Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’

3 posters

Go down

Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’ Empty Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’

Post  James Stocks Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:38 pm

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/henry-cavill-says-justice-league-not-around-corner-000217916.html

In a recent interview with ABC News, “Man of Steel” star Henry Cavill said that the long-gestating “Justice League” film, reportedly in the works due to the success of the recent Superman and Batman reboots, will not be made anytime soon.

Warner Bros. is aiming to replicate the success of Marvel’s “Avengers” template, which grossed 1.5 billion dollars worldwide in addition to spawning successful franchises for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

SEE MORE: ‘Man of Steel’ Film Review

Cavill however, notes an important difference between the Marvel superheroes and DC characters that make “Justice League” a more difficult project to pull off.

“Justice League could be great if done correctly. It’s a very tough one to do because the DC comic heroes are all god-like in their power. So in this real world universe, real-world setting we’re telling our story in, it’s going to be tough to achieve that.It has to be done very delicately with a lot of thought. So, it won’t be right away. I hope it’s not, anyway. It may take some time of building up other movies and other characters and introducing them together in one way or another,” Cavill said.

SEE MORE: Why ‘Man of Steel’ Could Prime Henry Cavill for Stardom

Cavill seemed open to donning the cape again for a Justice League film, despite his concerns.

“I think it would be great to do, but I don’t think it’s around the corner.”

Warner Bros. has not officially attached a writer or director to a Justice League film, though writer David S. Goyer and director Zack Snyder are rumored to be involved in some capacity.

“Man of Steel” has grossed almost $400 million worldwide since its release.

Here's me hoping that a JLA film put on hold in favor of giving Supes another installment. A JLA film depending on the success of MOS has always sounded like a horrible idea, as that would mean the JLA film would be rushed instead of thought through carefully.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’ Empty Re: Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 pm

It's a lose-lose proposition. If WB choose to develop individual characters first, they're "copying Marvel's formula". If they use JLA to launch spinoffs, they're not "taking their time with the characters". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’ Empty Re: Henry Cavill Says ‘Justice League’ Is Not ‘Around the Corner’

Post  non_amos Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 am

thecolorsblend wrote:It's a lose-lose proposition. If WB choose to develop individual characters first, they're "copying Marvel's formula". If they use JLA to launch spinoffs, they're not "taking their time with the characters". Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Why can't JLA simply be done like WATCHMEN? I know, I know, Watchmen was a particular comic series/graphic novel invented in the mind of Alan Moore as a 12-issue 'one-shot'. The individual characters were never intended to have their own series, etc. So it was designed as a team effort only.

JLA ain't Watchmen but why can't Snyder do the same thing with JLA? Ya know, it might make sense to at least have a rebooted Batman first, that is, unless JLA launches the new Batman. There should definitely be another Superman film first.

But let me make another point about Watchmen. I could not fully get into the comic back in the day even though I bought all 12 issues. To me it was characters I'd never heard of so therefore I wasn't invested in them like I was JLA or Avengers. But..........I went & saw the film & I was blown away! And that is my point. Snyder made me care about characters that previously I cared nothing for!

Now what do you think Snyder could do with the Justice League? Characters that everyone has heard of?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:58 am

As has been pointed out many times by many people, the JLA is absurdly powerful. The default position for most writers is that it's hard enough to write for Superman but writing a JLA story worthy of everybody is virtually impossible (but Grant Morrison and Mark Waid did it every month for years so hmmm). What I think we should all get comfortable with is that beyond Superman, Batman and maybe Wonder Woman, Justice League of America may well otherwise be filled with second stringers like Blue Beetle, Hawkman, Cyborg and the like. And that's even if Goyer is involved.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down