Marvel comic book series "Alias" by Brian Michael Bendis.

"Alias," which will be re-titled AKA Jessica Jones for TV, tells the story of Jessica Jones (“Jewel”), a former superhero who gave up costumed crime fighting to become a private detective. While Rosenberg’s biggest success has come from penning the entire Twilight film series, she’s no stranger to writing for television as she’s a former writer and executive producer of Dexter. She is even familiar with writing comic book adapted material having penned several episodes of the Batgirl inspired series Birds of Prey. I recently had a chance to speak with screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg about the status of AKA Jessica Jones while she was out promoting The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, which will be in theaters on November 18th.

I began by asking the screenwriter about the project and she said that while it was still in the works, “we won’t be using the same title for obvious reasons.” She is of course referring to the popular J.J. Abrams spy series of the same name that ran on ABC from 2001-2006. I then reminded Rosenberg that since the network owns the old series they could probably legally use the same name. “That’s true,” she laughed. “Maybe we can get Jennifer Garner?”

“Brian Michael Bendis is such an amazing storyteller,” she continued. “I read that comic book and I completely saw it on screen. There are things I took directly from the comic book and just put in the script. That was so much fun to do.” I followed up by asking Rosenberg about the current status of the project. “ It’s still sitting at ABC and we’re hoping to get on the schedule for next fall,” she said. “I love this character. That is an incredibly damaged, dark, complex female character that kicks ass. That’s my favorite thing about it.”

I also asked Rosenberg if the series would be similar to Bendis’ comic and if Jones will still be a former superhero turned private detective. “Yeah absolutely, but Jessica Jones is actually a former superhero with PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,” she explained. “My psychologist father-in-law said, ‘I don’t know why all superheroes aren’t PTSD.’ It’s a trip. So she is wrestling with having this damaged past and still trying to contribute something to the world.”

In the Marvel Universe, Jessica Jones is married to Marvel bad-boy Luke Cage and the two eventually have a child together. There have been rumors for years that Marvel was working on a feature film about the hero-for-hire starring Tyrese Gibson (Fast Five) in the title role and when we spoke to him earlier this year he was optimistic that the film would still happen. So I asked Rosenberg if Cage would be included in the series. “Luke Cage is in there. Absolutely, I love that character,” she confirmed. I followed up and asked if she thought Jones and Cage’s child, Danielle, could eventually be introduced in the series. “That would be way down the road,” she answered. “When you give your superheroes babies it gets very complicated. I went through that on Dexter, although it gives you some new interesting storytelling.”

Finally, I asked Rosenberg if she is a fan of comic books and the comic book genre in general. “I don’t read a lot of them (comic books). ABC gave that one to me and I had never heard of it or Brian Michael Bendis. But now I’m a fan, he is really so great. But I was new to it for sure.”

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 opens in theaters on November 18th.

AKA Jessica Jones is currently in development at ABC.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Some more stuff on jessica jones show:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49916
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:30 am

webhead2006 wrote:Some more stuff on jessica jones show:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49916
"I wrote it kind of off season so it fell in between seasons," Rosenberg says. "So, we are waiting to see what happens for the upcoming season now and our hope is that it will come to life at that time. It fell between the cracks of the seasons and, hopefully, this will be the one."

Rosenberg confirmed the show would also have principal parts for Luke Cage (also known as Power Man and her eventual husband in the comics) as well as Carol Danvers (better known as Ms. Marvel).

"I had Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Carol Danvers [for the pilot script]. Basically, I wanted those three guys -- then I would have a series. Everyone else we can be digging into lesser known characters or taking known characters and renaming them."

As for The Avengers themselves, Rosenberg says she can reference them, but Tony Stark and Stark Industries are in the current pilot script. Rosenberg notes, "As we go along things will alter in terms of what is made available to us, but we're definitely in that universe. We are in no way denying that that universe exists. And as much as I can I'm going to pull everything in from there that I can use."

Marvel-Disney is adapting Brian Bendis' Alias comic; Jessica Jones for ABC. They tapped Melissa Rosenberg who has a Twilight screenwriting background to bring the story to life. The story revolves around a superhero that suffers from post traumatic stress disorder. She quits fighting crime once her disorder interferes with her powers. She decides to help in a different way by opening a private detective agency that caters to other superheroes.
Am I the only one who thinks the Marvel side of the Internet would break in half if Laura Vandervoort were to be cast as Carol Danvers? I'd love it! Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:37 am

I would be down with her. Heck she has done some marvel work already. Voiced mj in the recent spidey game edge of tiime.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 am

Where do you guys get Laura Vandervoort from? I read that article & didn't see her name anywhere. Sure it'd be awesome & good eye candy but I still don't remember seeing her name.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:32 am

Her name wwasnt mentioned he was only saying how neat/interesting it would be if laura was in the show.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:51 pm

non_amos wrote:Where do you guys get Laura Vandervoort from? I read that article & didn't see her name anywhere. Sure it'd be awesome & good eye candy but I still don't remember seeing her name.
She wasn't mentioned. I just thought it'd be funny if Supergirl was cast as Ms. Marvel, that's all. Very Happy
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:06 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:Where do you guys get Laura Vandervoort from? I read that article & didn't see her name anywhere. Sure it'd be awesome & good eye candy but I still don't remember seeing her name.
She wasn't mentioned. I just thought it'd be funny if Supergirl was cast as Ms. Marvel, that's all. Very Happy

Gotcha! Laughing

That's kinda like the Human Torch now being Captain America huh? Well, not exactly since both of them are Marvel but sort of the same difference. However, it'd be even more significant if someone jumped the 'sinking' WB/DC ship for the 'Enterprise' Marvel.

I have a suggestion here. Laura is definitely a FINE suggestion ( tongue ) as far as that goes. But how about Marvel Studios making TOM WELLING a serious offer? I'm not joking. Smallville is over now. Welling will never be Superman in a major motion picture, at least I don't think he ever will be. I know they say 'never say never' but I think that ship has sailed. Unless at some point in the future he was reconsidered for a JLA film or Kingdom Come or something, I just don't see it happening, especially if Henry Cavill wins the fans over.

I know Welling has an interest in directing. Ron Howard used to be an actor but as an adult he wanted to direct. Even if Welling sort of follows that route, let's hope he doesn't abandon acting entirely. My suggestion is this. Since Welling is obviously now a 'free agent', I recall he even joked about 'being unemployed'. Well, enter Marvel Studios. Let Marvel make him a serious offer. Whether he's a hero or a villain, offer him something! It'd be like a 'coup de grace' to WB/DC, i.e., the guy who was gonna be Superman is now at Marvel, in other words, possibly even playing a similar character. My own suggestion would be WONDER MAN. He's a 'Superman-like' character & even wears a red jacket a la Smallville Clark Kent. Wonder Man has also been affiliated with the Avengers & West Coast Avengers. Well, put Welling in the sequel to THE AVENGERS! Put him in something Marvel, even if it's another character and/or film. If he's reluctant, flash some dollar signs before his eyes. Make him a lucrative offer.

How do you guys feel about Welling 'jumping ship' to Marvel? I mean, I'm surprised it's taken me this long to consider it myself & it was this thread that did it. Surely some Hollywood-type person has maybe had similar thoughts? And while they're at it, why not scout any of the cast from Smallville? Whether it be Michael Rosenbaum or Justin Hartley or even Allison Mack, I also suggest that Marvel consider this as well.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Allegedly there was interest in Welling for Dr. Strange. I dunno though. Seems like you'd want... I dunno, someone different for that. Hell, if we're picking from SV's cast, you could probably throw Rosenbaum in there and see how he turns out.

I've wondered though that if you threw a blonde wig on Tom, he might make a good Sentry. Why not, eh? Sentry is basically as close to a Superman figure as Marvel has (that I'm aware of anyway) so it's not exactly apples/oranges there. But I guess you could also give Hartley a day in court on this one too.

Chloe wasn't usually played as sexpot but that doesn't mean Allison Mack couldn't do the job. Maybe she should be given a shot as Carol Danvers, eh?

Just thinking out loud here...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Producer/writer on jessica jones show and hopeful it will make it into fall season:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/popcornbiz/Twilight-Screenwriter-Melissa-Rosenberg-Moves-From-Vampires-to-Superheroes-and-Sci-Fi-134840578.html
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Looks like abc decided to pass on jessica jones, but they still gunning for hulk:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=59779
HULK Television Show To Hopefully Hit ABC Airwaves Next Year, Network Passes On AKA JESSICA JONES

Paul Lee,Entertainment President for ABC talks optimistically about the Hulk television show. Work will continue on the Guillermo del Toro project while AKA Jessica Jones comes to a halt. Mark Julian - 5/15/2012

Lee stated in a conference call this morning that he would "like more Marvel projects to come to ABC". "Hulk is in development,it wasn't going to be ready this season but we hope it's going to be ready for next season."

Fan favorite Guillermo del Toro (Hell Boy, Pan's Labrynth) is developing the project the television network which also has Disney for a parent company.

"We're immensely proud to be [in] company with The Avengers," he said. "We're going to continue to develop aggressively. We're very happy to make shows not just for our own network but for other networks too. Where the shows are more appropriate to our brand they'll go with us. Where they're more appropriate to brands like Fox (Punisher) or NBC, CBS, happy to do that too. We would like to see some Marvel projects move to television."

When pressed for details, Lee remained mum only dangling the interesting reveal that the network has other Marvel properties to develop.

"We've got some in development, but none that I can talk about at this point."

Sadly, one of those shows is not AKA Jessica Jones. Lee confirmed that AKA Jessica Jones, a TV adaptation of the Marvel comic book series Alias, will not be going to series. Reportedly, the show would have featured titular character, Jessica Jones with feature appearances from Luke Cage and Carol Danvers, better known as Ms. Marvel.

Initially, my first thought in response to Lee's comments about more Marvel properties in development lead me to AKA Jessica Jones so I was stunned to learn that ABC declined to move forward. On paper, it had the potential to be a fabulous show. No update on the fate of the "Cloak and Dagger" ABC Family show as of yet but we'll post details if there's any development. With the success of The Avengers, it makes me wonder if Disney is simply rethinking which characters they want to bring to primetime airwaves. Maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D. espionage television show?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 16, 2012 2:16 am

Too bad. I was looking forward to this. I like Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel and that whole mini-verse. It could've been awesome.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 16, 2012 11:06 am

I know would have been a easy show for them and her powers are easy to do on tv budget. Sucks they decided to pass on it. Hopefully marvel just shelves it for a bit. And try again.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down