Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Brolin Is Thanos

3 posters

Go down

Josh Brolin Is Thanos Empty Josh Brolin Is Thanos

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:15 am

http://www.mtv.com/news/1835552/josh-brolin-thanos-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Josh Brolin Is Thanos In ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’
Good call, Marvel.
by Kevin P. Sullivan 05/30/14

It has been the question that’s plagued ” Guardians of the Galaxy” director James Gunn for a year.

Who is playing Thanos?

The beleaguered Gunn has often told the unrelenting Facebook commenters that the villain teased at the end of “The Avengers” has been cast, but that he intends to keep that under wraps.

Well, according to Latino Review, and confirmed by Variety Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin is who’s hiding underneath the veil of secrecy.

Since this news isn’t coming straight from Disney, it’s worth taking it with a small grain of salt. Latino Review has been on-point with Marvel, especially recently, but it’s not a done deal until you’re hearing it on Marvel.com or from Gunn, who has been pretty transparent throughout production.

If Brolin does end up voicing Thanos — the character is CGI — this is fantastic news.

Since his comeback with “No Country for Old Men,” Brolin has consistently been better than the movies he’s in. He would have made a solid Batman, but if this is his entry into the superhero movie world, I’m not going to complain.

“Guardians of the Galaxy” opens in theaters on August 1.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Josh Brolin Is Thanos Empty Re: Josh Brolin Is Thanos

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 pm

So this is another example of mo-cap here obviously. Is Brolin the right choice? No clue. But I'd probably have said the same thing about Mark Ruffalo too & we see how that turned out. I just wonder where he stands on 'comic booky'.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:44 pm

non_amos wrote:So this is another example of mo-cap here obviously. Is Brolin the right choice? No clue. But I'd probably have said the same thing about Mark Ruffalo too & we see how that turned out. I just wonder where he stands on 'comic booky'.
To me, a lot of what makes Ruffalo awesome is his voice. I'd be lying if I said I watched Zodiac and then said "holy shit on a cracker, that guy was born to play Bruce Banner!!" But at the same time, when a casting announcement comes along that says Ruffalo's going to be Banner, it doesn't take much imagination to see how well that'd work... based on Zodiac.

Right now, the mantra everybody's repeating is that Brolin's better than the movies he's in. This is one time when I have to agree with conventional wisdom. Doesn't mean the guy's my dream choice for Thanos. I guess I pictured something else. But this is a good, safe opportunity for Brolin. He can't really go wrong and he'll inevitably get lots of critical praise for his work. There's no way AOU won't make bazillions of dollars at the box office so this is a smart move for the guy.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Apparently, most of Thanos' scenes in 'GoTG' will be via hologram. So Brolin won't have to do much for this film besides voice work.

On the other hand, Thanos will obviously be the baddie in 'Avengers 3', so I'm curious if he will be in a mo-cap suit playing the part, or will he be more Darth Vader, and just dub his voice in post?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down