Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit.

3 posters

Go down

Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit. Empty Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit.

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:22 pm

As I'm sure you're ALL aware, Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight Rises' tried forcing the mantra that "Anyone can be Batman" down our throats, up to and including that mentally challenged ending. Anyone who knows anything about Batman knew this was as stupid as giving Superman an illegitimate son. And I realized something recently when thinking about 'The Dark Knight':

Christopher Nolan knew this TOO.

Don't believe me? Take a look at Nolan SHITTING all over the concept of "anyone" being Batman in 'TDK':

Reular citizens, dressing up AS Batman to HELP Batman, who he basically tells "Fuck you, you're a poor pissant and I'm the goddamn BATMAN.". Didn't tell them to find other ways to help Gotham. Doesn't inspire them to become a different sort of "hero". Just a diss and dismissal.

But we're supposed to believe come the third film that his intentions ALL ALONG was to pull this "Anyone" bullshit? Uh-uh. Sorry Chris, some of us think a little bit deeper than Joe Movie Public, Nolanites or Apologists. He had NO IDEA how to end his trilogy, and probably didn't even want to do a third film. But the truckloads of money and promises to finance future projects brought him back. And hey, I don't blame him. But don't front that this was your "message" all along.

Because as you can see, that was BULLSHIT.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit. Empty Re: Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit.

Post  Superman87 Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:49 am

Good point made, I can't believe anyone has chimed in on this subject yet. I love Batman Begins, The Dark Knight was very good too  but I'm glad the Nolan era is over, worst fanboys ever. And yeah I agree, The Dark Knight Rises was a mess.
Superman87
Superman87
BJ Routh *Blech*
BJ Routh *Blech*

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit. Empty Re: Why Christopher Nolan's "Message" in 'Dark Knight Rises' Is Bullshit.

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Thought I replied to this ages ago but, as S87 says, this is a really good point.

And since when did Batman become the hero who "inspires" people? C'mon Batfans isn't that Superman's turf?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down